Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs in & out of Hospital - He forgot his meds (Merged)

bredskin

Originally posted by bubba9497

He may have had an insulin reaction or low blood sugar, where he would become disoriented and sick, if treated in time not life threatening.

Just speculation on my part

Agreed. I know some people with type-II, and have seen low blood sugar situations, or "crashes" if you will. They are usually quite easily treatable. Perhaps a bit scary at the time, but not life threatening if the appropriate action is taken.

Originally posted by bulldog

Glad to hear this seems to be something manageable. I didn't know Gibbs had type II Diabetes.

There for a second the headline of the thread gave me flashbacks to the announcement that Lombardi had cancer :(

He discussed it when he came back. Apparently during his legendary multi-day cram sessions at Redskins Park, he'd have his assistants go out and get these enormous candy bars and other junk food. He didnt control his weight particularly well for a few years, which triggered the diabetes.

Man, I hope it's not serious. Sounds like it's not from what some of you guys are saying. Maybe the coach had a meltdown when Brunell demanded a huge salary, a guaranteed starting spot, and that Ramsey be traded.

Hang in there Joe! We're thinking about you!

Originally posted by HokieSkinsFan

It sounds like he should be okay. Hopefully it's something easily fixed, and he can be on his way back to DC whenever he's ready.

Its not actually something to be "fixed" unless the situation wasn't treated quickly enough and caused secondary problems. Regulation of blood sugar level is just something diabetics have to live with every day of their life.

Archived