Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lakers lose game one.

skinsfanjoe

First off, I'm a serious Laker hater. It goes back to the mid 80's and their rivalry with the Celtics. I'm a big time Celtic fan. That being said, How bout them Pistions? Defense wins championships and D-towns defense was killer tonight. I still say Pistons in seven but if they keep playing D the way they did tonight this series won't go six.

They realize that Shaq and Kobe are going to score, so they played them man to man and took away the passing lanes which usually lead to wide open threes by guys like Fischer, Payton, and Rush, and Malone couldn't do a thing either.

Some people say the Pistons are boring but I say there intense defense MAKES teams boring.

Great job by the Pistons. Old Phil Jackson was totally outcoached by Larry Brown. Rasheed Wallace played just 8 minutes in the first half, and Rip Hamilton had a bad game scoring only 13 points, but the Pistons still managed to pull out the 12 point victory at Staples.

I also don't like the Lakers and it's amusing to watch the Pistons with all of their ex-Wizards (both Wallaces and Hamilton, all starters, plus DHam, did I miss anyone?) play well.

Still, the reality is, even after a good win for the Pistons, that the Lakers have to be favored. If I were betting right now, I'd say Lakers in 6. One good piece of news for the Pistons is that Fish appears to be hurt. That could be big, if Chauncey hits his shots (that can be a big if), and if Hunter can make a few- particularly important if Rip continues to struggle.

The Pistons have a chance, and I'm rooting for them, but I think the Lakers kind of took this game off, as they have often done. Who knows, though, this one may bite them. They're facing a very well-coached team which could have just enough to beat them.

I'm not sure that the Lakers did took this game off, knowing how important game ones are, and that they now lose home court advantage. I think the in-your-face defense of the Pistons just took the Lakers out of their rythym.

I don't think that the lakers took the game off. Malone and payton were just not able to score. I think Kobe had it right when he went into the game at the half, this game is all about sending out feelers. MAlone needs to step it up, and so does payton. Time to see how bad these guys really wanted it.

The lakers are clearly the favorites, and I am rooting for them, but the pistons won't make it easy. Lakers in 6.

It looked like the Lakers didn't come to play like many other games this year. No energy and no desire the Pistons played harder then them. Tuesday the Lakers wont even look like the same team. The Lakers play when they want to play it's hard being a fan. They will win the Championship but they are a perfect example of todays SPOILED athletes. The Lakers do not play hard every game and you see it in their eyes. When the games start they remind me of the Redskins(under SS and Norv) where you know they're going to lose in the 1st qtr.

THe game shouldn't have been that close take away the Piston turnovers and easy baskets missed should have made this a huge rout.

I dont think it will be that easy for the Lakers unless you count on Wallace playing 8 minutes again and Rip Hamilton having another poor shooting night.

The Pistons are younger and work their tail off on defense and the Lakers aren't the Pacers on the defensive side so they cant match defense with defense.

Pistons showed the lakers main problem, age. Detroit is young and athletic, the lakers are old and washed up players. If it wasn't for the turnovers the Pistons would have won by 20+.

I see the Pistons similar to the Spurs, except they have 4 guys who can score, the Spurs have one. Going into this series I thought the way to beat the lakers is let Kobe and Shaq get 60 and shut down everyone else, seems like Larry Brown was reading my mind :)

The Lakers have to dump the triangle if they have a chance to win. A lot of people were saying it is similar when Philly won game 1, sorry but they are so wrong. Philly won that game by a lucky shot, the Pistons just totally dominated the aging, helpless lakers.

Fisher and Payton can not guard Billups, and Malone is no match for Wallace.

Pistons in 6 :cheers:

Go Midwest Wizards :laugh:

PS I didn't know the lakers only had 2 players :D

Originally posted by SkinsNumberOne

I also don't like the Lakers and it's amusing to watch the Pistons with all of their ex-Wizards (both Wallaces and Hamilton, all starters, plus DHam, did I miss anyone?) play well.

Amusing? As a Wizturds fan, it nearly makes me suicidal... :(

Originally posted by monkey66

Amusing? As a Wizturds fan, it nearly makes me suicidal... :(

Yeah, I'm a Wizards fan too... look on the bright side, if they hadn't gotten rid of all those guys, then we might not have enough space for all the Terps in the NBA...

I think you know what my coping mechanism is...

Phil Jackson can't carry Larry Brown's jock. Phil has won title after title -- but with teams stocked with Hall of famers. Larry Brown wins with anybody -- hell, he took the sixers to the dance with Iverson and four ten-day-contract guys.

Originally posted by afparent

I think the Motown Wizards are for real. they have a good coach and basically role players who know their responsibilities. I see an upset brewing!!!!

I just got one thing to say:

Wooooooohooooooooo GO PISTONS!!!!!!!

:point2sky :point2sky

------------------------------------------------------

RIP Reagan

Originally posted by SkinsNumberOne

Yeah, I'm a Wizards fan too... look on the bright side, if they hadn't gotten rid of all those guys, then we might not have enough space for all the Terps in the NBA...

:laugh: I guess at least Juan got a good payday...

Originally posted by jbooma

Pistons showed the lakers main problem, age. Detroit is young and athletic, the lakers are old and washed up players. If it wasn't for the turnovers the Pistons would have won by 20+.

I see the Pistons similar to the Spurs, except they have 4 guys who can score, the Spurs have one. Going into this series I thought the way to beat the lakers is let Kobe and Shaq get 60 and shut down everyone else, seems like Larry Brown was reading my mind :)

The Lakers have to dump the triangle if they have a chance to win. A lot of people were saying it is similar when Philly won game 1, sorry but they are so wrong. Philly won that game by a lucky shot, the Pistons just totally dominated the aging, helpless lakers.

Fisher and Payton can not guard Billups, and Malone is no match for Wallace.

Pistons in 6 :cheers:

Go Midwest Wizards :laugh:

PS I didn't know the lakers only had 2 players :D

I agree, let Kobe and Shaq score 60 point and shut down all those 3 point shooters and the Pistons can win. Larry Brown is a hall of Famer coach and it look like he have a good game plan for the Lakers......... Pistons in 7

As a Pistons fan it was exciting just to see the team go out there and win some respect. But...My gut tells me while Payton and Malone won't be world beaters, they will certainely be more effective in the next few games than they were in game 1.

Detroit is taking a simliar approach to the way they played all the way back in 80's & 90's when they beat the Bulls. They let Jordan get his points and beat the rest of the team. Tougher job to do with LA, since you have to let 2 guys pretty much go....

I love teams in all sports that play defense...and show real work ethic. Detroit does that. So regardless of the outcome of this thing....I'm proud of them.

its the media hype jinx. no one gave the pistons a chance. sports writers were already comparing phil to red, and assuming that phil would pass him with his 10'th ring. although he didn't have a great game i think it is RIP's destiny to be the most slept on player of all time. When he won the national title Uconn was supposed to get blown out by duke, and he single handedly destroyed coach K's team. look for Rip to add the next chapter to his legacy.

What gives me hope of an upset is the Motown Wizards didn't play over their heads or one person shot the lights out. they played their basic brand of ball. If someone on the Pistons gets hot, then it is all over....biggest upset since the Warriors beat the Bullets

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

I agree that the Lakers will probably circle the wagons. I think they'll win a couple games but I really believe Detroit will win the series. And that would make me happy...Karl Malone irritates me.

Karl Malone is a dirty player --- did you see the elbow he gave that guy in the Minnesota series? He really should have been suspended one game for that if you ask me.

Archived