Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardee's Introduces Heart-Attack Burger

China

cfuj

Exactly. That moron who decided to eat nothing but the worst selections on McDonald's menu is nothing but a fast food Michael Moore.

Look, even this Hardee's burger--if you've had NOTHING TO EAT ALL DAY--it would be Ok. You know that, right? Nutritionally, if you had a big salad and had this sandwich once in a blue BLUE moon, you'd be OK.

Or did you not know that? Hell, did you know if you eat enough of a chocolate cake you'll get the same amount of fat but no nutrients(not like you'll get in meat and bread ,etc?)

Much ado about nothing. Sure, it's a lot of fat and an astounding amount of calories, but I challenge any of you to say you haven't had an entire Ben n Jerry's or maybe even half-gallon of Rocky Road one night.

Sorry, don't buy the propaganda brother. You can even smoke an OCCASIONAL cigar and be OK. It's all about how addictive your personality is and identifying your weaknesses.

I will say this, though, if you go to a Teriyaki or pho joint here in Seattle, you can get better quality food in dietary and taste terms, in only a few minutes more and often at the same price a full fast food meal would cost you.

BUt there's always room for McD's fries for me, though I haven't had them for months.

I'm sorry, but... "Monster Thickburger"?? :laugh:

My god... who on earth came up with that name, and who green lit it to be used? :laugh: That's the funniest damn name for an entree that I've heard in a long time.

Yes, excuse me. I'd like the *snicker* Monster Thick *snicker* Monster Thickburger please?

Originally posted by codeorama

The label says "less than 1500 calories!!".

:laugh: That's hilarious. "Guaranteed to be less than your recommended daily allowance!"

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

cfuj

I will say this, though, if you go to a Teriyaki or pho joint here in Seattle, you can get better quality food in dietary and taste terms, in only a few minutes more and often at the same price a full fast food meal would cost you.

Agreed, although personally I've never seen the attraction to Pho. Who needs 500 kinds of beef soup?

I'll have the beef soup...

I'll have the beef with tendon soup...

I'll have the beef with tripe soup...

I'll have the beef with tendon and tripe soup...

Anyway, maybe its just me but they all seem to taste the same.

Originally posted by China

Agreed, although personally I've never seen the attraction to Pho. Who needs 500 kinds of beef soup?

I'll have the beef soup...

I'll have the beef with tendon soup...

I'll have the beef with tripe soup...

I'll have the beef with tendon and tripe soup...

Anyway, maybe its just me but they all seem to taste the same.

Um, I've never seen the attraction to beer/wine/chocolate---who needs 1000s of kinds of beer/wine/chocolate/ice cream/football games?

Does it matter if they taste the same? There's CHICKEN and TOFU and PRAWNS dude.

Beyond that, the fact is, it's good, especially if you put all the sauces and leafs and bean sprouts and the lime spritz in it.

I don't want the tripe, I just get the beef strips in it.

Not sure how there being a lot of pho detracts from the taste of one particular bowl of it. :silly:

man guys suck it up... dont you guys have Fudruckers in your area? the home of the 2lb challange?

there, they always had 1lb and 2/3lb burgers... its just your choice if you were gonna get something smaller instead of those monsters...

i usually get the 2/3lb burger with the works, a lot of tabascco and jalapeneo peppers.... mmm mmmm good~~~

Originally posted by sjinhan

man guys suck it up... dont you guys have Fudruckers in your area? the home of the 2lb challange?

there, they always had 1lb and 2/3lb burgers... its just your choice if you were gonna get something smaller instead of those monsters...

i usually get the 2/3lb burger with the works, a lot of tabascco and jalapeneo peppers.... mmm mmmm good~~~

Never seen the 2 lb challenge, had the 1 pounder quite a few times, but usually go with the 2/3 ostrich.

Originally posted by TheKurp

People,

The lawsuit filed against McDonalds concerned the failure of the company to switch to a different oil for cooking their fries after they took out an ad campaign stating they would do such.

Kurp, I'm sure there is a lawsuit about the cooking oil, but this is the one I was talking about:

Pelman v. McDonald's Corp., 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 15202 (S.D.N.Y. 2003)

The case summary for this case states:

The juveniles were consumers who purchased and consumed the restaurants products and, as a result thereof, such consumption was allegedly a significant or substantial factor in the development of their obesity, diabetes, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol intake, and/or other detrimental and adverse health effects and/or diseases. The court held that it was well-known that fast food in general, and the restaurant's products in particular, contained high levels of cholesterol, fat, salt and sugar, and that such attributes were bad for one. The juveniles, through their parents who brought suit, therefore either knew or should have known enough of the critical facts of their injury that their claims accrued upon being injured. The juveniles vague allegations of reliance on a long-term deceptive campaign were insufficient to fulfill the reliance requirement of § 350 for otherwise unspecified advertisements. The juveniles also failed to draw an adequate causal connection between their consumption of the restaurant's food and their alleged injuries. The amended complaint did not specify how often the plaintiffs ate at restaurant.

Originally posted by SkinsBry

I'll have to give that bad boy a shot. Hardee's is not my favorite burger "pattie" but I can eat it. Wendy's is what I prefer unless I'm down south in which it would be Sonic. My favorite of all is Whattaburger which can be found in Texas.

You should go to Southern Cal or Arizona and get In'n'Out Burger. Best 'fast food' burgers out there.

Originally posted by SkinsBry

I'll have to give that bad boy a shot. Hardee's is not my favorite burger "pattie" but I can eat it. Wendy's is what I prefer unless I'm down south in which it would be Sonic. My favorite of all is Whattaburger which can be found in Texas.

We Loooooooovvvvee Sonic here. Hell we're the National headquarters. lol. Sonic's Burgers aren't that big tho. Do you guys think this monster burger will spark a semi-trend amongst fast food chains?

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by BG

I got cha burger right here:

Denny's Beer Barel Pub in Clearfield, PA.

Apparently a 19 year-old, 100 pound woman just ate one:

College Student Downs Six-Pound Burger At Pa. Pub

Woman Saw Burger On TV Show

POSTED: 7:57 am EST January 17, 2005

CLEARFIELD, Pa. -- A New Jersey woman eats her way to a special honor.

Kate Stelnick -- a 19-year-old college student who weighs 100 pounds -- has become the first person to meet the Denny's Beer Barrel Pub challenge.

She ate the restaurant's six-pound hamburger -- and five pounds of fixins' -- within three hours.

Stelnick, a Princeton resident, made the five-hour drive to the Pennsylvania restaurant with two friends from The College of New Jersey on Wednesday.

They decided to go after seeing pictures of the monster burger, dubbed the Ye Old 96er, on the Internet and on TV's Food Network.

Stelnick, who didn't eat for two days to prepare for the challenge, says she felt "very full'' after downing the food in two hours and 54 minutes.

Archived