Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles looking at Alexander (confirmed)

MikeB

Originally posted by Oldskool

I don’t know how a guy who’s rushed for 5937 yards and 62 TD’s in 4 years can be considered “soft” :doh:

I don't know the exact numbers, but from talking to Seahawks fans, Alexander's numbers on 3rd/4th and short (2 yards or less) is pretty atrocious. Granted some of that is probably the O-line, but any "franchise" RB should have a really good success rate on short yardage. Particularly one touted to be in the 'Riggo' mold.

Originally posted by Ramsey2Coles

True. You guys were in a similar situation with Duce, B-West, and Buckhalter, but Duce left and Buckhalter's a bust.

Buckhalter isn't really a bust, he just can't stay healthy. He's pretty good when he is on the field. I'd bet he's averaged over 4 yards a carry when he is.

Originally posted by Skins4SB

I believe LaMont Jordan wants to start instead of split carries for the rest of his career.

Jordan will be looking to sign somewhere where there is a good chance he will be the starter.

He wont be signing anywhere where he plays second fiddle.

If so, he'd be staying in NY.

Which still may happen if there are assurances this is Martin's last season as a starter.

Originally posted by Skins4SB

I believe LaMont Jordan wants to start instead of split carries for the rest of his career.

lamont is going to the raiders. raiders are really interested in him, according to rumors. he would immediately become the starter behind an offensive line that is just giong to get better.

Maybe the Seahawks will use their heads on this one and use the franchise tag on him, you cant afford to lose a guy like that. I think he is far more important to that team than Walter Jones and Matt Hasselbeck.

This is scary, the Eagles did the same damn thing with T.O. at last years Pro Bowl.

i hope it doesnt happen, contain Alexander and TO, itd get pretty hard. Hopefully by then our offense could hold them better. I think the Eagles wanna keep some of their players though, and with Buckhalter returning, won't they have a double attack again? Also, im sure Levens would play for the vet minimum again.

Originally posted by da#1skinsfan

They better not sign Alexander....Ill lose it. They most definitely will walk to the Superbowl, and probably win, hands down.

Although the running game was absent during the SB, a lot of that falls on the O-Line.

Moreover, although the running game, or lack thereof was a factor in the SB loss, ultimately the loss came down to McNabb and Reid.

Alexander wouldnt have made that much a difference in the SB this year.

No RB wouldve. If the holes and running lanes arent there, they arent there.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Although the running game was absent during the SB, a lot of that falls on the O-Line.

Moreover, although the running game, or lack thereof was a factor in the SB loss, ultimately the loss came down to McNabb and Reid.

Alexander wouldnt have made that much a difference in the SB this year.

No RB wouldve. If the holes and running lanes arent there, they arent there.

You like the "NFL Match up Show" with Meril Hoge, Jaws, and Sal P.? Well Hoge refutted this and he showed a play where Westbrook went wide (to the side lines) when he should've just hit the hole for 3 or 4 yards. There needs to be a physical presence in Philly. A true inside RB presence is a need in Philly.

Originally posted by Redsk58417

You like the "NFL Match up Show" with Meril Hoge, Jaws, and Sal P.? Well Hoge refutted this and he showed a play where Westbrook went wide (to the side lines) when he should've just hit the hole for 3 or 4 yards. There needs to be a physical presence in Philly. A true inside RB presence is a need in Philly.

One play does not make up for an entire game.

The O-Line was overmatched by NE's D.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

But facts are facts, the lanes and holes just werent there for the most part.

If it was as simple as him not running inside on one play, they wouldnt have given up on it.

One play does not make up for an entire game.

The O-Line was overmatched by NE's D.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

But facts are facts, the lanes and holes just werent there for the most part.

If it was as simple as him not running inside on one play, they wouldnt have given up on it.

Ok. Who am I to argue? But if you ask any knowledgable fan? They'd say "A power runner" was missing in Philly. The loss of Duce hurt them. No doubt with me.

Originally posted by Redsk58417

Ok. Who am I to argue? But if you ask any knowledgable fan? They'd say "A power runner" was missing in Philly. The loss of Duce hurt them. No doubt with me.

Their "power runner" (between the tackles/goal line guy) was Levens.

And he was capable throughout the season.

They just didnt use him in the SB because the lanes/holes werent there.

And I wouldnt classify Staley as a "power runner" either.

Oh I remember the game that he power ran all over the cowboys :D

I think you got this one wrong. He is a power runner.

Ok. Just read and watch what the Eagles "Needs" are. Not for the 200 + pound Westbrook on 3rd and 3. I've been on several Eagles posting boards. I laugh because they are saying things I've told them way back in August. The Eagles are missing a "Physical" presence. The Eagles of '04 were a finesse team. The NFC is known for "Smash Mouth" football. Whether it works or not. 51 passes and 17 only runs for Philly? No where near smash mouth. Its harder to pass than to run.

I really think that they are going to draft their next back. I think Alexander will seek for an offense that suits him more and I don;t think that the eagles offesne (if they keep WB) is that offense.

Now if for some reason WB ends up moving then they may look at him as helping them with their cutrrent window. If they were to get him I wouldn;t be happy, but I'm not worried about it right now.

Archived