Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles looking at Alexander (confirmed)

MikeB

Alexander is soft. However he would fit right in with the Eagles. Great regular season and dissappearing in the playoffs:)

And for those who say we signed our RB a year early and should have had him. We were in talks with Seattle(reportedly) about Alexander for Baily. We ended up going after Portis though, and I'm fine with that.

I don't thinkt he Eagles getting Alexander automatically garuntee's them a super bowl though, and if they sign him just where does that leave Westbrook? Are they going to just use him as a WR?

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

If the eagles brought in a big name back, Reid would have to commit to running the ball more. Which would be a good thing. But Westbrook would be gone next year becuase it. No team gets two good backs for long. The other guy always wants to be a starter somewhere.

True. You guys were in a similar situation with Duce, B-West, and Buckhalter, but Duce left and Buckhalter's a bust.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

A voice of reason. :cheers:

P.S. EL, I will be PMing you about something.

Super secret codes!

;)

The Eagles, for all their space under the cap, don't have the money to sign S.A., franchise Simon, sign draft picks, lock up Trotter/Burgess, and I can't imagine them letting Westbrook go in favor of a "power back" considering Reid doesn't run the ball.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Super secret codes!

;)

The Eagles, for all their space under the cap, don't have the money to sign S.A., franchise Simon, sign draft picks, lock up Trotter/Burgess, and I can't imagine them letting Westbrook go in favor of a "power back" considering Reid doesn't run the ball.

:laugh:

Eagles will take care of in house issues first and foremost.

By then, Alexander will be long gone. Back to Seattle, most likely.

Originally posted by laurent

Alexander would be an awesome fit for the Eagles offense. Whether Reid would end up using him properly is another question.

Hard to agree here. Why? Reid likes a "3 headed" running attack. If Reid calls "Run" at all. I can't imagine an everydown back like Alexander getting his carries cut in a 3rd. Factoring in also that acquiring Alexander is going to take $. Most likely? An incentive based deal. If Alexander isn't getting touches, he won't be a happy camper, and we all seen what he is like when the rushing title was at stake.:mad: It's just not making sense for the money.

Can't see this happening. The Eagles have gone to NFC Championship a couple years a row and now the Super Bowl -- why would they want to completely retool their offense? Sure, they could use a power back for certain situations, but Westbrook is too good to simply discard for Sean Alexander. They'd be better off trading for someone like Ruben Droughns and mixing things up with him and Westbrook.

Archived