Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Season's Cooley

bird_1972

I, for one, didn't anticipate the impact and maturity Cooley showed throughout the season last year when we drafted him. I'd go so far as to say he was one of the only bright-spots in an otherwise dismal offensive performance throughout the year. What a 3rd round steal!

So ... who do you guys think will be the "Cooley" of the draft class of 2005? Offense or Defense - does not matter.

I'm thinking that guy Nemo. We were hurting on the short-yardage stuff last year and I think with an improved o-line, he could make an impact. If we hadn't signed Holdman, I might have said McCune instead, although at this point I don't see him seeing the field in any other capacity outside of special teams.

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

McCune :jerkoff: oh McCune --

Nah, but seriously -- I can't see anyone except Carlos Rogers making a impact. The other guys are just going to blocking on ST.

Edit: Maybe Nemo...

Where is chocolate city located? I need to send a few of my female coworkers there. :laugh:

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

McCune :jerkoff: oh McCune --

Nah, but seriously -- I can't see anyone except Carlos Rogers making a impact. The other guys are just going to blocking on ST.

Edit: Maybe Nemo...

maybe so, but i wouldn't mind seeing a guy put a huge exclamation point on our special teams. personally, i'll be damn happy to say next may that our 05' draft class had a huge impact on special teams. it would be a sign of a change in management philosophy and show signs of developing talent.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Rogers

The prob with Rogers is he was a #9 overall pick. I kind of expect that dividend to pay off.

I was thinking more along the lines of a later round surprise when I was defining this years "Cooley".

I can't wait to see McCune hit...I can't wait to see first time he blows someone up on special teams. I doubt he will see very much time at LB this year, especially after the Holdman signing. But you never know. He may get a rotation here, a play there....

I hope he's a big hitter!

Originally posted by bird_1972

The prob with Rogers is he was a #9 overall pick. I kind of expect that dividend to pay off.

I was thinking more along the lines of a later round surprise when I was defining this years "Cooley".

Not sure if he qualifies for what your asking but Im optimistic on McCants.

I like McCune also and the Nemo Kid.

Cooley although will make an even bigger impact this year.

He is dangerous, already understands the plays, second year.

He will be great for alot of yardage, especially the way he slips into the open areas of secondary like he does.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

If Rodgers isn't the biggest stand out of this years draft for us, then we are going to be real trouble

But Rodgers shouldn't be a "surprise" as a high first-rounder. The reason I made allusions to Cooley is because I was hoping to get opinions on who would be the biggest pleasant surprise to come from this draft.

Archived