Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Hasselbeck on Jim Zorn .. enough said

fosback

Matt Hasselbeck ion Jim Zorn

"I think he should be the head coach," Hasselbeck said yesterday at Phoenix Convention Center. "When you look for qualities in a head coach, he's got them all. He doesn't have the experience, but neither did Andy Reid when he was my position coach in Green Bay and left for Philadelphia."

Washington Times, 1/31/08

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Matt Hasselbeck ion Jim Zorn

"I think he should be the head coach," Hasselbeck said yesterday at Phoenix Convention Center. "When you look for qualities in a head coach, he's got them all. He doesn't have the experience, but neither did Andy Reid when he was my position coach in Green Bay and left for Philadelphia."

Washington Times, 1/31/08

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well if Hasselbeck said it then hes our man......

If we ever need another coach the Skins should contact Hasselbeck or perhaps Carson Palmer or one of their brothers. They both said they would make great QB's in the NFL.

That's great an all that Hasslebeck likes Zorn.

This is all I need to know about it though:

Seattle employed both Zorn and Mora Jr. And Seattle--who clearly has the best read on both of these guys--felt that Mora Jr was the better coaching prospect so they kept him around and promised him the job. They let Zorn free to go elsewhere.

So Seattle has pretty clearly said Mora Jr > Zorn.

Seattle employed both Zorn and Mora Jr. And Seattle--who clearly has the best read on both of these guys--felt that Mora Jr was the better coaching prospect so they kept him around and promised him the job. They let Zorn free to go elsewhere.

One can't argue with this point. Even though you continually bash the FO. Just have to wait and see. I really hope it works out.

Hiring Zorn would be a bad move for Seattle, because he played for them for a long, long time. If he doesn't succeed, firing him would be a pain in the ass, because he was such a popular QB to begin with. This is the exact reason we didn't give Grimm a chance. Hiring an ex player(who played for the same team) as HC is just a terrible move. It doesn't prove that they thought Zorn would be a bad HC.

As for Mora, all I need to know is Atlanta fired him.

Not exactly true. Zorn was hired by the Redskins before Seattle announced Mora would be the next coach. We don't know what would have happened had Zorn not decided to leave. Clearly Zorn was motivated to take a step up with his career, and Seattle didn't have that opportunity for him.

Mora Jr WITHDREW his name from the competition. So it WASN'T that Seattle "said Mora Jr > Zorn." When Zorn took the OC job with us, I'm sure that the 'hags made overtures to Mora that he would be the next HC IF he stayed. That was to keep from losing TWO assistants.

Listen .. we saw what Mora Jr did in Hotlanta. Call me unimpressed!

I was pulling for Mooch but if he's not in consideration, Zorn > Dweezil!

EDIT: DOH! GSF had the same thoughts two minutes prior to my hitting the reply button.

Well, his brother WAS a Redskin, so maybe he doesn't hate us all that much.

He jokes about us cutting his brother. I really like this hire, we can grow with Zorn and I like the fact that a youngish hungry assistant is our new coach. From what I've read he seems like a stand up guy. We're playing with house money at this point. We got a potentially great HC, who can be with the organization for years.

Here is another ringing endorsement from someone who knows Zorn from Seattle:

"I know he worked his quarterbacks hard, but we'll have to see what kind of coach he is."

Wow. Sean Springs really was effusive there! Clearly he thinks Zorn will be a great coach....

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

We get the point SMG,

Hell, I wanted Williams to stay especially after the "continuity" :rolleyes: speeches made by Gibbs and Snyder and I will say this in multiple threads as I'm saying here "The Redskins made a mistake in letting Williams go, since IMO for the short term he probably was the best guy for the job"

What's done is done and at least it wasn't Fassel.

I only hope that Zorn does well and I would hope you would too unless you're so desperate to say "see Danny I told you so I was right" to him and the others in the fan base that you'd rather see the Skins lose to prove a point.

Archived