Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) ***BREAKING NEWS!!!*** Cowboys release QB Quincy Carter!!!!

NoCalMike

Now they're reporting it was definitely cocaine - it had to be something serious like that. This is a costly message to send to the team, although a necessary one. Have to wonder what Parcells would have done with Irvin and Nate Newton...

Wonder if Peter Queen is still predicting an 11-5 season for them? :)

Wow...even the fiercest Cowboy apologists have to question the QB position going into the season now...a guy who will be 41 in November vs a guy who hasnt picked up a football in 5 years...oh...and Tony Romo sits to pee...wow...it's like shopping in the damaged goods section of the grocery store....

Originally posted by JKS1414

Looking forward to Monday Night September 27th already!!!! Vinny didn't have much for us last year in the opener, so I'll be looking for a nice blow out as the Boys start 0-3!!!

And I'm going to be at that game!!!

Well I have to post a reply, even this late in the game. Regardless of whether Vinnie does better then QC, they lost an option. It is definitely a blow to the 'girls this close to the start of the season, and I'm not shedding a tear!!

I am deeply saddened by this whole turn of events [snicker].

It is reaaly a shame when a person of Quincy [snicker] Carter's stature is lured by illegal [chortle] drugs. Quincy was a role model for the young people of Dallas [stifled laugh].

Guest masterc74

well now "the boys" are down to a guy who quits when baseball gets to hard and a guy that needs a walker.

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c

I just heard in on the Steve Czaban Show on Fox Sports during my drive home from work.

Looks like Quincy wanted to be just like Mike, Irvin that is! :laugh:

:dallasuck

I hate the Cowboys, I hate em, I hate em, I hate em!!!!! :cuss:

I'm probably in the minority here, but this news disapppoints me. It's tough to see a promising - admit it guys, Carter did show some promise - young QB flail like this. I hope he recovers and kicks his problem, whatever that problem may be.

That being said... beat Dallas.

Sigh. Guy's looking at probable start this year. Showed some improvement in his game last year and though I wasn't sold on him yet, this is a sad turn of events. If indeed true, how the hell dumb is that? :doh: What a waste. Always is.

Fox Sports is reporting that this is only his second violation, which is only a 4-game fine with no suspension. So this is totally optional on the part of the Pokes. Maybe it was because he stunk, but you'd think over the offseason if they wanted to be rid of him they'd just do it, no excuse needed. Perhaps we need to <gag> give Jones and Parcells some credit, even if everybody knows if Quincy's last name was Manning they'd never fire him over this.

Over Vinny's long career, Parcells has been the only guy to somehow pull NFL-caliber play out of him. He's old, he's slow, and even as a young guy he never was too bright. But Parcells somehow made a QB out of him.

Originally posted by TheDane

I'm probably in the minority here, but this news disapppoints me. It's tough to see a promising - admit it guys, Carter did show some promise - young QB flail like this. I hope he recovers and kicks his problem, whatever that problem may be.

That being said... beat Dallas.

Hell, I posted a couple of days ago that Quincy Carter would throw more TD's than INT's. I thought he showed some promise and believed under Parcells for a second year he would be better.

:doh: :gus: :bong: :cannibas:

Archived