Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell: 'It would be hard to be a backup' next season

Saqs

Originally posted by LA56Dawg

he is already a cancer on my franchise in Madden '05... i traded him to the Cardinals for a 2nd round pick :) - although i took a cap penalty of ~$5.7mil... btw i resigned Pierce and Smoot, i don't remember the figures :)

A cancer on mine as well. I traded him to Baltimore for a #2 & a #4...and I traded him the day after Washington played Baltimore...not only did I re-sign Smoot & Peirce but I signed Vinny Testaverde as Patrick's back-up and he loves being on the team.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :point2sky

Brunell should have been a back-up from the start Bless Joe but he blew this one Learn to love Patrick or find someone else to love but bite the bullet on Brunnell and tell him he will play against the defense (practice squad) in the summer

Brunell has got to be kidding :laugh:

He got his dollars, now STFU :mad:

'hard to be benched just as things were turning around'? :laugh:

Things turned around because YOU were placed on the bench!

If Brunell wants to play again somewhere else then he can rework his deal prior to a trade to make it palatable, if that is possible.

Otherwise, it's on to holding for the PATs for Brunell.

Not bad for several millions a year, eh? :)

Originally posted by dfbovey

Only way he gets taken off our hands is if we cut him. And that will be a big cap hit.

Maybe he will agree to a pay cut. Wishful thinking.

Unless he retires. If they can force him to retire, then we won't have to pay NEARLY as much.

:D

Originally posted by Akhhorus

no, he would be put on the refuse to report list and after a certain amount of time(6-8 weeks into the season) the skins would be able to recoup all the money from his contract for the season and negate the pro-rated portion of the bonus for that season. If he stays out through the whole season, the skins can void his contract and not be responsible for the bonus against the cap.

Maybe he needs to start hanging out with Ricky Williams.

Brunell sucked it up big time this year. I can hardly believe it took Gibbs 9 games to realize that he blows goat.

Brunell had 4 or 5 of the least productive games of passing this year in the history of the team. We could have had Moss and Owens as receivers and he still wouldnt have hit them.

I wonder what the coaches/players said to him in the film sessions on monday's after his starts...

It was hard watching him this yr, we just couldnt get anything going w/him in there, it's time for him to accept his role as back-up and step to the side...

Originally posted by TODD

For some reason, I don't think Gibbs is done with Brunell. Bringing in Musgrave, numerous comments about his future here, his contract... all concerning for me.

I dont know, even with Brunell and Musgrave in Jax Brunell still didnt start for them either.

Anyway, I found a team that Brunell could probably start for:

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/HAM

Archived