Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) ***BREAKING NEWS!!!*** Cowboys release QB Quincy Carter!!!!

NoCalMike

I am listening to Rome, and he just said the Cowboys are reporting that Quincy Carter is being released.........

Now, I didn't figure he would be starting, but I also didn't figure either of the other 2 guys were good enough at this point to be able to unload Carter from the roster completely........more to come I am sure........

KTCK 1310 "The Ticket" in Dallas is reporting live from Cowboy's camp in Oxnard California. Apparently, Quincy Carter is AWOL from training camp. They stated that this is not injury related, and that the Cowboys would be nmaking an "official" statement regarding Carter following practice. Cowboy's beat reporter Micky Spagnola compared the situation to that of Tony Banks three years ago where Banks was absent from practice and it was announced after practice that he had been cut. This comes on the heels of unanimous opinions that Drew Henson has been the best QB in camp thus far.

Interesting...

I thought the same thing Wally G. Tom - is Dayne really going to produce this year (and be given the opportunity) or should we expect more of the same? Looking for some fantasy tidbits...

Here is the latest in QC...KTCK 1310 "The Ticket" in Dallas is reporting live from Cowboy's camp in Oxnard California. Apparently, Quincy Carter is AWOL from training camp. They stated that this is not injury related, and that the Cowboys would be nmaking an "official" statement regarding Carter following practice. Cowboy's beat reporter Micky Spagnola compared the situation to that of Tony Banks three years ago where Banks was absent from practice and it was announced after practice that he had been cut. This comes on the heels of unanimous opinions that Drew Henson has been the best QB in camp thus far.

I guess they've decided to go with Henson all the way. My guess is that they'll have Testaverde mentor him for at least a year. Their QB situation didn't scare me when Quincy was there, nor does it scare me now. We showed old man Testaverde what we could do to him last season... :)

LOL

He may not have been great, but he provided the Cowboys with a double threat. The rookie Henson will not perform well his first year. Any Cowboy fan who thinks he will is delusional. And Vinny is really just wful at this point in his career.

The Cowboys are setting themselves up for a very mediocre season.

Archived