Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Jumbo who is the poster you are talking about? What is the post number in the veep thread that started this? I'd really like to know all the handles of the people position on that Facebook page

Outside of what I posted, amigo, I don't intend to say much more and won't identity anyone, though some IDing is easy enough for most folk here to do, and that's up to them (to a point). I don't think it matters who it was, fundamentally. It's the actual events that mattered. While we thought it should be posted here, i don't want to be part of any real extended discussion on it as that's not the purpose of the thread--though people commenting a reaction to any post in here has always fine if with the rules and there isn't a long conversation that starts to develop.

I'm just letting the post stand on its own. :)

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 01:40 PM ----------

seems pretty cruddy to post everyone's real names...whether others here know them or not.

Well, it is facebook, so it's hardly secret was my understanding, but I didn't do the screen shots (they were sent to e-mail) soI dunno. Isn't it pretty normal that if you post on facebook and use your name you expect others to see it? I'm not on facebook so I am not sure how that works. I'd not mind asking TK to edit out their names (he edited out the profanity) if it's really deemed appropriate. Oh, and thanks for your concern for who is offending who here in what manner, Dictator. ;)

Come to think of it, if they don't mind signing their name to their comments, why should I mind repeating such? Wondering how that should be regarded. How did you arrive at your feeling that it was a cruddy thing to do, Dictator? Maybe that would help me.

Edited by Jumbo

Well, it is facebook, so it's hardly secret was my understanding, but I didn't do the screen shots (they were sent to e-mail) soI dunno. Isn't it pretty normal that if you post on facebook and use your name you expect others to see it? I'm not on facebook so I am not sure how that works. I'd not mind asking TK to edit out their names (he edited out the profanity) if it's really deemed appropriate.

Could have at least blacked out the last names...

Wow Jumbo....wow.

That was our take when he got the stuff in e-mail and given the years of all this and the fact that it seems to be an "in thing to do."

BTW, while others on staff agreed with my take on the name thing (again, I've never done FB), I did ask for the name edits and they are happening. :)

Oh wait, I see your edit. Ok, if you think so. I sure don't, and neither did the others I bounced it off of first. If you actually read that post and took in what it said and still think that way, good enough. I think it;'s well the other way around, but to each their own. Some of our difference may stem from the fact that you have been here only a couple months, assuming you're not a dupe acct, but maybe it's just we see it really different.

Edited by Jumbo

Wow Jumbo....wow. You took this one a bit too far. (And yes, I'm aware that you most likely know that I'm involved in that Facebook post)

you were friends with HH and posted on the page? Seems strange considering you just joined a few months ago and have 16 posts. I would never have thought you were on that page.

I thought Robin was MissU? didn't i just see her posting on her recently?

Edited by Skinz4Life12

I have no issue with that at all if that's even the slightest consensus, so I will ask TK to edit for me (he's reading now) . :)

Wait.

I thought I pulled your strings? I mean I read on FB so it must be true.

For those (many I'm sure) who didn't or won't read the post---this is not to be an extended multi-member discussion. Read the post. There's a staff (meaning "more than one")-determined legit reason for it appearing here, and as my previous posts state, a few comments about it are fine and typical, but not page after page of discussion or attempts to drive such--we do it just as is normal in the thread. :)

We do have a feedback forum, too, or e-mail if you wish to say something at length or have a question. :)

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

Wow Jumbo....wow. You took this one a bit too far. (And yes, I'm aware that you most likely know that I'm involved in that Facebook post)

Sigh. Ok, and so now we are told it's you slacky, with a dupe acct. Perfect. You are exactly what I was describing in the post---a guy who had innumerable chances that we kept around way past the point of reason because we liked you and thought most of the time you meant well.

And here after being finally sent away after endless warnings and breaks, you create a dupe acct because no matter where else you post, you can't help yourself even though you think ES is going to hell.

It's weird how popular we remain, how excellent the forums are widely regarded by those without an axe to grind, and how so many folk from every other site still comes here to read and post.

And then you make the comment about me that you made. Awesome. Talk about proving a point for the other side.

I hope most folks can see what kind of behvaiors are the issue here, and what kind aren't. Best wishes, anyway, and I'm sure we'll see you again..

Edited by Jumbo

If you guys would simply READ what Jumbo laid out there, you'd get a small glimpse of just some of the **** we put up with for free to ES going for you. It shouldn't really be that hard for you to process who the clowns are in this perfect example of an 0w3nd.

For those (many I'm sure) who didn't or won't read the post---this is not to be an extended multi-member discussion. Read the post. There's a staff (meaning "more than one")-determined legit reason for it appearing here, and as my previous posts state, a few comments about it are fine and typical, but not page after page of discussion or attempts to drive such--we do it just as is normal in the thread. :)

We do have a feedback forum, too, or e-mail if you wish to say something at length or have a question. :)

All I really want to say on the matter is one thing. Why is it so difficult for people to keep from being banned? It's not such a difficult concept. Follow the rules and don't be a jerk.

The main error we make here as a staff, and we make it over and over again, is we put up with too much crap, too long, and give way too much rope too often, for little purpose.

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 02:38 PM ----------

All I really want to say on the matter is one thing. Why is it so difficult for people to keep from being banned? It's not such a difficult concept. Follow the rules and don't be a jerk.

It is amazing how many outspoken highly opinionated people with all kinds of views on all kinds of topics and of all kinds of demographics have no problems with moderators. Who'd a thunk it.

Edited by Jumbo

All the FB stuff seems a little childish.. Someone gets banned and butt hurt let them talk their crap, you know they aren't talking it here... Need to rise above. Can get frustrating at times gotta be the better man, chick, militant lesbian?

Edited by Pride