PRESS RELEASE: Jimoh Re-signed

Blade

www.redskins.com

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 31, 2006

WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN CB ADE JIMOH

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins announced today they have signed

cornerback Ade Jimoh. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Jimoh, 6-1, 190 lbs., has participated in 47 regular season and two

playoffs games and is a key contributor on defense and special teams for

the Redskins. He has 20 career tackles (18 solo) and finished fifth on

the Redskins in special teams tackles in 2005. Jimoh is a three-year

veteran from Utah State. He played all three seasons with the Redskins

after signing as an undrafted free agent in 2003.

Wonder if he'll go back to his old number now that Soutmire is gone.

I know he won't pick up next year as much as he did between the '04 and '05 seasons, but I'm looking forward to seeing more improvement from him in the Nickel position.

Guest santana4prez

Another key player resigned.

Jimoh is a great special teams player and a up and coming cornerback.

HTTR:helmet:

Ade won't be our Nickel Corner if Gibbs/Williams/Snyder can help it. They've already expressed the fact that they are interested in obtaining a more established CB.

Jimoh's resigning is most likely due to the fact that he played excellent on Special Teams last year.

Ade won't be our Nickel Corner if Gibbs/Williams/Snyder can help it. They've already expressed the fact that they are interested in obtaining a more established CB.

Well, I think we are looking for depth, because we are only three deep in corners before you hit the scrubs. It doesn't mean that whoever they sign is going to beat out Jimoh. Course, that's what training camp is for.

Jason

One thing that really hurt last year was all the CB on the team got really banged up Springs, Harris and Rodgers . Ade had a good year and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the nickle possition and so I like this signing ...that said I also would mind getting some olid depth with him like fletcher .

awesome, im a big fan of jimoh, but only on special teams. he tends to give me a heart attack when playing nickel corner so im hoping we can pick someone up to play nickel corner instead of jimoh or even draft someone, which im almost positive we will.

WOW, you're almost positive we'll draft a CB to play nickle corner? What, are you JG grandson?

so many people are ignorant about how jimoh played last year

he made huge strides

It really is getting quite annoying. ST play aside, Jimoh was solid for us last year. The tackle he made on Fitzgerald to seal the game against the Cards was an unbelievable play. So many people have made this guy a scapegoat over the years, but the fact is he has continued to improve every year with us.

And he is our best special teams player

Id be more comfortable with Tom Carter at cornerback than this guy.

Jimoh was a special teams beast in 2005. He is still a developing corner. I think a good offseason and training camp could really help him become a good caliber nickle corner.

Give the guy a break.

The way he palyed corner the first year really was really hurting my eyes. But I think everyone is saying it correctly. Jimoh has improved every year but I think last year he was looking really good not only on ST but corner as well. I am glad that we signed him even though it was only to his tender. He will be a URFA in 2007. We might want to sign him before then because his value could really jump this year if he continues to improve like he did last year.

Archived