Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats your 40 yard dash time?

Mr. S

Originally posted by Cowboy4ever

I read a good article the other day - I think it was from NFL.com - which explained how NFL 40 times are a joke.

If I remember right, they said that Ben Johnson's estimated 40 yd time (estimated during his world record 60m sprint) was like 4.3. Realistically, you can take virtually every 40 time you've ever seen and add .1 or .2 to it.

Out of curiousity, have you been reading the previous posts in this thread?

When I was nineteen or so, I hopped a fence to retrieve a football before my friend could tell me about ....

....the dog next door. :yikes:

It was a beautiful German Shepherd, with an attitude.

We first made eye contact just as I reached the ball. He had just gotten to his feet, er um, paws, and seemed rather pissed that I had disturbed his nap time.

There were no stop watches that day, but I'm positve that the time in which it took me to cover the distance back to, and over the fence, when projected out to 40 yards, was easily sub 4.0. :D

That kind of adrenaline is more powerful than steroids. :whew:

I love it.....1/2 the board here at Extremeskins are faster than any of the top 5 CBs drafted this year.

...I was a distance runner in HS.....couldn't sprint to save my life....shortest I ever ran was the 800 competitively......Ran the 5K X country and the Mile......15:35 and 4:26 respectively......during the summer ran TAC and was nationally ranked in the 2000M Steeplechase....

.....but 3 knee surgeries and way too many pounds later....'dem days are long gone.....

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

I love it.....1/2 the board here at Extremeskins are faster than any of the top 5 CBs drafted this year.

Exactly what I was thinking. :laugh:

Kind of reminds me of similar threads concerning benchpressing on other sites, where everyone seems to be able to benchpress well over twice their weight!

Originally posted by KDawg

Right, because no one can bench press twice their weight! It's impossible! :rolleyes:

Didn't say that, but the ratio of Internet forum users who are able to bench twice their weight and run sub-4.5 40-yard dashes just defy statistical probability.

Originally posted by project myu

Didn't say that, but the ratio of Internet forum users who are able to bench twice their weight and run sub-4.5 40-yard dashes just defy statistical probability.

To be fair, more people here have probably spent time in a gym than, say, members of a flower-arranging forum. ;)

Originally posted by miragv

I really do not believe anyone who says they ran a 4.4 40 considering it was analyzed and concluded that Ben Johnson ran the 40 in 4.38 in his famous race....which he was juiced for.

Agreed....some of you guys are either lying your faces off, or were timed by hand, on turf, with the wind at your backs, etc.

Keep it coming though, some of these numbers are hilarious.

Originally posted by DonMagicJuan

i know i can run a 4.4 - 4.5....im not even gonna lie because i ran in high school (3 years ago) and i was clocked in at 4.6 and im faster now then i was back then

my friend tried out for an arena league team and ran a 4.6 and he was out of shape...

So then why don't you try out for the US olympic team. You're a shoe in for the 100m.

Originally posted by RyansRangers

its amazing how the egos come out when a question is posed..

I have never seen anyone in the seats at FEDEX Field that looks as if the can run anywhere under a 5.5 sec 40

While I'll question the ones posting in the low 4s, I'm sure there are many who can hit under a 5.5. Heck I ran it in 5.6 (yes, hand timed, so add whatever) at the beginning of our season this year, and I'm basically a non-running female, who just gets lucky with a really nice burst off the line. I know the smaller girls on our team are down in the 5.0-5.3 range.

Archived