Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardee's Introduces Heart-Attack Burger

China

Hardee's Newest Menu Item: 'Monster Thickburger'

POSTED: 4:30 pm EST November 15, 2004

ST. LOUIS -- The Hardee's fast food chain has rolled out its new 1,400-calorie Monster Thickburger, with 107 grams of fat.

The sandwich boasts two one-third-pound beef patties, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese, topped with mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun.

"The result is an updated version of a classic that requires two hands, a firm grip and a serious appetite," said a statement from the restaurant.

Available in all Hardee's restaurants starting Monday, the Monster Thickburger costs $5.49. For a $7.09, it comes with fries and a soda.

An executive said it's the burger that "everyone would like to get, but not the one you get all the time."

Hardee's is a wholly-owned unit of CKE Restaurants based in Carpinteria, Calif.

Originally posted by iheartskins

I used to get Triple Whoppers in high school. But not any longer.

I used to get two McDLT's, back when they came in a split styrofoam box, keeping the hot side hot , and the cool side cool :laugh: , two large fries, a large coke and a milkshake. Then go to the ice cream shoppe for desert. In high school you can eat anything. Those were the days.

Even one Big Mac makes me ill nowadays.

well, howabout they hold the mayo and the butter on the bun..... :D

that's a girly man's burger.....here in san antonio we got a place called little hips, they actually might have just changed the name recently as they closed and reopened, but anyway....the burger there was 10" in diameter....we're talking heart attack here with 10+ strips of bacon on that bad boy and a bottle of maalox for dessert.

btw, i once tried to eat an 8 pound burrito about 8 years ago....i failed. ate about 1/2 though.....everyone was gonna eat free, so i got razzed a bit....weighed what was left on one of those produce scales at the supermarket.....that was 4 pounds so that's how i know.....it was called the King Burrito in DGreen's college town of Kingsville! :cheers:

Originally posted by Soliloquy

I used to get two McDLT's, back when they came in a split styrofoam box, keeping the hot side hot , and the cool side cool :laugh: , two large fries, a large coke and a milkshake. Then go to the ice cream shoppe for desert. In high school you can eat anything. Those were the days.

Even one Big Mac makes me ill nowadays.

I know exactly what you are talking about. In high school, soaking wet, I was 155 at 6'2". Didn't matter what I ate. Then, I went to college, started drinking went abroad and then lived in a fraternity house with a cook that put mayonaise in everything (including brownies). My skinny days of eating anything and everything are gone (sadly). :)

Archived