Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More PFT crap

forbeskin

(the Coles for Moss trade? - one of the worst deals I have ever seen

:rolleyes: yeah trading a disgrunteled injuried wr, who refuses to get needed surgery, and becoming a locker room cancer for a proven starter and deep threat, when most teams thought Coles would be released..... terrible deal

should have released him, got nothing and still taken the cap hit :laugh:

(- and the Jason Campbell project quarterback experiment - you could have had the same player with NFL experience - Quincy Carter - for free)

the only simularities between Carter and Campbell is they both played QB in the SEC and wear #17

Originally posted by CoachParcells

Dear Art,

How are you buddy? I hope your recovery is going well. The folks here at Extremeskins.com really missed your presence.

Anyway, we will have to agree to disagree on the plight of the Redskins. You say that Gibbs is calling the shots. I still see your team making serious personnel and financial blunders (the Coles for Moss trade? - one of the worst deals I have ever seen - and the Jason Campbell project quarterback experiment - you could have had the same player with NFL experience - Quincy Carter - for free)

Anyway, nice to have you back! Take care of yourself!!

-CP

Mr. Disingenuous himself comes back and is suddenly feeling free to speak on behalf of extremeskins members?

After what we've seen from this troll over the last week or so, this is a true case of elephantitis of the gonads.

PS: How did that great freebie Quincy work out for those 'boys?

Dear Art,

How are you buddy? I hope your recovery is going well. The folks here at Extremeskins.com really missed your presence.

Anyway, we will have to agree to disagree on the plight of the Redskins. You say that Gibbs is calling the shots. I still see your team making serious personnel and financial blunders (the Coles for Moss trade? - one of the worst deals I have ever seen - and the Jason Campbell project quarterback experiment - you could have had the same player with NFL experience - Quincy Carter - for free)

-CP

CP, before you post again anywhere else, why don't you respond to what you have been up to?

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101915&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by Art

Pro Football Talk is not media. It's a full-time accountant who has a web site and prints ANY comment anyone makes to him, because he can. For example, one of the moderators at ANY NFL team official message board is a league source. A person actually employed by a team.

Such a person may never step foot in an NFL facility, and would likely comment in such a way as this quote reveals. Pro Football Talk is nonsense. Always has been. Always will be. Stop saying it's a media source.

Actually, the site (which consists of Mike Florio) is a full-time lawyer, not accountant. Let's get it straight.

Mike used to write for ESPN.com and he actually has legitimate sources and sometimes breaks legitimate news.

In this case, of course, his sources are full of it. But he is no worse than, say, our local guy Nunyo. And, in his support, when he makes a mistake he acknowledges it. Wish we could say he same for our local folks.

Originally posted by andyman

Actually, the site (which consists of Mike Florio) is a full-time lawyer, not accountant. Let's get it straight.

Mike used to write for ESPN.com and he actually has legitimate sources and sometimes breaks legitimate news.

In this case, of course, his sources are full of it. But he is no worse than, say, our local guy Nunyo. And, in his support, when he makes a mistake he acknowledges it. Wish we could say he same for our local folks.

runaway.gif

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

And pssst they are both black

That is really where CP was drawing the comparision

I know but some of us are above stereo-typing purely by skin color

I'm not a fan of the Campbell pick, but comparing him to Quincy "nose candy" Carter is ludicrous

Originally posted by Art

It's a nude guy rubbing petroleum jelly all over himself because he's got a web site. Same thing we do here, only, we allow the female members to assist of course :).

And where is the nude guy here who has the vaseline? Enquiring minds want to know!!

Blondie

Dear Art,

-CP

CP,

Exactly where do you think I've been?

I haven't been gone. I've been right here. So what is the thematic welcome back directed towards exactly?

As for you and I being left at agreeing to disagree, unfortunately for you, we're not there at all. See, you have a very limited insight into this shared experience we call reality in the world. Therefore, it's unlikely I can even nod your direction that you have a point worthy of the lofty level of disagreement.

You don't.

I don't say Gibbs is calling the shots. Gibbs is. Cerrato is. Snyder is. Swanson is. ETC. Kind of uniform in statement and structure. Kind of impossible to have a contrary view. Does that mean you have to like the individual moves the team makes? Not at all.

But, your disapproval probably lifts the intelligence of the moves more than you realize. And for that, I am grateful to you.

Originally posted by andyman

Hey, I'm no Nunyo fan, but, no one is worse than Florio :).

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

CP, before you post again anywhere else, why don't you respond to what you have been up to?

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101915&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

My thoughts exactly.

Talk me out of thinking my letting you off the hook the first time was a mistake, CP. And make it good. You know the old saying:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice ...

Originally posted by Art

Mick,

I wrote for NFL Talk, before the good guys there became ESPN employees, leaving the guys who were unemployable to run Pro Football Talk :).

I could be and am probally wrong, but didn't Lenny "four subs a day minimum" Pasquarelli also write for NFL Talk?

Originally posted by Art

It's a nude guy rubbing petroleum jelly all over himself because he's got a web site. Same thing we do here, only, we allow the female members to assist of course :).

