Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CICADA INVASION!!!

Dallsux

Originally posted by jbooma

Someone told me the other day if your dog eats to many it might be bad for the stomach lining because they will be thowing them up so much. So dog owners you might want to watch out when your dogs are outside.

IIRC, it's because of the shell-like skin around them. The dog I had back in '87 was so annoyed by their noise that she didn't eat them, she'd just crush them to get the noise to stop... :laugh:

Still... anyone with outdoor pets be careful if you see them chowing down on more than a few of these.

Nick

Originally posted by ktball74

If my math is correct. The last time we had the invasion was 1987, the year the Skins won the SB against Denver. Could this be a sign? LOL!

Yo man, I beat you to the punch by like three months. I mentioned the Joe Gibbs/ Super Bowl/ Cicada connection long, long, ago. It's a stone cold lock!

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53886&highlight=cicadas

for all of you with kids, (doesnt matter young or teen aged), give them sound advice on not to eat cicadas. My brother is a sophmore in highschool and a lot of people are eating them for a going rate of $10 - 15 a pop.

Ahhhhh...... Fairfax County, where the rich and the dumb live in harmony.

Originally posted by manichispanic

for all of you with kids, (doesnt matter young or teen aged), give them sound advice on not to eat cicadas. My brother is a sophmore in highschool and a lot of people are eating them for a going rate of $10 - 15 a pop.

Ahhhhh...... Fairfax County, where the rich and the dumb live in harmony.

my buddy did that 17 years ago and made some money :laugh:

Originally posted by ktball74

If my math is correct. The last time we had the invasion was 1987, the year the Skins won the SB against Denver. Could this be a sign? LOL!

:laugh:

I was thinking the same thing.;)

Really.:silly:

Originally posted by jbooma

At least you can bag them up and send them to all of your atkins friends :laugh:

:lol:

Oh man, that's too funnny!

Southern Maryland report... none to be seen here in Solomons yet. My wife has never seen cicadas before either, and wants to go nuts building tents over our garden and trees with mosquito netting. If I am not careful, my yard is going to look like a boy scout jamboree

On another note, i am pleased to report that a bunch of turkey vultures have discovered the fish heads my neighbor put in her garden, and are happpliy cleaning that stinking mess up .

Hooray for the natural order.

~Bang

Originally posted by webpeznet

None here in ashburn (home of the skins) yet

I don't think Asburn will see many coming from the ground because of all the construction there the last 10 years.

It is going to be worse after we get a nice rain to soften up the ground so the little buggers can get out, the middle of next week it is going to be something out of a scifi movie :(

The original post in this thread is no exaggeration. I was outside last night with a spotlight in the yard, and the ground was CRAWLING with the honey-colored bugs. I would estimate 10 - 15 per square foot of grass. It was a little bit freaky to see.

Originally posted by DonMagicJuan

they wont attack will they? thats the only thing im affriad of...

No they are friendly, just looking to have babies thats all.

Now they might fly into you but that is just because they are terrible flyers, the fly into walls, houses, people, etc... So don't be worried.

Another piece of advice.....drive with your car windows up. Those things used to scare the crap out of me when they would fly into my car. I had to keep the windows up and T-Tops on my IROC until they were gone.

Originally posted by Jimbo

Another piece of advice.....drive with your car windows up. Those things used to scare the crap out of me when they would fly into my car. I had to keep the windows up and T-Tops on my IROC until they were gone.

IROC huh? Now we're REALLY channeling the 80s. :)

how long will the be around? Im too young to remember the last cicada invasion. Plus my neighborhood was built in 1989 onwards, just we do have a lot of trees in the backyard. I just hope they go soon, havent seen any yet, but I know im never lucky.

however, i am about to mow the lawn this evening, if that kills any, so be it.

Originally posted by Jimbo

The black Iroc Z T-top was the bomb.

Archived