Extremeskins

Should Bugel Be Fired?

radagast5

Should Lavar come back this year  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lavar come back this year

• NO, put him on IR and let him heal up for next season
    • YES, He is a team leader and we need all the help we can get

We need a center. I mean we REALLY need a center. We also need time for the offensive linemen to get use to the system because Joe Gibbs has been tampering with the running game, trying to force Portis to run up the gut like Riggins. Now, at long last he has realized what many have said. That Portis is more effective in a zone blocking scheme. So its not all Bugel, its Gibbs, its Raymer, its Jansen hurt.

By next year those 2 rookie offensive linemen will be more helpful or they will be gone. But look for another center and look for a better offensive line next year in year number 2. Bugel is great.

Originally posted by harriet

We need a center. I mean we REALLY need a center.

I think our line will be really solid next season with the return of Jansen, and as you said, a new center.

Wish we could have figured out a way to draft Jake Grove last year.

The disease here has been well-diagnosed, but the suggested treatment is simply wrong.

Problems with our offense all stem from personnel. We don't need to fire Bugel, nor should we. What we need is to offer Scott Pioli or Ron Wolf a king's ransom to take over as GM here.

The coaching staff, particularly on the defensive side, has made some excellent pickups, but the offensive side of the ball, with the exception of Cooley, has played more fantasy football. We can't blame Brunell or the Kenyatta Jones decision on Snyder, or even Cerrato (though perhaps they deserve some of the blame for the ridiculous signing bonus).

Originally posted by Bang

Dockery is young, and needs obvious work.. especially on his footwork,, when he pulls it's about as graceful as a hippo.

~Bang

I disagree, hippos are much more graceful than Dockery. Have you ever seen any of that underwater footage on Animal Planet?:laugh:

Originally posted by Isifhan

Should he be fired...after less than one season? Honestly some of the people on this board have their expectations set so high I wonder if you'll ever be happy

Agree.

Gibbs and company are trying to build this team for the long haul.

They are not trying to win it all in there first year. :doh:

That hasen't worked in the past, has it?

no he shoudl not , we have a horrible o-line , about the same as we had last year except we are missing our best linemen and hes doing a better job with it than the people form last year , give him a bit to gets his players and mold this line , stop questioning the coaches in the first year please it makes you sound like spoiled kids ....

If this was year three into the Gibbs/Bugel system, then this question would be valid. However, the middle of the offensive line Cory Raymer and Dockery are two unproven's who are not necessarily going to be on this team next season. Until Gibbs and Bugel have a chance to truly make this team theirs, then I would hold off on any "should he ber fired" threads.

Sheeeeeeeeez**! I mean really. Certainly there has been trouble with the Oline, but cripes. I mean when does it stop. For years we fans have been clammoring for stability, and then when it looks like we're going to get it, let's start some turnover within 9 games. :doh: How about we give all these folks, ( including players) a chance to settle in and make themselves comfortable before deciding to pull the chair out from underneath them, ( not like it hasn't been a long Friday already).

With all due respect dude, That's a dumb question. You must be bored. Give them a season. These are the guys who know jack sh#$!. We gave SOS and his college coaches 2 full seasons.

Sorry about the reply but we need to talk about how we are going to win games and develop some cohesiveness between our QB and wideouts. Everyone at Redskin park is auditioning.

Originally posted by SonnyRules

Does the word "BRUNELL" come to mind.

Bugel, IMHO, has not done all that bad considering he didn't have an NFL QB as a starter.

Brunell was in there because the coaches wanted him in there. Coaches make choices and that was obviously a bad one but I dont see firing anyone before the first season is over with.

Better decisions need to be made in the future though. It was obvious to almost everyone that this team really didnt need to sign Brunell in the first place. Most of their other signings were very good though, even Barrow since no one could have known he would be out all this time.

Archived