Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking ahead: How do we adjust to account for Westbrook's receiving....

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Number5

Don't matter....you can talk tuff online....but in person its something else. We all know that! What I will say is that if someone wants to smack me.....go ahead and try it. I got a couple of lead buddies for ya! :D

LOL I know what you mean. Though I'll say that owning firearms has made me more cautious and more capable of peacemaking than before. Because if you get into a fight in the street--you don't know if it's for your life and I don't want to take one unless I'm supposed to.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

of course......

I always believed westbrook is not a running back......he's a short wide receiver......He's not too much bigger than coles.....

5-10 205 v 5-11 195

Westbrook was a terrible receiver and it took to long before we cut him..........oh, you mean Brian, my bad.:puke:

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

LOL I know what you mean. Though I'll say that owning firearms has made me more cautious and more capable of peacemaking than before. Because if you get into a fight in the street--you don't know if it's for your life and I don't want to take one unless I'm supposed to.

The world is crazy.....I don't even like guns but now it seems that you just gotta have at least one with you just to walk to the store.

To stop or at least make his receiving immaterial, we need to succeed on offense, especially in the running department. Remember, the score was just 7-6 until late in the third quarter and were a dropped pass away from leading 10-7 with the ball a-10 at Philly 36 yard line. Later, trailing by just 1 score, early in the fourth, we had it first and goal. A very small improvement in our offensive production along with the fact that Griffen and Arrington will be playing should be enough.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Why do people assume everyone else on the internet is 5-7.

Art is like 6-4, 250. Tarhog is a former Marine(as are a few others here.)

You're missing the point....

Anyone who would attempt to overcompensate like that, is usually going to be on the smaller side. I imagine those two you mentioned wouldn't feel the need to puff out their chests on message boards.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

LMAO!!!!! ROFL!!! PIMFPROTFF!!!!!!!!!! yeah, westbrook is better than portis, and TO is better than Randy Moss...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :eaglesuck

I don't think anyone was saying that....but since you are laughing so hard....why don't you just believe that okay?

To be honest.......I think Westbrook will have at least 60 yrds rushing and 80 yards receiving. What do you guys think?

That sounds about right. Between Owens and Westbrook I don't think there's a way to fully shut down the Eagle pass attack. Our best hope is getting to McNabb and smacking him around like last time we played, except THIS time, we actually do something on offense too.

That's a lot to ask, though. We'll see.

Originally posted by tizzod

B I N G O

Without Lavar playing......I believe that the Eagles will use 3 to 4 wr sets with Westbrook either split out or going in motion. This will allow the Eagles to grash the Skins with the run and it will give us favorable matchups in the pass game. The bunch package is also good too because it allows OWens to pop out where ever he wants to.

Behind McNabb, Westbrook is the most valuable member of the Eagles Offense. Yes, even ahead of Owens.

Even though we gashed the Skins running the ball in the first matchup, the running game still concerns me somewhat. Scullio and Ephraim simply aren't very good Guards. Hicks and Mayberry provide the best opportunity to run the ball inside. If not, we'll be resigned to seeing Westy scatting outside on one of his either -1 yard or 11 yard runs. Never seems to be anything in between.

The Eagles, for whatever reason, didn't run screens for the first 10 games of the season. Was Andy saving another wrinkle of the offense for the end of the season and the playoffs? Who knows. All I know is Westbrook has 5 receiving TDs in the last 2 games and has admitted that he isn't back to 100 percent yet after his rib injury.

A 100 percent healthy Westbrook provides loads of problems for the Skins this weekend and for every other team hoping to slow down this offense.

The bunch package is also good too because it allows OWens to pop out where ever he wants to.

I can't of course say this is always true, but I tend to notice that in the bunch formation, the guy that pops loose is usually the guy in the 2 yard flat. Owens can have that all day.

I remember watching Westbrook when he was a rookie and telling my Dad that I sure hope he never becomes a starter. The man is dangerous.

Philly has a very explosive offense and their D has improve against the run since Trotter has been starting.

This game will be a great test to see how far along we are, and if our offense is really getting it together.

If we are really starting to click offensively, this should be a very good game.

Its on.:cheers:

I can't wait for Sunday night.

I'll take Owens 1 on 1 with most DBs any day of the week....especially if he has a head of steam.

Owens over any ONE DB? Absolutely. TO over any TANDUM? Well, we'll just see how that plays out a 2nd go 'round.

BTW, when is there ever a time that Owens DOESN'T have a head of steam? ;)

:eaglesuck

Archived