Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will actually end up being the best DE in the draft?

Mister Happy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We all know who are "supposed" to be the best DEs, but who do you think will really be the best DE in the draft, when we look at the league in a few years?

The list of DEs in the poll is straight from NFL.com, so if you have a problem with it, take it up with them.

Obviously we don't know, but there is nothing wrong with seeing what people are guessing.

My best guess would be Adams, though I don't think he fits our team.

I voted for Jay Moore to be different. I don't necessarily think he will be the best (I'm pretty sure he won't, actually), but I think there's a good chance he ends up the best value.

This draft is so deep in DE's. It has been a long time since I have seen one so deep at a particular position. I counted 11 out of that list that I think are going to have solid careers, which is why I would not mind seeing the Skins trade down a little and possibly pick up two good d-linemen. I still think Anderson is going to be the best overall since he has a lot of skills against the run and the pass. But there are so many different ways to answer this question because there are a few different kinds of players in that list.

I mean Adams and Moss may put up good sack numbers, but might not be stout against the run. Anderson and Abiamiri might not put up eye-popping numbers, but will be very valuable against the run and the pass. then there are people like Carriker that will be able to play DE and DT very well depending on the down and what the team needs. I think there are so many variables that it is impossible to say who is "best."

In my opinion, that's where you go wrong with your scenario. There is a lot unconditional love on this board for JC, who has proven to be average at best. If the Redskins are serious about Russell, it's because they've come to the conclusion that JC isn't as good as they thought. An opinion shared by many people NOT on this board.

I don't know what Redskins greats you are referring to, but JC did not play "great" last year.

Oh, and no way Carolina lets Peppers go. That's really a stretch.

Hail,

H

I honestly think it could be Carriker or Okoye, one they won't be drafted as high so they might be on a team that already has some depth, and two I just think they have more upside and potential

Archived