Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTEM: We will keep 1 RB from Sultan, Rock, and Simon

jbooma

I'd think Rock or simon. I'd have to go with simon based on what I've seen of them so far. He seems like the biggest threat coming out of the backfield. And he can do kick returns. I'll have to watch st's closely tonight as that will probably decide it.

I really like Simon. He actually got some carries in the Seattle game last year and looked good. But for some reason the Ol' Ballcoach stopped running him.

Sultan to the practice squad. I think Simon and Rock is still too close to call.

It's kind of tough to call.

If that's the choice, it means Betts has made it. That means he's your short yardage back. I love Rock, but I love him as a 230 pound fullback and part time runner. I don't like him as a 210 pound halfback.

I think you have to cut Rock and then you all can make fun of Vinny for never getting a late round pick to work out :).

Between Sultan and Simon my guess is we keep Simon for his superior special teams skills -- presumably -- and we see if we can sneak Sultan through on the practice squad one more year.

Rock, best blocker IMO.

I don't know what games you've been watching... but you haven't been watching much of the Redskin games or reading the TC reports. Rock is the worst blocker out of all of them..... and it's not due to heart or work ethic either. It's due to his size.. he gets enveloped by larger linebackers and D-lineman.

My pick is Simon... best all around runningback out of the three. Runs well, pass catches well.... blocks well... plays Special Teams... gritty work hard type guy. Rock, regardless of the cindarella story... has his limitations. It's time to throw away the slipper.

Sultan to practice squad.

I think they love Rock. I don't think they'll cut him.

I think this is really about Betts, Simon, and Sultan - i.e., is Betts durable enough that he can perform well tonight? Is Simon a better option as a backup, since he's more versatile and can play special teams? Could Sultan step in if Portis went down?

My guess is that Sultan is cut, Rock and Betts make the team, and Simon is carried only if they cut down to 5 wideouts (likely), meaning Russell is cut.

BD

Wow, Betts has even played this year and he is a lock to make it...

Well if that is the case no need for him to play tonight and risk further injury, right? Not like he is playing for his job???

So if those three are fighting for a roster spot, I guess we will see them tonight and not to much of betts...

I am not saying there wrong, but can anyone tell me the last time 980 got leaked info. before it became official news? I know they are our Local Redskin Radio...

Simon is the most versatile of the three, but frankly none of them have done anything to write home about.

Sultan has a 3.7 rushing avg; Simon 3.4 and the Rock 3.0. :doh:

Simon is a decent pass receiver; the Rock is average and Sultan is below average. None of them are great pass blockers. The Rock is the best special teamer of the three (on coverage teams), but nothing special.

I think Gibbs will keep the Rock because he is a "Joe Gibbs" type player, which he is always looking for. Sultan goes on the PS, although he will probably be claimed by some team like Miami or the Raiders who are always looking for speed.

I love Rock, but I think he's out.

I agree with Art - I like him as a fireplug fullback, but he's been a mediocre RB.

Simon looked good catching balls downfield and showed good patience and vision running the ball.

Coach said it would come down to who plays best on Teams. I think Simon gets the nod. :(

Archived