Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) ***BREAKING NEWS!!!*** Cowboys release QB Quincy Carter!!!!

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Cskin

Wow... I'm shocked!!!

Additionally, this must mean Henson has really impressed the staff.... which is disappointing. Watch the Cowpukes luck out and find the next Troy Aikman in Drew Henson. :doh:

nah, there is something else, Parcells even said yesterday Quincy was doing the best and is the man, something happened that doesn't involve football

I hope he is ok.

The press conference is at 2:30

There has to be a lot more to this story than routine QB competition. Something personal, maybe drugs, who knows. You just don't cut a QB this early in training camp. No team does that, plus you need a minimum of 3 QBs anyway. Something aint right. If anyone sees any more on TV, please post immediately. I will be checking the websites throughout the day.

Originally posted by Rocky21

This is bad news for the Redskins Faithful. Nothing gives you hope of a victory like seeing Quincy Carter trotting onto the field. :laugh:

and how many times have we beaten a Quincy led Cowboys team? :doh:

Its fun to make fun of them when things make no sense for them but it also throws it back in our face that no matter how bad he or any other Cowboy sucked, we sucked worse.

This year is different though. Gibbs and Williams will have our team ready to play this year. I would like to see a 10 game winning streak against the Boys for our side starting in week 3.

The whole Parcells things is kind of tough to understand sometimes. Passing on Kevin Jones and Stephen Jackson in the draft for Julius Jones. Having Antonio Bryant fight you in front of the team and KEEP him on the team. Sign Eddie George but Parcells doesn't show for the press conference. Trading for Meshwan.

Obviously Tuna has been successful in his career, but it's hard to understand why he does what he does - unlike our man where everything makes sense from a philosophical standpoint based on things that Gibbs clearly states our his objectives.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7550087

Cowboys starting QB Carter not in camp Wednesday

Aug. 4, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

OXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter wasn't at practice Wednesday morning, and the team had no immediate explanation for his absence.

Carter, who started all 16 games last season, came to camp expecting to be the starter again.

The other quarterbacks in camp are 40-year-old Vinny Testaverde, who is reunited with Dallas coach Bill Parcells, rookie Drew Henson and unproven second-year player Tony Romo sits to pee.

Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones declined to comment on Carter, as did spokesman Rich Dalrymple. Carter's agent, Eugene Parker, did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

The Cowboys went 10-6 with Carter starting and got back in the playoffs in Parcells' first year in Dallas.

In his first season as the full-time starter -- after splitting the first two seasons -- Carter threw for 3,302 yards, but had 21 interceptions and 17 touchdowns. He was intercepted at least twice six times.

The Cowboys signed linebacker Ryan Fowler, who practiced Wednesday morning. Fowler puts the Cowboys one player over the active roster limit, meaning the team would have had to have made another move before his signing.

The Cowboys have not announced any other roster moves.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

This is making OUR Front Office and Coaches Look like GENIUSES ! Which they Are of Course...Picking up BRUNNEL is Turning into a GREAT Move....... this Just Amplifies it !

The Cowgoyl's will be Regretting this move....Henson will be Playing by Week 6........lolololololol

Ryan Faller has been signed (i think that is how you spell it)

So they have Vinny, Drew, Romo sits to pee, and this new guy, sucks to be a Cowboy fan today. :wewantd:

edit - they signed him to get the number of players needed, he is a lb not a qb

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

This is an interesting turn of events.

Man, that's no joke Tom. How very odd, haven't heard of anything going on in their camp stating that he was upset or anything....

I think the pressure of seeing Gibbs on the opposing sideline has already gotten into Parcells' head. :point2sky

Skins0128 Stated ......Early word from the Cowboy faithful is that it a substance abuse violation, number 3 for him. He will be suspended.

How STUPID can People Be ????

I'm ALWAYS amazed at the STUPIDITY........I can't handle the Pressure.....I think I"ll Smoke Something.....or Just Snort it...or...or.....OR !.......

Originally posted by Flowtrain

Incidentally, Vincenzo's now got a shot to retire top 5 all time in completions, attempts and yards.

Man, is this true?!? Guess if you hang around long enough, you can pile up all sorts of stats....guess that says something for Vinny's staying power.

Originally posted by Sknzfan

Skins0128 Stated ......Early word from the Cowboy faithful is that it a substance abuse violation, number 3 for him. He will be suspended.

How STUPID can People Be ????

I'm ALWAYS amazed at the STUPIDITY........I can't handle the Pressure.....I think I"ll Smoke Something.....or Just Snort it...or...or.....OR !.......

Anyone know the best cowboy discussion board like extremeskins.com. If they are anything like us, they would know the inside scoop.

Archived