Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who's Going To Be The Biggest Surprise Next Season?

If you think Taylor had a good rookie year, I would bet that this year will be a HUGE year for taylor under Williams' system. my gut feeling is that we are gonna have to restructure and give him a bigger contract after this season........but its alright with me as long as I can see him bustin heads out there for another season.....

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I'll tell you who I think is going to have an incredable year (besides Gibbs and Ramsey) is Taylor Jacobs. I think he will step up real big. However, either Walt Harris or Ade Jimoh, if not both, need to step up REAL big or we may have a real disapointing season.

Yea I agree on Jacobs. He definetely has big play ability and the coaches love him. He could definetely make a lot of plays this year. Especially if we do not draft a WR, which we prob will.

I voted for JPatrick to be the surprise Skin next season...But if I could get 2 votes I would have voted for Gibbs w/the other...

I think Gibbs will be in that famous rythmn of his next yr in his playcalling and will be a step ahead of the defense instead of behind like he was last yr...This fact alone directly correlates w/JPatrick having a good season next yr! Also JPat will have a full off-season to work w/his WR's...Look what that did for him in the 2003 season, he was on his way to a 20 TD season before getting injured...

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

I'm gonna go out on a limb and vote for someone else not on the list: Darnerian McCants. Word is Gibbs has said D Mac is a part of his plans. He is the possession receiver that we could use. And I feel that I could be a inside the 5 yard line TD scorer like a couple of years back.

Dang! Beat me to it!!

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

I'm gonna go out on a limb and vote for someone else not on the list: Darnerian McCants. Word is Gibbs has said D Mac is a part of his plans. He is the possession receiver that we could use. And I feel that I could be a inside the 5 yard line TD scorer like a couple of years back.

Tru dat! :wave:

i voted for ramsey. i've always liked him, and he's only had one full off season where he knew he was the starter, and that was in a college offense. i think (hope) that w/ all of the work he'll get in in mini camp and off-season workouts, he'll know this offense and be able to lead it. he showed some promise at the end of last year.

i like the post about betts. that could be right on the :2cents:

with all my heart, i feel that two people are going to excel next year with the redskins.

1. chris cooley-this guy is dynamite and he's pumped up to play and is ready to make some big plays.

2. taylor jacobs-with all the fuss over santana moss and david patten, i see taylor jacobs stepping it up and jumping right into the fire.

Originally posted by Larry

Rock Cartwright.

(I had to.)

But, c'mon, who picked these poll choices? The only way Joe Gibbs can "Surprise" next season is by losing.

You must have missed the literally dozens of commentaries in the media--and even by fans on this site--who have HUGE questions as to whether or not the "modern era" of football has passed Gibbs by...If Gibbs for some reason stunk up the field with his playcalling next season, there would be a chorus of "I told you so" sung from every direction of the sporting world.

Originally posted by jtyler42

I voted for JPatrick to be the surprise Skin next season...But if I could get 2 votes I would have voted for Gibbs w/the other...

I think Gibbs will be in that famous rythmn of his next yr in his playcalling and will be a step ahead of the defense instead of behind like he was last yr...This fact alone directly correlates w/JPatrick having a good season next yr! Also JPat will have a full off-season to work w/his WR's...Look what that did for him in the 2003 season, he was on his way to a 20 TD season before getting injured...

Who's this "JPatriick" you speak of??...lol ;)

Archived