Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Questin about Gibbs Staying on Around the Horn

skins4eva

Here's what they said guys:

Marriotti: Gibbs's heart is not in it...he'll leave soon, he has no QB, he can't coach

Paige: he'll be around for 4 years, he has time, just like Dick Vermeil did, he'll turn it around.

Adande: He'll be around; Snyder won't fire him. They are close to turning it around, great defense, they need a QB.

Armstrong: He's problem is he doesn't have a QB, he's too old. He'll walk away, Sonny Jergenson is the best QB in town

On the "buy and sell" portion, they asked whether Gibbs would remain with the Skins after this upcoming season.

Two guys including Woody Paige said he would stay for the entire contract. The other two just kept blabbering the same old stuff....old guy, no need to be coaching, has Nascar, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Question for some of you: Before Gibbs abruptly retired in '92, wasn't there some talk about him stepping down before then and that he was persuaded to stay longer? Wasn't it only to the point of his health almost "killing" him that caused him to finally say "no mas"?

Gibbs is a man of committment. He'll be here for at least 2 more years...

It's really interesting to me that 3 out of 4 of them suggested we have no QB. I think we have a better QB situation than most teams. The media bias against the skins is incredible; anyone who has watched Ramsey can see his potential; he's young though. What they said is akin to saying the Giants have no QB or the Bengals have no QB

Originally posted by Westbrook36

I hate this show more than life itself. I wish they kept stats on these guys opinions over the entire year and post the percentage of correct things each person said.

And this coming from a Philly fan. The only good thing about that show is Woody Paige is funny sometimes. I tivo this show, and PTI everyday, I usually just delete Around the Horn before even looking at the topics, it's a waste of my time.

Originally posted by skins4eva

It's really interesting to me that 3 out of 4 of them suggested we have no QB. I think we have a better QB situation than most teams. The media bias against the skins is incredible; anyone who has watched Ramsey can see his potential; he's young though. What they said is akin to saying the Giants have no QB or the Bengals have no QB

Why do you say we have a better QB situation than most teams?

Our back-up is finished and our third stringer is just that.

As for our starter, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I love the kid, but Ramsey is still a big question mark. If you didn't watch the skins regulary and just checked the stats, you probably wouldn't be saying the greatest things about our qb situation either. Hopefully PR can prove the naysayers wrong.

It is weird how the media no-sells Ramsey. No don't get me wrong it's not like they should say RAMSEY IS GREAT, but I remember when Ramsey first came on the scene and became the starter, the media liked him. Then last season with Spurrier, they pretty much blamed Spurrier's scheme for killing Ramsey, but they never once said it was Ramsey's fault. I think the signing of Mark Brunell made the media think Gibbs had no confidence in Ramsey, rather then thinking Gibbs merely wanted a veteren QB either way.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

It is weird how the media no-sells Ramsey. No don't get me wrong it's not like they should say RAMSEY IS GREAT, but I remember when Ramsey first came on the scene and became the starter, the media liked him. Then last season with Spurrier, they pretty much blamed Spurrier's scheme for killing Ramsey, but they never once said it was Ramsey's fault. I think the signing of Mark Brunell made the media think Gibbs had no confidence in Ramsey, rather then thinking Gibbs merely wanted a veteren QB either way.

Yeah,

It is pretty weird how that happens. Ramsey has always been the man in DC for the last few seasons, it seemed after Brunnell took over and Ramsey struggles in the Giants game the media has been all over him. Funny how short there memories are, Ramsey played great down the stretch for us last season, and will continue to improve IMO with another year of starting in the NFL.

Originally posted by seanskins

Yeah,

It is pretty weird how that happens. Ramsey has always been the man in DC for the last few seasons, it seemed after Brunnell took over and Ramsey struggles in the Giants game the media has been all over him. Funny how short there memories are, Ramsey played great down the stretch for us last season, and will continue to improve IMO with another year of starting in the NFL.

The media has been hard on him ever since he had that bad game against NY. They've made him out to be a pick machine, etc. Last year they thought he was going to be a great QB. Now he's just a stopgap.

Around the Horn is mildly entertaining... until they start talking about your team that is struggling, because at that point a lot of nonsense is spewed, and you realize how stupid some people (JAY MARIOTTI) are. God, Mariotti is such a freakin dumbass. So they must be doing the same skewed coverage for everyone.

I'm hating ESPN more and more. Just a bunch of revisionists/reactionaries with limited knowledge who try to spin stuff to make sports a 24 hour hot news topic.

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

The media has been hard on him ever since he had that bad game against NY. They've made him out to be a pick machine, etc. Last year they thought he was going to be a great QB. Now he's just a stopgap.

Exactly. That's the thing that pisses me off. The first few games last year, they were all on his jock and saying he was playing like a pro bowler because....well....he was playing like a pro bowler. This year he was deemed as the guy who couldnt beat out Brunell. But at least the media was all for the switch to Ramsey this past season...

Archived