Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) ***BREAKING NEWS!!!*** Cowboys release QB Quincy Carter!!!!

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

Here's an AP photo and caption:

0805carter.jpg

"Quincy Carter left the Cowboys' training camp complex early Wednesday morning."

Maybe it's just me, but if my career just hit the wall because of my stupidity, I doubt I'd exit the building in headphones.

:doh:

he looks a bit strung out in that shot or perhaps he has :cannibas: on his mind..

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Sigh. Guy's looking at probable start this year. Showed some improvement in his game last year and though I wasn't sold on him yet, this is a sad turn of events. If indeed true, how the hell dumb is that? :doh: What a waste. Always is.

It really is a waste, in spite of my earlier post. I don't believe that he was their answer at QB, but there are only 32 Starting QB jobs in the NFL. Only so many people get the chance that Carter had.

And, even though I really don't like him, Parcells was doing good things with Carter.

We all have things to lose. So not even counting the health risks, fooling around with illegal drugs is stupid for anyone.

But a high profile person like that should know better.

Originally posted by TheDane

I'm probably in the minority here, but this news disapppoints me. It's tough to see a promising - admit it guys, Carter did show some promise - young QB flail like this. I hope he recovers and kicks his problem, whatever that problem may be.

That being said... beat Dallas.

Agreed, and to think they put up with all of Irvins' extra

hobbies.. Very Wierd... But again, good for the skins.

Yea, definitely a wierd situation. I mean we're talking about a guy who supposedly commits his 2nd violation....and you outright cut him? I could see if it was coming from a no non-sense coach (like Gibbs)...but Parcells ignored LT's binges when he coached the Giants...Jerry didn't seem to mind Irvin's lack of better judgement...

...odd...

...just seems like there will be more to the story.

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

Yea, definitely a wierd situation. I mean we're talking about a guy who supposedly commits his 2nd violation....and you outright cut him? I could see if it was coming from a no non-sense coach (like Gibbs)...but Parcells ignored LT's binges when he coached the Giants...Jerry didn't seem to mind Irvin's lack of better judgement...

...odd...

...just seems like there will be more to the story.

LT and Irvin had skills,I am one cowboy fan glad to see him go.:wewantd: Looking forward to playing with a above average QB for once.;)

Originally posted by twa

LT and Irvin had skills,I am one cowboy fan glad to see him go.:wewantd: Looking forward to playing with a above average QB for once.;)

It's a little late in the game to be finding even an average QB now and I'm not sure you have one on your roster. I'm thinking that this will hurt more than you're inclined to believe.

This is the biggest surprise in one way since I would never expect the Cowboys to cut a player who routinely beats the Skins. On the other hand he tested positive for cocaine which is not surprising. This was supposedly his second positive test which meant that the NFL was going to suspend him through preseason.

Archived