Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles looking at Alexander (confirmed)

MikeB

Originally posted by Redsk58417

Ok. Just read and watch what the Eagles "Needs" are. Not for the 200 + pound Westbrook on 3rd and 3. I've been on several Eagles posting boards. I laugh because they are saying things I've told them way back in August. The Eagles are missing a "Physical" presence. The Eagles of '04 were a finesse team. The NFC is known for "Smash Mouth" football. Whether it works or not. 51 passes and 17 only runs for Philly? No where near smash mouth. Its harder to pass than to run.

Thats fine that a need is a "power back", but you dont sign Alexander to be that guy.

Hes a 25 carry a game RB.

And Westbrook isnt merely a switch it up back either.

They may add another RB, but I assure you it wont be Alexander. :2cents:

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Thats fine that a need is a "power back", but you dont sign Alexander to be that guy.

Hes a 25 carry a game RB.

And Westbrook isnt merely a switch it up back either.

They may add another RB, but I assure you it wont be Alexander. :2cents:

Look at my posts. I know Alexander won't be "The Guy" in Philly cause Reid likes the "Rb By Committee" theory. Alexander wants most of, if not all the carries. How did Alexander act when he came up short on the rushing title again? My point exactly. My point of Philly needing a power rushing game stands, but just who fills that void, is the question.

The run game is the weaker aspect of the Eagles O. Yes, Westbrook is a talented RB- but more of a RB as a reciever than a regular RB.

Maybe that's just the Eagles O scheme, but more of a run threat may cause DBs to bite more and get Mitchell and Pinkston and Smith open more.

Is Alexander the guy they need? I don't know but this may mean Buckhalter is gone. Plus, Westbrook has had injuries before and a solid runner may help keep him healthy through out the year.

Archived