Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats your 40 yard dash time?

Mr. S

I have been in football for almost 27 years and I have never seen so many 4.4 and 4.5 people in my life.

Hell, in college, I knew about 6 or maybe 7 true 4.4 guys and they were scary. That was 4.5 years worth of playing guys around the country.

This board has some amazing athletes.

Originally posted by dfbovey

I stick by my 4.46 time. I was quite fit when I was 17. Also held the school record for sit ups in a minute for the presidential fitness test with 72.

Small school?

I did 84.

Originally posted by FS36

Small school?

I did 84.

Crunches or real sit ups?

Our coach wouldn't count them unless your elbows touched your knees and then you had to make sure you flopped your elbows back down on the mat. If you didn't do both he wouldn't count them.

Originally posted by dfbovey

Crunches or real sit ups?

Real situps. I used to be in pretty good shape. I took the state title in VA in tkd in 96 and 97 and competed nationally and globally. I was invited to train with the Swedish national team (my master used to coach them so I had an in). I was also invited to try out for the US olympic team in 97. Don't know my 40 time b/c we never timed running.

I ran a 8.83 and a 4.78 just the other day. It's all about the squats and power cleans. I cut about 3 tenths off with that and technique training. If you are interested in improving your speed (yeah here comes the plug) check out BFS magazine or the book they have out now. Works wonders, ESPECIALLY FOR YOU HIGH SCHOOLERS. All I have to say about that program is TAKEO SPIKES!

Originally posted by FS36

Real situps. I used to be in pretty good shape. I took the state title in VA in tkd in 96 and 97 and competed nationally and globally. I was invited to train with the Swedish national team (my master used to coach them so I had an in). I was also invited to try out for the US olympic team in 97. Don't know my 40 time b/c we never timed running.

84 sit ups in a minute is pretty impressive. Being involved in tkd would definately have alot to do with that. I had a friend who was in tkd and was really good at Breaking boards. I was practicing from the foul line on day and he snuck up behind me and as the ball was coming through the net, he jumped up and kicked it out. One of the most amazing acts of athletecism I've ever seen in person.

I guess maybe its just because I am older, but back when I was in school I did several events in track and field. I don't recall ever seeing a 40 yard time ever timed, it was always the 50 yard dash. I ran pretty consistant 4.9 50's, but ran a 4.78 in a timed event. I'm not sure what that would equate to in the 40.

Now-a-days I use my 63 Chevy II which runs 1.14 60 foot times.

:movefast:

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

I guess maybe its just because I am older, but back when I was in school I did several events in track and field. I don't recall ever seeing a 40 yard time ever timed, it was always the 50 yard dash. I ran pretty consistant 4.9 50's, but ran a 4.78 in a timed event. I'm not sure what that would equate to in the 40.

Track, to my knowledge, doesn't use 40 yard times, they're exclusive to football. Forgive me for not trusting the accuracy of your 50 yard times, but according to the AP list here the world record for the 50 yard dash on an indoor track is 5.22 seconds if I'm reading the chart properly.

Some of you may be exagerating just a tad.

I am 6-4 and currently weigh 335 last night I timed at 4.97. three years ago at 6-4 and 290 I timed at 4.8 (laser) after training all winter and spring! Pardon me if I dont beleive that a bunch of internet addicts are better athletes than me. Die Hard and Art are the only guys that I know of on here that were athletes (DH played Mens football and Art was a Rugby goon) and I havent seen eiother of them post any crazy times on here yet. I am among the top semipro football linemen in Canada and so I would be interested in talking to anybody willing to move to Canada to play if they run a sub 4-4 forty!

p.s. on my university team only three guys ran sub 4-5 fortyies and they were all track athletes as well! seriously.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Is that like an 8.** 1/4 mile?

That's gettin' outta the whole man!!

Good job.

Archived