Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More PFT crap

forbeskin

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TY WON'T GET BIG COIN

In response to reports that cornerback Ty Law expects to maintain the same sky-high salary he was receiving in New England before his wheel cracked like an ice cube in a bowl of bisque, league insiders are questioning (again) the sanity of Law's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston.

"No f--king way [Law] gets big coin up front," opined one league source.

"Unless," the source added, "[Redskins owner Dan Snyder] goes apesh-t again."

But there are three obstacles to Law getting an above-market contract from the 'Skins. First, the team put itself in a major cap mess by trading Laveranues Coles, making it difficult to pay an eight-figure bonus to Law. Second, the 'Skins drafted Carlos Rogers (or "Carlos Joseph" if you get your NFL news from the yay-hoos at Yahoo). Third, the 'Skins are still leery about working with the Postons, who claimed that the team fraudulently failed to include a second $6.5 million roster bonus for 2006 in LaVar Arrington's December 2003 contract extension.

Teams interested in Law include the Steelers, Lions, and Dolphins. But we can't imagine any of them breaking the pig for a guy who might not be the same in 2005 after breaking his piggies in October of last season.

These guys are a joke! I defended them one time, but now I realize I should be severely beaten for that! Any why would we need another CB?

It will probably take one more offseason like the present one before agents and players have to try to use someone else's media-fueled "reputation" as a free spender to try to leverage their teams for a better contract. I think trying to use Snyder for that purpose has lost its value to all but those who really haven't been paying attention.

There are plenty of other owners throwing more money around than we are ... it'll just take the great lemming-like beast that is "perception" a year or two to catch on.

all you have to do is win :)

then if you do, you can sign a guy like Roosevelt Colvin as the Pats did and get nothing out of him for almost 2 years and NO ONE is going to say jack about it :cheers:

but if you finish 6-10 then the moves for Springs, Griffin and Washington are overlooked so that people can focus on Mark Brunell to the exclusion of everything else :(

Originally posted by Califan007

What kind of "league source" says things like "No f--king way [Law] gets big coin up front" and "unless Synder goes apesh*t"...

That "league source" sounds like his brother-in-law Dookie who works the concession stand at the stadium...

For some reason when I read that I picture Matt Millen :whoknows:

Pro Football Talk is not media. It's a full-time accountant who has a web site and prints ANY comment anyone makes to him, because he can. For example, one of the moderators at ANY NFL team official message board is a league source. A person actually employed by a team.

Such a person may never step foot in an NFL facility, and would likely comment in such a way as this quote reveals. Pro Football Talk is nonsense. Always has been. Always will be. Stop saying it's a media source.

It's a nude guy rubbing petroleum jelly all over himself because he's got a web site. Same thing we do here, only, we allow the female members to assist of course :).

Originally posted by Art

Pro Football Talk is not media. It's a full-time accountant who has a web site and prints ANY comment anyone makes to him, because he can. For example, one of the moderators at ANY NFL team official message board is a league source. A person actually employed by a team.

Such a person may never step foot in an NFL facility, and would likely comment in such a way as this quote reveals. Pro Football Talk is nonsense. Always has been. Always will be. Stop saying it's a media source.

It's a nude guy rubbing petroleum jelly all over himself because he's got a web site. Same thing we do here, only, we allow the female members to assist of course :).

Art....Seriously, didnt you used to write for them ?

I don't see why you guys are getting up in arms. While there's no logical reason for the Redskins to go out and sign Law, this is exactly the type of thing that Snyder would do, which is basically what the article is trying to say.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Snyder went out and signed Law. It would go right along with the other head-scratching choices he has made this offseason.

I know it's not fair to Redskins fans, but your team really does need a new owner. Snyder just doesn't know what he is doing and it seems that he changes the team's direction/philosophy every 1-2 years.

Anyway, good article.

-CP

The problem with the premise you forward, CP, is Snyder hasn't made a single move this offseason. Gibbs has, sure. Snyder's just signed a number of checks and finalized a couple of deals, which he's done most of his time here.

But, even if the obviousness of who's in charge is lost on you, as we know it isn't really, but, you need to pretend -- without much of a stretch -- to be a dope, the fact is, signing a guy like Law would be completely out of the norm for Snyder consider the moves he's overseen the last, oh, four offseasons.

Now, you strike me as a lad who's still upset mommy and daddy didn't get him his own X-Box for Christmas about six years ago. But, I'd suggest you at least get current with your complaints so you don't come off like such a twit. How'd that be?

Dear Art,

How are you buddy? I hope your recovery is going well. The folks here at Extremeskins.com really missed your presence.

Anyway, we will have to agree to disagree on the plight of the Redskins. You say that Gibbs is calling the shots. I still see your team making serious personnel and financial blunders (the Coles for Moss trade? - one of the worst deals I have ever seen - and the Jason Campbell project quarterback experiment - you could have had the same player with NFL experience - Quincy Carter - for free)

Anyway, nice to have you back! Take care of yourself!!

-CP

Originally posted by CoachParcells

I still see your team making serious personnel and financial blunders (the Coles for Moss trade? - one of the worst deals I have ever seen

Was it worse than Joey Galloway (and a $12M bonsu) for 2 firsts?

Absolutely not.

Sorry guys,

Despite PFT's occasional shots at Snyder.....I read PFT everyday.

Plus, PFT is the reason I showed up to ES in the 1st place.

PFT had the "Going Poston" cartoon of BANG's and has pubbed ES before.

I came for BANG's cartoons, I stayed for the message boards and the great things that ES is.

So, be angry about PFT (I always take most of it with a grain of salt) but it's a funny site and it has pubbed BANG and ES before.

Archived