Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats your 40 yard dash time?

Mr. S

In HS, I ran it in just over 5.0 (I can't remember the exact time). Several thousand beers and 8 years later, I probably run around a 6.2 like you, Mr. S.

EDIT: I was an offensive tackle, so 5.0 ain't all that bad :)

Just a side note, the fastest guys on my college rugby team ran it around 4.7-4.8 on grass with cleats on. And they were FAST AS HELL, by far the fastest guys on the team and among any of our opponents. I say that just to put those high 4.2 times into perspective. Those guys are damn fast...

Originally posted by Pete

I ran the 40 in 4.3 flat in my senior year of high school. 26 years later, bad knees, lower back problem, and about 40 more pounds, I figure about 10 or 11 seconds.

:cheers:

Dude, you're 44. That puts your senior year in high-school in 1978-1979. In 1988, Ben Johnson (under perfect conditions, and under the influence of steriods) ran a 4.38, which at the time was considered to be the fastest time ever. So, at 4.3, in 1979, you would have been a world-class sprinter. Sorry to call you out, but I smelled bull:pooh:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050418/news_1s18forty.html

Originally posted by Dan T.

I didn't know we had so many elite speedsters on Extremeskins.

4.4 for me, back in the day. Probably 4.6 now.

Oh, and I'm a scratch golfer, too. Tara Reid caddies for me.

And I wrestle alligators.

tell me more about tara reid :cool:

I read a good article the other day - I think it was from NFL.com - which explained how NFL 40 times are a joke.

If I remember right, they said that Ben Johnson's estimated 40 yd time (estimated during his world record 60m sprint) was like 4.3. Realistically, you can take virtually every 40 time you've ever seen and add .1 or .2 to it.

Archived