Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Jimoh Re-signed

Blade

he really is improving and is ideal as a thrid because of his size. He matches up on the slot guys and can bounce them around a bit and disrupt timing. he's no world killer, but he is improving and seems dedicated. i dig it the most!

Curious if he just signed the offer sheet. I would guess it is a longer deal because they didn't disclose terms. Either way, I like it because Jimoh played solidly on D last year when he was thrown in there & is a beast on special teams. Still would be great to sign a nickel QB so we have some depth with Jimoh playing only in dime situations.

I'm slowly starting to like the guy.

He is a ST demon. Arguably our best ST player.

As a CB he is developing nicely. He'll never be a Pro Bowler, but he's now one of those decent role player Nickel/Dime CBs. Inexpensive and invaluable.

I never understood how he kept making the team but credit goes to the coaches for seeing the potential in Jimoh and to Jimoh himself for working hard enough to realize his potential.

OK, I can see the special teams thing.....however, let's not put this guy in the HOF yet, people. So tell me who is better at CB....Walt Harris or Jimoh? As long as Jimoh is playing dime or some nickel, I am fine with that. But to have two CBs on the field, and one of them to be Jimoh.....I personally would feel much more comfortable with Walt Harris out there.

I'm Ok w/ special teams - frankly last year he was great on ST......but please....please - the man is not a cornerback. Not in a nickel situation...not dime...not quarter.....not penny.....not halfpence.....there is not one defensive package named after a metal currency unit that he is suitable in.

Glad to have him on ST if that is what Danny and Gibbs want. He is not Williams caliber.

jimoh.jpg

:doh: Why is there suddenly a cult behind Jimoh? He's got more fans than Rock Cartright?

Jimoh had some good games last year, and he did come in and play well for us in Springs's absense. But the opinions I'm hearing about htis guy are ludicrius. C'mon, calling Jimoh a "key player"?

He's good on special teams. I'm not going to give him too much credit for last year because I was too busy screaming at Harris make the mistake that Jimoh used to make. But I won't disagree that he had a better year last year.

But I mean, if a player who is crappy for his first 3 seasons and then makes th pro bowl in his fourth (ala Drew Brees) is still questioned about how good he is; I think its CRAZY to just ignore all the mistakes that Jimoh made in his first few seasons because he had a 'not so bad' year. How many pics did he get? How many sacks? How many deflections? How many times did he actually go one on one with a WR?

I'm gonna change his nickname from 'toast' to 'KOOL-AID' cause he's gotten really good at selling that stuff to Redskins fans. :doh:

Jimoh had some good games last year, and he did come in and play well for us in Springs's absense. But the opinions I'm hearing about htis guy are ludicrius. C'mon, calling Jimoh a "key player"?

Reading through this thread I haven't seen anybody call him a Pro Bowler or future Pro Bowler or HOF'er.

The key player thing does have merit IMO, because good special teams guys are hard to find. Don't believe me? Then look at the Norval years.:doh:

Jimoh took some big strides last year and earned some confidence from Williams and his staff. Nice to see some home grown talent make progress. :2cents:

I think Jimoh did better last year, but he's not a key player. I'm not seeing any sign of the Skins signing a nickel corner, so Jimoh may just be the #3 option. He's made improvements since being in the league, but needs more production. We'll see how he does.

Ade Jimoh is this generation's version of Sidney Johnson or AJ Johnson, players the Redskins kept to play on special teams that continued to make plays and help the team win.

We end up keeping running backs or receivers on the team to return punts and kicks rather than run the ball or catch it, why so much grief and disbelief over resigning a guy like Jimoh that crunches guys on ST? :)

Do you want Ade out there as a regular on defense? No, but your #4 or #5 corner in today's NFL is usually a special teamer with limited upside on defense.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as our #4 corner. That way if someone gets injured (which is likely) he only has to step in as the nickel. That's fine with me. I like having him on the field. The guy can knock the living **** out of receivers. If he steps his cover skills up just a little bit, he will be a decent starting corner

I don't understand the Jimoh bashers on here. Sure, he's not as good as Shawn Springs or Carlos Rogers, and apparently had to play behind Walt Harris, too. We'll probably bring someone in to compete with him for the #3 spot. But at his asking price, why the hell wouldn't you want Jimoh? He already knows the defense, and I saw him make a number of good solo open-field tackles last year. So, quit the Jimoh bashing.

Archived