Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lakers lose game one.

skinsfanjoe

This proves that NBA players are sorry non scoring , no offensive skills having , wanna be all flashy players.

Its not that pistons are a good defensive team, its just that lakers are full of awful offensive players. NBA has nothing but pathetic players. The shots they take, the wide open shots they miss... its no suprise that the entire leagues shooting % is at its lowest.

It is just sad.

sure kobe had 25 pts but he was 10-27. kobes career shooting% is like 42%

that is pathetic for somebody that is considered a super star in the NBA. tmac, carter, iverson(LOL) all these guys shoot around 40-45%.

Look at the real former NBA players. Bird shot 50%, MJ shot 50%, Magic shot 49%, kareem, mchale worthy... list goes on and on. these were the real skilled offensive players that could score on anybody or any team.

Originally posted by Hooper

Phil Jackson can't carry Larry Brown's jock. Phil has won title after title -- but with teams stocked with Hall of famers. Larry Brown wins with anybody -- hell, he took the sixers to the dance with Iverson and four ten-day-contract guys.

Larry brown is weak. he aint all that. Brown took the sixers to the finals but the sixers were the best team in the eastern conference that yr. How pathetic eastern conference was back then and still is. anybody can win the east.

Originally posted by skinsfanforlife

This proves that NBA players are sorry non scoring , no offensive skills having , wanna be all flashy players.

Its not that pistons are a good defensive team, its just that lakers are full of awful offensive players. NBA has nothing but pathetic players. The shots they take, the wide open shots they miss... its no suprise that the entire leagues shooting % is at its lowest.

It is just sad.

sure kobe had 25 pts but he was 10-27. kobes career shooting% is like 42%

that is pathetic for somebody that is considered a super star in the NBA. tmac, carter, iverson(LOL) all these guys shoot around 40-45%.

Look at the real former NBA players. Bird shot 50%, MJ shot 50%, Magic shot 49%, kareem, mchale worthy... list goes on and on. these were the real skilled offensive players that could score on anybody or any team.

Game one of a seven game series proves nothing. And you know...teams had tough shot percentages against an older Detroit team during its last run to the playoffs in 1988-1990.

Team defense is just as hard to play as team offense. And sometimes missing the "open" shots are a result of being worked really hard to get open....

Detroit's not the greatest defensive team ever....but you can not simply discredit their defense entirely.

You Haters can say and think what you want to. The Lakers need to have their backs against the wall to play hard. The Spurs were Champs and up 2 games and couldn't beat this team. The Lakers are a team that you love or hate. Our parade will go on as promised party time after game 6. Feel good about the Pistons and pray for a miracle. Please remember one game does not a series make (this aint football). You have to lose 4 games to lose and the Pistons wont beat the Lakers 4 out of 7 no matter what you think.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I watched the US womens soccer team tie Japan 1-1 yesterday, and Im certain it was more exciting than the NBA.

The playoffs have been going on for 6 months already.

pfft I watched Chile v Brazil end in a 1-1 tie. Chile was robbed of a penalty kick and hit the post twice.

I want to know what the heck happened to the DC United game on ESPN2 this weekend. PArt way into the first half, they went to a breaking news story...turned out to be a womens basketball game....they never came back (atleast for the 20 min I left on the tv). They just said the game would be shown in its entirety at 11pm. Grrrr. Worst part, nothing seemed very special about the basketball game to warrant interupting a good soccer match. Of course, seeing the first part of the game and the final score, maybe I'm happy I missed therest of the game.

Don't know if a lot of you have heard this but after Larry Brown last to the Lakers with Philly he said that if he ever got another shot at LA he would know how to beat them, well if game one is evidence he might be right.

Archived