Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone have the latest on Taylor & Moss

Just curious, riggo ... was Sean Taylor a feminine hygiene product in your eyes when he was blowing up opposing WR's last year, or mostly just since he opted to stay in Florida during voluntary camp? :)

I supposed that I could cuss out Taylor and Moss for not showing up to the "voluntary" camp....there is no point to that...I would point out that true redkins team players did show up....i.e. everyone except for them......if either wants to improve upon their play it would behove them to make a bit more effort....

Originally posted by Om

Just curious, riggo ... was Sean Taylor a feminine hygiene product in your eyes when he was blowing up opposing WR's last year, or mostly just since he opted to stay in Florida during voluntary camp? :)

Ed Zachary.

I found myself yelling at my boss yesterday as he was saying how our team had a TO player also. People need to relax about ST until he does something that warrants all this BS.

:2cents:

As long as they are at mini camp I've got no problem with them...what they have to worry about is the relationship with all their teammates who would rather be at home playing golf everyday....these guys are professionals and it is the offseason...hopefully Moss will get there to learn the routes, get timing with Ramsey, etc....Taylor just has to blow people up.

As to Taylor, much as I'd prefer him being here, I'm prepared to allow for the possibility that he's getting bad advice, or even that on some level he NEEDS some time away from Redskins Park to get his head together a bit. You'd like to think that's not the case, but there are people who do in fact do better with a chance to clear their heads and come back refreshed.

Until this guy's tone changes, I think I'll not lose too much sleep over Mr. Taylor just yet:

Williams Remains Taylor Fan

Warpath Staff - Scout.com

May 2, 2005 at 1:50pm ET

While Joe Gibbs has expressed his concern about the absence of Sean Taylor from the team's offseason workouts, the second-year safety's immediate supervisor has a different take on it.

Safety Sean Taylor has missed the offseason workouts, causing a stir at Redskins Park. And, though Joe Gibbs is disappointed he hasn't attended the offseason workouts, Gregg Williams isn't bothered by his absence.

''I'm a Sean Taylor fan,'' Williams said. ''I love the kid. He is so much fun to coach and so much fun to have on our team. It'll work out.''

Williams said it won't put Taylor behind to miss these workouts.

''Not right now it doesn't,'' Williams said. ''I'll see when it comes to the first camp, we'll see how far he's behind. . . . But he picks things up so well and he's so competitive. He's such a joy to watch practice. There's not a down day that he shuts down on the practice field. He comes every day. He's the best athlete I've ever coached and he can do things there's no way I can think of taking credit for. He possesses things we can't coach and he's a special, special player.''

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?sl...&type=story

Until this guy's tone changes, I think I'll not lose too much sleep over Mr. Taylor just yet:

I agree. This thing has been blown up into a lot bigger deal than it really is.

Didn't Clinton Portis work out in Miami last year? No ill effects with that.

My main concern is with Moss, and not having him work out with Ramsey, starting to get timing down and all that. He can get in shape all he wants in Miami, but if he doesn't develop something with his QB, he isn't going to get the balls.

Jason

I'd prefer Taylor to be at the voluntary sessions but as long as he's working out, I'd think he won't really fall behind. By the end of camp, he'll probably be our best option at FS. Unfortunately, he knows that so he can avoid the voluntary sessions without hurting his position with the team too much.

Moss concerns me. If your a WR, your skills don't matter as much as your relationship with your QB. Your QB must trust you. You also need to get your timing down so your QB barely has to look at you to know your open, he needs to know where you like the ball. You need to have such a relationship with your QB that he could practically throw the ball to you blindfolded.

Originally posted by skinsbosoxheels

Taylor and Moss have same agent..if I am not mistaken it is Drew Rosenhaus..and ALL of his clients are holding out includin Jevon Walker of the Packers..this agent is becoming worse than the Postons:2cents:

This time last year, people on this board were talking about how great Rosenhaus was and how well he worked with Daniel Snyder. I said an agent was an agent and, by definition, they're out for themselves at the end of the day. He won't make things any easier than any other agent.

I was right.

Nick

What bothers me, and it seems to be the point that everyone here is over-looking, is not that Taylor didn't show at a "voluntary" camp, but that he doesn't have the respect to return Gibbs' phone calls. That, my friends, is a huge reflection on his character and could end up creating a really bad situation here!!!

Taylor and Moss have same agent..if I am not mistaken it is Drew Rosenhaus..and ALL of his clients are holding out includin Jevon Walker of the Packers..this agent is becoming worse than the Postons:2cents:

Yes sir.....Drew is the agent for both of them. I do believe he is knocking on the Poston's door for the slimeball trophy.

So if you see this man.....hold onto your wallet - and run the other way.

Originally posted by Taylor 36

What bothers me, and it seems to be the point that everyone here is over-looking, is not that Taylor didn't show at a "voluntary" camp, but that he doesn't have the respect to return Gibbs' phone calls. That, my friends, is a huge reflection on his character and could end up creating a really bad situation here!!!

Yeah, don't really understand the logic of not talking to your coaches.

i wouldnt mind if they didnt show up and they were like 6 years vettes but neither of them seem to be real smart and both are learning new systems. ya taylor was here for a year but a majority of his mistakes last year came from being out of position, which is a mental not physical thing. being at camp now could help keep those things from happening

I could agree with that.....He should at least return a phone call and say, "Coach, I'll see you at Mini Camp."

The problem with Rosenhous' tactics is that every contract signed is a risk. The team takes a risk that the player won't perform up to expectations or get hurt and won't play at all. The player takes a risk that he plays above expectations, or that his contract doesn't reflect future market value for his skills.

Rosenhous seems to be encouraging players to hold out to have contracts adjusted to reflect current market value, but the team has no similar recourse. It can cut a player but then it must eat bonus money immediately and still must replace the player.

Rosenhous seems to want even small inequities addressed in the players favor but what recourse does a team have for underperforming or injured players?

Yes, not returning the head coach's calls is beyond reason. Kwame Brown didn't return the Wizards calls when he stayed home sick. Now he is suspended. Taylor has already demonstrated in one season that he can play, which Kwame never did in 4 seasons, but Taylor's behavior still reminds me of Mr. Brown.

Originally posted by Darth Tater

Moss concerns me. If your a WR, your skills don't matter as much as your relationship with your QB. Your QB must trust you. You also need to get your timing down so your QB barely has to look at you to know your open, he needs to know where you like the ball. You need to have such a relationship with your QB that he could practically throw the ball to you blindfolded.

Totally agree and is what i'm concerned with.

Who knows? Maybe Taylor is getting better workouts in Miami. The weather is can't-miss sunshine. I heard the voluntary workouts aren't even that hard. Sometimes it is good to get away and clear the head. Let him go. He'll be there for the June minicamp.

Archived