Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

interesting comments from buges

afparent

Watching WRC4 with George, Sonny and Joe Bugel. Buges said he was watching film, specifically the sacks and he said that most of the time no one was open. he then said, they need to work on running discipline routes and PLAYERS NEED TO BECOME MORE DISCIPLINE.

i thought that was interesting. i don't think they are happy with our receivers.

he is praising Thrash right now so i don't think he is talking of him

says portis will get a whole lot better next year, then starts talking about how great betts played

praising jacobs right now

says Ramsey still makes 'bonehead' errors.

Buges guarantees 100% attendance for offseason workouts

Our receivers never seem open even when they catch the ball. All year (except for a few occasions) the ball had to be threaded into tight coverage in order to get the reception. Than you flip the channel and WR's are running wide open in all other games.

Hard to explain....harder to watch.

he is on comcast now

his dad passed away yesterday and he still coached..wow

says betts is the real deal

says players understand and believe in coach gibbs

says skins have tremendous locker room

excited about 2005

spend rest of the week deciding on what players to keep

I had to comment on what Joe Bugel just said on local channel 4 with Sonny and George Michael. I missed the early broadcast with Coach Gibbs. I am going to miss the Monday interviews with the two coaches.

They talked about ST and how opposing teams fear him. George asked Bugel if ST should be playing offense and Buges said, jokingly, he will be playing spot duty in the future. He said ST played has played receiver and running back in the past.

Bugel also said he talked to Jansen today and was looking forward to him coming back next year. He said that it looks like Ray Brown will be back and he hopes that Samuels will return. He gave a big thumbs up for Jansen.

He said that 100% of the receivers will participate in off-season training. He said that their top priority in the off-season is the passing game, obviously. He said the running game will take care of itself.

Generally, he talked about how 98% of the players have bought into what the coaches are trying to accomplish. He said that part of the struggles were players not doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

He also said he went back the last couple of days and looked at all the sacks the team has given up this season and many of the early sacks were because receivers were not getting open and the line had to block for 4 to 5 seconds. He also said the line needs to continue to work in the off-season to get better.

Said the owner has been great all season.

Finally, he said that Coach Gibbs wants to get it done now and not the future. He didn’t comment about any other Oline players other than to imply that they were not going to make major player changes and that they have most of the players they need to win.

Originally posted by wildbill

Our receivers never seem open even when they catch the ball. All year (except for a few occasions) the ball had to be threaded into tight coverage in order to get the reception. Than you flip the channel and WR's are running wide open in all other games.

Hard to explain....harder to watch.

Some of that is a function of Ramsey. I dont think he throws to where he sees his guy is going to be open, he waits until he is open, by the time the ball gets there the coverage is closing in. Ramsey takes too long to find his throws, too slow. Not bashing him, but its fairly apparent that he needs help making his reads on the field

From the games I attended it seemed that recievers were getting open ,but Brunell or Ramsey could not get the ball there.

Ramsey stares down recievers to often and Brunell just could not get the ball out in front of the recievers. If the routes need to be better I could not tell as a fan.

It's more of a issue with trusting the recievers to get to a spot and having the ball there, Ramsey doesn't have that skill yet and I think both Brunell and Ramsey were to scared to take a shot at times because the coach has drilled it into there heads not to cause a turnover. Gibbs has to open up a little and let the guys take more shots if this team is going to progress.

I remember hearing a lament, about 10 years ago, from some NFL personnel man, saying that coaches throughout football, at pro, college, and even High School, have been complaining that it's tough to get really good receivers, because, he says, all the kids who have the right kind of talent, want to play CB, instead.

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

Some of that is a function of Ramsey. I dont think he throws to where he sees his guy is going to be open, he waits until he is open, by the time the ball gets there the coverage is closing in. Ramsey takes too long to find his throws, too slow. Not bashing him, but its fairly apparent that he needs help making his reads on the field

And he leads the defense directly to the WR he is throwing to by watching them the who way. He doesnt know who to look people off. He has to see the play develop in his head, not with his eyes.

Lots of people are saying Ramsey stares down recievers. Some of this is true but Gibbs explained himself on his show with George on ch 4. The first read most of the time is a 3 part read in itself he said they run 3 option routes with a short portion, med portion and long portion. That says a whole lot that no one on this board takes into account.

It doesn't sound like he's holding himself very accountable. The offense was the second lowest scoring offense in the league with one of the best RB's. Only the Bears scored fewer points and that was due to Grossman getting hurt.

Thrash and Jacobs need to play more next year.

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

Watch replays of some of Favre's throws. The ball is out to a specific location before the receiver is there. Ramsey hopefully will be comfortable with his receivers if he follows form about spending time in the offseason retooling his game. He just needs continuity with some of the receivers we have (except gardner trade him). Ramsey also has to work on seeing the field better. Hopefully the o-line will improve where he has the time to go through all his reads consistantly.

Buges said he was watching film, specifically the sacks and he said that most of the time no one was open. he then said, they need to work on running discipline routes and PLAYERS NEED TO BECOME MORE DISCIPLINE.

Well other than hands, that is easily Gardner's biggest weakness. It was considered his biggest weakness when he was drafted (before earing 50/50).

Jacobs was supposed to be a good route runner.

You people are incredible. People are mad that Gibbs won't rip Brunell, yet they are also mad that Buges dares say that Ramsey makes boneheaded plays, a fact that a 6 year old can see, and Ramsey would be the first to admit.

That's right, Buges should "STFU" because he dared say something about the annointed Ramsey, Savior of the Redskins. HOW DARE HE! That CREEP! Who in the heck does he think he is?

Buges should of gone on TV and flatly said that Ramsey is the greatest, smartest, most effective QB he has ever seen.

Followed by Gibbs saying Brunell sucks.

Archived