Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking ahead: How do we adjust to account for Westbrook's receiving....

NoCalMike

I think we stuffed him well enough from the line of scrimmage, but we got burned too many times by blitzing and leaving B. Westbrook open over the middle for a 3 yard completion that would turn into a 15yd gain because no one was there to tackle him. How will the defense adjust to this?

yeah he is worrying me alot... this year we are playing much much better against the TEs that used to kill us every game... but now this year it seems like those RBs coming out of the backfield are getting lost as the play develops... hopefully something will be worked out...

Westbrook brings a great deal of balance to the Eagles' offense. W/ Westbrook, McNabb, and TO, that's 3 exceptional players at their respective positions.

Honestly, the only way to stop them is to keep them off the field. In the last game, we did a good job in the first 3 quarters. But due to the anemic state of our offense, our defense just wore down.

We simply need to continue to execute as we did today; find success on the ground, keep the turnovers away, and put the ball in paydirt.

Other than that, I can think of about 92,000 other reasons why this game could be very close.

Originally posted by McNabbOwnsFedEx

You can't stop Westbrook.

Hey now! [energetic, commercial-like voice]

Welcome to my...my ignore list!

You'll find a lot of other complete idiots, just like yourself!

Hang w/ other trolls from the site, whose lives suck so bad, they seek out and troll other football teams' sites and heckle their fans.

Enjoy ****tails w/ fellow losers!!!

But hey now, don't drink too much, because it might get violent when you find out that some of your new friends are actually Cowboy fans...Giants fans...or even Raven fans...

Enjoy! :laugh:

Originally posted by psutrain

Westbrook was another solid Eagle draft pick unlike good ol Danny boy spending his way to get his ultimate fantasy team

What's with the cheap shot? Try to add something to the topic.

Anyway, I'm sure with the film of last game in Gregg's hands, we should be able to account for Westbrook a little better than last time. He sure won't have a day like he had today on us.

He's one of those all-purpose backs that we always have problems with. As always I think the real key is containing McNabb. If he scrambles we're dead. He never beats us from the pocket, its always that improvised BS that kills us. That's when he finds Westbrooke for the little 5 yard dump off that turns into 25 yards.

Originally posted by psutrain

Westbrook was another solid Eagle draft pick unlike good ol Danny boy spending his way to get his ultimate fantasy team

We already have a way to stop Westbroke,our LB core!

Since Trotter is not here to bite on the fake, we will have no problem accounting for him.:eaglesuck

His name is Marcus Washington .... You will remember that!!!

Originally posted by laurent

Easy, you hit him hard enough to make him miss the rest of the season. Just like last year.

We're not afraid of the brittle one.

Of course, the play that he got hurt he got barely brushed and put his arm down to brace his fall. The hit was nothing. And the guy who hit him is our MLB now.

Archived