Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pass Catching TE for Us Next Year!!

skns4life

Chris COOOOOOOOOLEY! I know he's the Hback but why not move him to TE and get an HBack in the draft or FA which would be cheaper than a pass catching TE?? Cooley has great hands and is pretty fast...i think we should make him our TE for next year and on atleast.

i dont see why we just dont start experimenting this now...move CC to TE and put Sellars or Kowzlowski or someone at Hback...CC catches everything thrown to him and is much faster than any TE in the roster...remember that catch from Kowzlowski where he got stopped at the 1? bet you CC would have gotten there faster or flipped over the DB

Yeah but it would be nice to have a bulky TE that can do it all, block, run, catch, sort of like a Jay Novacek or Wesley Walls. I like Chris Cooley, but he does not seam like a true tight end, he sure can catch, but block? I saw him miss a few assignments - yet he is only a rookie, so I guess time will tell.

well, isnt the role of the Hback to play all sorts of positions, FB, TE, and block well? I mean, isnt he essentially used as a TE already? He does block, and he runs out to catch a bit too. I just did another pro bowl ballot, compared to other FB's, he is doing awesome, his 5 td's lead, and his 170 yards are only surpassed by the Falcons guy at 199 or something. I always just kinda view him as a TE as it were.

Mike Alstott would be a fit, but he's an injury liability, and he may want a bit of money still.

Originally posted by Mr. S

well, isnt the role of the Hback to play all sorts of positions, FB, TE, and block well? I mean, isnt he essentially used as a TE already? He does block, and he runs out to catch a bit too. I just did another pro bowl ballot, compared to other FB's, he is doing awesome, his 5 td's lead, and his 170 yards are only surpassed by the Falcons guy at 199 or something. I always just kinda view him as a TE as it were.

That's true, maybe I don't view him as a TE because of his jersey number or size. :confused:

Originally posted by skns4life

Chris COOOOOOOOOLEY! I know he's the Hback but why not move him to TE and get an HBack in the draft or FA which would be cheaper than a pass catching TE?? Cooley has great hands and is pretty fast...i think we should make him our TE for next year and on atleast.

Can't he just do both? That's what an h-back does anyway, if not blocking or moving around he's out to make a catch. Right?

Originally posted by bulldog

Most important of all, Joe Gibbs admitted on WTEM last week that not using Cooley more in the passing game in 2004 was one of the mistakes the staff has made ;)

take THAT from the horse's mouth :D

That's it. I knew it. The game has passed him by. He's at least 2 months behind. Harriet, the team is yours;)

you guys knocking his speed should know that his position isnt always about speed , he gets open and he has great hands , but he was fast enough to smoke past that giant ~ ...... and anyway as a TE / h-back u dont want him to be freakin randy moss , if he was hed be a wideout or something , i dont care how fast he is if he keeps doing what hes doing , i like him just fine

Archived