Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CICADA INVASION!!!

Dallsux

Originally posted by ntotoro

I see someone else with a vowel at the end of his last name and he's driving a Firechicken. Only thing wrong is a Va 30-day tag instead of a NJ tag... ;)

Just busting cazzis, man... :cheers:

Nick

:laugh: My last name is far worse than Rizzo :D Anyhow, I bought it from CarMax, it was originally in NC and I had it shipped to VA and picked it up there, it has MD plates now ;)

Originally posted by NavyDave

What was the swarm of bugs I encountered in Florida if they weren cicadas

They're what we call "Welcome to Florida and Get the Hell Used to Them Because They're Everywhere ALL THE TIME" Bugs. It's not one of those 17 year things. It's just one of those daily reminders that Florida's founders were assholes for bringing civilization to a giant swamp.

Originally posted by StevieInferior

In reston this AM outside my house, there were about 40-50 in the bushes by my house. Some had even shed their skin and become adults. About 5 days after they shed their skin sis when they stat making the noise as they start to look for a mate.

Steve where in reston are you? I live there as well and haven't seen one of those little buggers yet :logo: :helmet:

Originally posted by RedskinsFanInTX

Sorry jbooma, that award goes to Zen-like Todd

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53886&highlight=CICADA

Redskins don't want to point something very plain to see but mine was dated March 13th his was the 15th, so unless you know something I don't 13 comes before 15 :rolleyes:

So the honor is mine, besides todd was stealing my thunder :laugh: :point2sky

yeah, i was walkin home from school at south lakes today, and its about a 20 minute walk down through a trail in this little stream valley, and those things were everywhere on that trail. ugh. i'm riding the bus from now on.

Originally posted by jbooma

Redskins don't want to point something very plain to see but mine was dated March 13th his was the 15th, so unless you know something I don't 13 comes before 15 :rolleyes:

So the honor is mine, besides todd was stealing my thunder :laugh: :point2sky

Bah! First of all, mine was on the 14th, not the 15th! :silly:

And second and third of all, you didn't draw the incredible ASF like connection between the return of cicadas, return of Gibbs, and return of the Lombardi Trophy to Redskins park, and yours was in the tailgate to boot.

And besides, I'm all about stealing booma's thunder!

I was right.

I came home this afternoon and exoskelotons are everywhere.

I've seen a few dead adult ones (being eaten by either birds or ants) and dug up a couple. I know they are horrible flyers...but they don't even walk that good.

...man, it's going to be loud in a couple days...

At least you can bag them up and send them to all of your atkins friends :laugh:

As I said over in Tailgate, not enough amino acids. One would then have to eat high fiber stuff and such, ( read: higher amounts of Carbs). Of course, I would recommend them to fellows who like to wear dresses every now and then, ( Ahem). That way they can fit into that size 4. :)

Steve where in reston are you? I live there as well and haven't seen one of those little buggers yet :logo: :helmet:

North Shore Drive on Hidden Creeck County Club. Check on bushes and/or small trees. I was just outside and all I saw were shell (about 50 or so) but only a few nymphs.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Theres really only one common-sense approach to the cicada menace.

Cicada's are like Ball Park Franks....they plump when ya cook 'em!

Bon appetit boys! :)

Ummmmmmm.... You first.

Red, white, or just beer with those? :silly:

Just finished all the posts on this Cicada thing and here are a few comments:

1. None sighted in Funky Pasadena, MD.

2. I heard that dogs think they are a delicious and will eat them by the hundreds because they don't know when to stop. The reason they throw up is because the exo-skeleton does not digest, so they gotta come out somewhere. It won't hurt the dog, just make a mess of your carpet. I have a dog and new carpet and just can't wait to see this come to fruition. (he said sarcastically)

3. Those bugs in Florida are called Love Bugs aren't they? I think they are the ones that when they get squished on your car, their bodily fluids eat your paint job up.

4. I'm not sure what is wrong with my hearing but I have a constant ringing in my ears. I've had this for a few years, I think from too much loud music. Sometimes it's so bad I have a hard time falling asleep and I can't wait until the Cicadas come so everyone can share my pain.

iv go to admit im starting to get pretty excited about them coming. i cant really remember the first time they came, i was too young but iv heard great stories about em. Iv seen some but no invasion yet. Where do you guys live who have been getting so many of them?

Originally posted by StevieInferior

North Shore Drive on Hidden Creeck County Club. Check on bushes and/or small trees. I was just outside and all I saw were shell (about 50 or so) but only a few nymphs.

I am behind the Home Depot before North Point and still haven't seen one. I am afraid to go into the woods though :laugh:

Have you played at Hidden Creek?

I am behind the Home Depot before North Point and still haven't seen one. I am afraid to go into the woods though :laugh:

Have you played at Hidden Creek?

You're right around the corner!

As a member I have not played hidden Creek, but there have been quite a few nights after a few beers where we play night golf. Not quite sure how good I am .

Oh and don't worry about the woods, they will come after you.

I remeber the last time I was in third grade, they will be all over. Five days after you start seeing the adults, you will hear the noise of some cicada "pimpin"

Seen a few dead ones in College Park but haven't seen them in full flock yet. Maybe my thoughts will change once they actually come out, but I'm definately planning on cooking some.

You are probably not seeing dead ones. They come out of the ground as nymphs, climb trees and shed their skins. Like me, you are probably seeing the shells of nymphs, which means in about 5-6 days you will start hearing a lot of lovin going on

Archived