This is too much information. On the other hand when do we get to rub petroleum jelly all over the female members?

I don't even let :pooh: like this bother me. Clearly its someone reaching for a story, and everbody knows that the Snyder is the number one owner to bash on. The problem is, that Snyder is probably the best owner a team could have.

As for you and I being left at agreeing to disagree, unfortunately for you, we're not there at all. See, you have a very limited insight into this shared experience we call reality in the world. Therefore, it's unlikely I can even nod your direction that you have a point worthy of the lofty level of disagreement.

You don't.

I don't say Gibbs is calling the shots. Gibbs is. Cerrato is. Snyder is. Swanson is. ETC. Kind of uniform in statement and structure. Kind of impossible to have a contrary view. Does that mean you have to like the individual moves the team makes? Not at all.

But, your disapproval probably lifts the intelligence of the moves more than you realize. And for that, I am grateful to you.

Sadly, CP's misguided viewpoint on who is calling the shots in DC is probably shared by most fans. Perhaps because Snyder is the media's whipping boy and fans need someone to hate. Not only has he made the Skins the second most profitable franshise in sports history - but he sells newspapers and causes people to click on hyperlinks too. Fans can't ever seem to get enough of the hating on Snyder. And it doesn't help that Gibbs is simply not someone you can hate, even if he beats you.

The pathetic thing is that should all the moves work out and the team starts to win - it will be Gibbs who is given credit by the same people who wanted to blame Snyder. I've come to grips with the fact that no one outside of Skins fans will ever give Snyder credit for anything. Hopefully, so has Snyder. :)

Thanks everybody for all of your responses. I will make note of your suggestions and look for ways to make improvements.

Now, it has been brought to my attention of the following:

From Art:

I haven't been gone. I've been right here. So what is the thematic welcome back directed towards exactly?

I do hope things are going better for you Art. It's not my intention to get you upset, so just know that. Take care of yourself.

From OM

Talk me out of thinking my letting you off the hook the first time was a mistake, CP. And make it good. You know the old saying:

I had already stated that that particular post was made in haste before I got to know some of you guys and I already apologized for it. My first peek at Extremeskins.com just happened to be a thread where Art was having one of his legendary meltdowns and I took that as how things were around here. Luckily, that is not the case.

If there are any more questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to discuss this further.

Sincerely,

-CP

CP,

I'm perfectly calm and not at all upset. You aren't the sort of person who's likely to find he has the capacity to upset me all that greatly. You will inspire some emotion, though, so don't count the inability to inspire the one you'd like as a negative.

Not every man can bring laughter to others. That's a great skill for you and you should do more posts with the quality I've seen here that demonstrates that special ability.

Just messin with you Art.

Tell you what. I will be straight up with you because you acted cool towards me.

My first exposure to Extremeskins.com came from a thread that pointed to one where you had basically told the board that you were going to ban people if they didn't back up their claims.

From afar, it looked like a bunch of Redskins fans were unhappy with the way the draft was unfolding and took there frustration out on the board.

I had also heard that you once openly bragged about beating up a Cowboys fan at a game (or something close to that affect).

Anyway, there is a sense out there in cyberland that you have a short fuse.

That's why I made the remarks I did. Well. you get the idea.

-CP

You are always free to mess with me, CP. You'll never have any worries over that.

You are not incorrect to say the day you visited a number of Redskin fans -- with a number of Cowboy and Eagle fans in disguise -- were taking their frustrations with various aspects of the draft out on the board.

Fortunately, we are a moderated board, and directed they at least process the information available to them before drawing a conclusion and making inflammatory statements. No one cared then, or now, what conclusion they drew having weighed the information available.

Too many decided they simply could grunt. It was a bad day.

I think the other mods will tell you, I have the longest fuse here, but, it is often beneficial for cyberland to have a distinctly different view :).

As for the version of the story you heard about what happened at a game between me and a Cowboy fan, you need to learn to actually trust people who were there. I was. Henry, another mod here, was.

We'd tell you, at no point did I brag about beating up a Cowboy fan at a game. Such an outcome was unnecessary for the Cowboy fan, as the promise of a beating was enough to end his game-long taunting of Redskin fans, at our place, and cause his early departure.

Perhaps I would find something there to brag about :).

Perhaps I did, even:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=74865&perpage=15&display=&highlight=Cowboy%20fan&pagenumber=1

Where this lad didn't fear the tubby black guy he was hollering at, he was wise enough to recognize his time of preening and taunting was at an end, when faced with me as a new option to fight.

A shorter fuse would simply have throttled him as a lesson. But, one can likewise be taught with a longer fuse, which is good.

Thanks for clearing that up Art.

And like I was saying, I was only going on what I had heard about this. I do realize that there was some homerishness going on and I should have gone straight to the source.

-CP

Thanks for clearing that up Art.

And like I was saying, I was only going on what I had heard about this. I do realize that there was some homerishness going on and I should have gone straight to the source.

-CP

Fortunately for you, we're NOT going by what we heard about you :)

Not yet anyway.

Archived