Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most embarassing moment in NFL?

My co-workers and i were talking about football and gus ferrotte's name came up.

The only thing i could recall about gus when he was with the redskins was that one play when he ran in for a TD, threw the ball on the wall then slammed his head into the wall to celebrate. Of course we all know what happened next.

He sprainned his freakin neck and had to sit out.

Everybody was making fun of him. I was embarassed as a fan.

all the none redskins fans were having a ball with it.

Thanks gus, thanks for the fine memory.:shot:

Those are good ones. :laugh:

What about that one, I believe in the 70's, that Minnestoa Viking DL (I think Marshall was his name) that ran a turnover back the wrong way and gave the other team a safety.

Someone refresh my memory on this please. :)

Skins Guy

Im not sure if you guys remember it but it was probably the most embarrasing by a Redskin....

Remember about 1993 opening night on MNF vs.Dallas - Brian Mitchell thought he was in the endzone for a touchback and got smashed while actually kneeling inside the 1 yd line! That was a disaster, however we marched 99 & half yds for a TD.

Originally posted by SkinsGuy

Those are good ones. :laugh:

What about that one, I believe in the 70's, that Minnestoa Viking DL (I think Marshall was his name) that ran a turnover back the wrong way and gave the other team a safety.

Someone refresh my memory on this please. :)

Skins Guy

Jim Marshall... :doh1:

What a lot of people don't remember was he also made the fumble recovery or forced the fumble that helped the Vikings win the game. Kinda' hard to keep that in mind considering what he did earlier in the game, though...

Nick

"That was Jim Marshall who scooped up a fumble and ran 60 or 70 yards the wrong way for a safety against the Niners..."

For further trivia. WHo was the player that caught the pass and fumbled the ball that Marshall picked up?

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I think that was against the Bills and it was Steve Tasker. He recovered it for TD with 0 time off the clock. So the Bills kicked off again with 15 mins still left in the 1st quarter leading 7-0.

Thanks for the info. I still laugh when I think about it.....

Archived