Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most embarassing moment in NFL?

Originally posted by Montilar

Didn't a cowboy DL crap his pants or something last year (or maybe the year before) in camp? And get national news for it?

How much more embarassing can it get than that?

:laugh:

Yeah, that was Willie Blade, DT.

I'm not sure, but I think he was sick. But he was afraid what Parcells would say/do if he didn't practice.

Guess he over exerted himself......:laugh:

Originally posted by NoDak Cowboy

:laugh:

Yeah, that was Willie Blade, DT.

I'm not sure, but I think he was sick. But he was afraid what Parcells would say/do if he didn't practice.

Guess he over exerted himself......:laugh:

Don't laugh! I had that weird illness. Crapped my drawers at work and had to leave. THAT was embarassing!

oh man, these are great. This ones not as good, but I remember a rainy game and one of our QB's, either Jeff George or Tony Banks slipped and fell on his ass. I just laughed then

By the way, I loved the fish lips video.

Originally posted by essex03

That was Jim Marshall who scooped up a fumble and ran 60 or 70 yards the wrong way for a safety against the Niners...

That's the classic example of the NFL's most embarrasing moment. It would be my pick also.

Isn't Marshall in the HOF?

i was at the game when gus frerotte jammed his head up in the wall... that damn game ended in a tie!!!

most embarrasing moment has to include TO. either the DAL star incident or the sharpie.

joe horn would be up there, but he is just looking for attention, not acutally just an *******.

I remember about twenty years ago a Cowboy WR caught a TD pass and jumped up and spiked the ball, landed on his foot wrong and broke his ankle or something. It might have been Pearson, but I think it was Hill.

I'm sure resident our Cowboy fans could give the details.

All time most embarrasing: Burris (WR for steelers) catches a pass and falls down. Nobody touches him. But he was a rookie and he thinks the college rules still apply. After he gets up he spikes the ball on the ground. The ball bounces really high in the air. The opposing team which I think was the ravens caught the ball and ran it back for a TD.

Originally posted by essex03

That was Jim Marshall who scooped up a fumble and ran 60 or 70 yards the wrong way for a safety against the Niners...

I understand, after the season, some sports club (I think, in Chicago) has a special dinner to award him a trophy for "Bonehead of the Year".

The night of the dinner, he phoned them from Hawaii, and said he got on the wrong plane.

I'd also like to nominate the Vikings failing to make a draft pick in time, two years in a row.

I remember some guy running a ball in for a TD (I think he'd just picked it off). He's being persued by two guys, but he doesn't see one of them. When he grosses the ten, he slows down, puts the ball in one hand, and extends both hands in triumph. The persuer he didn't see knocks the ball out of his hand.

I do remember seeing at least one untouched receiver spiking the ball (for a turnover).

I also remember seeing at least one kickoff return guy catching the ball in the end zone and just standing there. The kicking guys all slow down, and people start trotting off to the sides. The return guy lets a bunch of them leave, then takes off running.

Joe Theisman has, I believe, two career punts, of one yard each. (Both were bad-snap field-goal tries. Theisman eventually grabs the ball, about 30 yards behind the LoS, and tries to get rid of the ball to avoid a 30-yard sack).

But the all-time #1 has got to be :gus:

Archived