Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Love Krispy Kreme

E-Dog Night

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Fast metabolism is a boon...I can down 8 Krispy Kremes in a matter of minutes, and not gain a pound. I've been like that my entire life...sucks for you guys who gain 20 pounds with one dounut, because those things are freakin' good.

My husband is like you - fast metabolism, very slim, hardly ever gains an ounce, the bastich ;) Montilar and Ikeep threatening him that one day we will dig out his marrow, transmogrify it somehow, take it ourselves (test subjects, of course :D ) and then sell it. We'll make MEEEEEEEEEEELYUNS! :D

Seriously, he grew up in Va Beach near that Krispy Kreme on Va Beach Blvd...he and his friends would go down there and he would (and can still) down a box of the hot ones in a sitting - with a few milks too. Makes me ill to watch this.

I'm not a huge fan of them, anyway. I like DD better - Munchkins baybeee :D

Originally posted by Mickalino

I know Kurp's theory is correct, by my own experience. Not because I'm overweight, but just the opposite. All my life I was way underweight, and I literally tried EVERYTHING to gain weight, and NOTHING worked. Til finally, I discovered that a religious 6-pack of Krispy-Kremes per day, did what nothing else could do. It packed on the weight for me. Now you should see the "After" picture. I'm a healthy man, and not an undernourished, malnourished, pethetic looking skeletal heap of bones. And I have Krispy Kreme to thank. Thank you, Krispy Kreme !!

Hmmmm...I see a commercial in your future...something along the lines of Jared from Subway...but with the weight going in the opposite direction.

Krispy Kremes.. They just opened a new 38 thousand foot bakery in Fairfax last year. Moved from that tiny 14K ft. place in alexandria down to Lorton.

Bueatiful facility. So all those krispy kremes you see in the local convenience stores and supermarkets are baked daily and delivered fresh.....

Surprisingly, Shoppers donuts (if fresh) are the second best I've seen locally. Much better than dunkin donuts (at least the normal glazed ones are). And cheaper than Krispy cremes.

Nothing is more alluring than to see that "Hot Now" light on. More than once has it caused my wife and I to do a U-turn.

I am impressed at how many here can go and buy a dozen. They get me with, "would you like an extra dozen for 1/2 price?" I figure my cost per donut is cheaper if I buy the extra "hot"

donuts. :laugh:

Actually, I support KK to help keep my cardiologist in business.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Fast metabolism is a boon...I can down 8 Krispy Kremes in a matter of minutes, and not gain a pound. I've been like that my entire life...sucks for you guys who gain 20 pounds with one dounut, because those things are freakin' good.

I am the same way! That is one good aspect of being hyper. My metabolism is the same!

I have always preferred Dunkin Donuts, which is close to blasphemy down here ... only 20 miles from the origin of Krispy Kreme. Unfortunately, you can't find one anymore. The only DD in this area closed several years ago.

To me, KK is just way too sweet. They glaze almost every donut ...even those that are getting additional frosting, sprinkles, etc. It's just too much. It's like dumping a spoonful of sugar into your mouth.

Originally posted by Brave

To me, KK is just way too sweet. They glaze almost every donut ...even those that are getting additional frosting, sprinkles, etc. It's just too much. It's like dumping a spoonful of sugar into your mouth.

Simple solution, Brave.

They have a new Diet Donut.

It's called the "Diet Sugar-Coated, Glazed, Frosted, Creme-filled, Chocolate-Covered Donut. " I like mine topped with the Diet Whipped Cream.

Originally posted by Mickalino

It's called the "Diet Sugar-Coated, Glazed, Frosted, Creme-filled, Chocolate-Covered Donut. " I like mine topped with the Diet Whipped Cream.

:laugh: nice.

Perhaps the diet is that it makes you puke after ingesting, though I suppose that's more "eating disorder" than diet.

Originally posted by dks1240

dont tease me mickalino, does such a donut really exist?! if so, i want 2309482049 of them right now! i havent had a donut in AGES!

It won't hurt if you go to KK, or donut shop of choice, and

have one or two with your hot chocolate.

Go ahead, live outside the box and have a boston cream donut.

Originally posted by riggins44

It won't hurt if you go to KK, or donut shop of choice, and

have one or two with your hot chocolate.

Go ahead, live outside the box and have a boston cream donut.

growing up in a media that forces you to be thin to be hot, come on now...you know icant afford to have a donut. :laugh:

Originally posted by Renegade7

Krispy Kreme is crack cocaine in disgues. I don't care what anybody says. I get a 12 pack, it's like straight smack. I CAN'T STOP!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Don't steal Rock's material like that ;) .......

"Kripsy Kreme donuts are so good, that if you were to find out later that they had crack in them...you'd be like....I knew there was something about them donuts...."

I just moved to Prince William County and the only place that has Krispy Kreme is an Exxon. The problem with that is they don't sell strawberry milk there, which is my favorite. So I go and buy my strawberry milk at 7-11. 7-11 donuts are ok but they don't have nothing on Krispy Kreme. Therefore I go all the way to Exxon after that, stand in line again(which I hate), and buy a couple of Krispy Kreme donuts. And you know what? It's worth it. They are the smack of foods.

Originally posted by TheKurp

Some sobering facts. The average Krispy Kreme donut is 300 calories. To maintain one's weight one should not consume in excess of between 2800 - 3500 calories per day. Anything above that will contribute to weight gain. An extra 3500 calories equals 1 pound of weight gain. It takes about 1 mile of running or walking to burn 100 calories.

Assuming you eat regularly during the day and then scarf down "a dozen without blinking an eye", are you prepared to run 35 miles to negate the effect of eating 12 Krispy Kreme donuts?

So, OK, you die skinny.

Archived