Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which DE will we be getting?

NVskinsfan

No. We're not.

I don't think there is an expected June 1st casualty at that position that isn't either over the hill or camp fodder. Ironically, I think the best defenseman being released before camp will be Trotter - and some of the folks at ESPN (as per sportscenter tonight) agree with me.

Seems like the same situation as last year for the D-Line, we will be watching the wavier wire for below average D-Line man in hopes that they will turn into the next D.Manley or Dave Butz.

Lets just hope that what we have right now can stay healthy.

Arizona released a 25 year old, 6'2", 339 lb D-lineman today... forgot his name though.

i wouldnt mind picking him up for a minimum if there is no one else available and sticking his 339 lb butt in the middle and see if Gibbs can develope him... he was a 4th rounder,,, either that or get Lesner ;o)

Originally posted by MonkEd

Personally I don't see the need to go rushing out to get another fill-in player, since we have enough of those as is.

I totally agree. But we all know Snyder's trigger finger is itching something awful right now. I have no doubt this is a test for Joe to prove he can work within the cap. He knows all he has to do is point at a guy and Snyder will rev up the jet. But for the love of God we're set. And don't give away anymore draft picks. Please.:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Originally posted by GoDannyBoy

He hasn't signed anybody in a month or two. Although we are going to sign another TE tomorrow!

Yeah I know and check your calender cause today's June 1st. You know the day a lot of players get released by their respective teals and become available to trigger happy, overpaying owners.

I think the skins should pick up a body but nothing heavy in terms of cap hit. We should look to next year's draft to develop a new nucleus for our D-line. The nucleus of our secondary is set with Smoot, Taylor, Springs (provided healthy) and Harris. Depending on how our pick looks like in relation to the talent pool, we should either trade the 1st rounder for 2nds and 3rds or draft a stud. In 3 years, we could have a Panthers D-line with a Chiefs Offense!

From a player personnel standpoint, what do you hope the Redskins do post-June 1?

71.3%

Pick up a defensive lineman

11.6%

Acquire more depth on offense

11.2%

Stand pat--we're set!

5.9%

Look for help on special teams

Total Votes: 4877

This came from Redskins.com. We need some D-line help period. As a team the Skins last yr. had 27 sacks total. Thats hideous. The only moves they've made as far as I'm concerned is Daniels and Griffin. Based on how much they've given Griffin I guess he's supposed to be an immediate impact. I don't think so. That said. They better pick someone up.

Here is an updated vote total (with .1 shifting from adding a "D-lineman" to "standing pat")

From a player personnel standpoint, what do you hope the Redskins do post-June 1?

71.2%

Pick up a defensive lineman

11.6%

Acquire more depth on offense

11.3%

Stand pat--we're set!

5.9%

Look for help on special teams

Total Votes: 5170

Despite the fact that there may not be anyone good on the market any more, more people should vote for picking up a defensive lineman to send the message that we are disappointed with the offseason efforts at that area!

People sure make some silly posts.

Vote and send a message to Gibbs and his staff that you aren't happy with what they've done on the D-Line???

There is a reason Gibbs is coaching the Washington Redskins and you are sitting on your a$$ in front of a computer and at a message board.

Gibbs has won three Super Bowls and is a Hall of Fame coach. YOU and I are not.

I think he knows what he is doing. He doesn't need any messages or advice from us.

Please try and keep that level of rational intelligence in mind the next time you post. :)

Originally posted by SkinsGuy

Vote and send a message to Gibbs and his staff that you aren't happy with what they've done on the D-Line???

There is a reason Gibbs is coaching the Washington Redskins and you are sitting on your a$$ in front of a computer and at a message board.

I think he knows what he is doing. He doesn't need any messages or advice from us.

Please try and keep that level of rational intelligence in mind the next time you post. :)

Then is there a reason why you are posting?

If none of this matters, why are we here? I know that Gibbs doesnt reasd this and say "damn good idea Oldskool had there, I think ill use it!".

The fact of the matter is, people are here to voice their opinions and concerns and love for their team. Not to be told how to post their opinions, concerns and love or their team.

Wow, skinsguy. You done with him or does monarch34 deserve more of a beating?

I agree that Coach Gibbs knows what he's doing, but I'm sure even HE would like to have better personnel on the defensive line. He was in such a hurry to sign Mark Brunell that he left his hands tied in that area.

I'm sure Gruffin and Daniels will be an improvement, though and we have a new defensive coordinator who will install a better system, helping our d-line I'm sure.

Originally posted by SkinsGuy

Having an opinion that the D-line needs improvement isn't silly but rather a fact. It does need improving. And this message board is for everyone to give their opinion. One could reason why do we all voice opinions on these message boards because Gibbs and his staff know what their doing. And you're correct Gibbs has done alot in the past but there is a different method as to how things are done now. I have no problem with Gibbs when it comes to his X's and O's for game planning and on the field adjustments. I do however have to question his administrative skills because he didn't put those Superbowl teams together. He coached them. There's a difference. I and everyone else saw that D-line last yr. and how horrendous it was. I read where people say a scheme will make up for what that line can't do. I think you can hide 1 person's inabilities but not a whole d-line. One person said that if the offense will give the D more rest. Thats the only way I feel this Defense might improve. But I just don't want to see players not playing their assignments again because their running up taking bad angles and trying to make up for this piss poor front four.

Archived