Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Nah, that’s nonsense. Seeing how dedicated a young prospect is during their first offseason in really important. It allows you to factor that in when they hit the real world come September. 

Sure, it's nice to hear he's dedicated and working hard. But that's different than seeing how he actually plays when in a live NFL situation, which is the actual test. I could study for an exam really hard but if I still fail the actual test then my study habits didn't mean much.

So, again, nice to hear he's looking good and working hard. But I don't care overall. Just like I wouldn't care if it was reported that he was struggling. I want to see how this all translates onto the field, because at the end of the day that's all that matters.

And what will you do if he struggles in games? Will you say "****, I guess the nice camp reporting was crap, he's a bust"? No, then you'll probably be singing the same tune as I am currently: "We need to give him time to judge"

I get it. You're caught up in the hype. Because you want to be. I remember getting caught up in the RG3 hype as well. I'm not saying Daniels is RG3, but I remember the great reports about RG3 at camp and how I was all aboard the hype train. I've decided to temper myself and simply wait for what actually matters before making any judgement good or bad: real live NFL games

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

True, but he also threw 26 TDs and you could also clearly see him make some amazing elite level passes and plays. It was mostly about learning from the bad decisions and cleaning that up, which he did. IMO it's pretty easy to tell if a QB is truly just lost out there or if he's pushing and trying to make too many plays with some poor decisions while still playing at a high level generally.

Peyton in his rookie season was obviously the latter.

Agreed. People keep bringing up Peyton's INT total as a rookie as some kind of evidence he was terrible. He was actually pretty good. His team was trash and he made a lot of aggressive throws to give his team a chance and figure out what he could and couldn't get away with.

The very next year they went 13-3 and he was a Pro Bowler.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. People keep bringing up Peyton's INT total as a rookie as some kind of evidence he was terrible. He was actually pretty good. His team was trash and he made a lot of aggressive throws to give his team a chance and figure out what he could and couldn't get away with.

The very next year they went 13-3 and he was a Pro Bowler.

Very true and I didn't bring up his interceptions to trash his rookie season. My point is that you should not get too worked up about OTA or even their rookie season. What you do want to see is improvement in decision making as time goes on.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m not.

Now you're just blatantly lying. You already admitted you were in previous posts and that you wanted other people to get on board the hype train as well.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Now you're just blatantly lying. You already admitted you were in previous posts and that you wanted other people to get on board the hype train as well.

What’s wrong with enjoying the excitement of having a top prospect that so far looks like he’s living up to expectations? We ALL understand that this doesn’t mean his in season performance is written in stone. And we all understand that he can look not so great as a rookie and still pan out. None of that is news. Half of the fun of being a sports fan is hope and excitement and we haven’t had anything to be excited about in forever. 

Also, we aren’t hearing great things about Daniel’s because we are on a sports forum. The media is more than happy to pick apart a guy’s performance if he doesn’t look the part, and our fans are just aa  eager. You certainly heard about Maye’s and Williams’ struggles in OTA’s.  We are hearing great things about Daniel’s because he’s looked really good and has also shown a fantastic work ethic and the ability to learn and process quickly. 

Also, just let people be excited. We have plenty of time to be disappointed later if it doesn’t work out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

What’s wrong with enjoying the excitement of having a top prospect that so far looks like he’s living up to expectations? We ALL understand that this doesn’t mean his in season performance is written in stone. And we all understand that he can look not so great as a rookie and still pan out. None of that is news. Half of the fun of being a sports fan is hope and excitement and we haven’t had anything to be excited about in forever. 

Also, we aren’t hearing great things about Daniel’s because we are on a sports forum. The media is more than happy to pick apart a guy’s performance if he doesn’t look the part, and our fans are just aa  eager. You certainly heard about Maye’s and Williams’ struggles in OTA’s.  We are hearing great things about Daniel’s because he’s looked really good and has also shown a fantastic work ethic and the ability to learn and process quickly. 

Also, just let people be excited. We have plenty of time to be disappointed later if it doesn’t work out. 

There's nothing wrong with being excited.

There's nothing wrong with being on the hype train. Just because I'm being more tempered doesn't mean others can't be on that particular train.

What's wrong and what I don't like is lying about it.

He admitted to being on the hype train and wanting others to get on as well. (Again, which is fine, but don't lie about it after saying it)

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Lying :rofl89:

Nope. And I’m fine with others to make their own mind up, you included. Have fun peddling your own narrative.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He admitted to being on the hype train and wanting others to get on as well. (Again, which is fine, but don't lie about it after saying it)

Lying :rofl89:

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Lying :rofl89:

Nope. And I’m fine with others to make their own mind up, you included. Have fun peddling your own narrative.

Lying :rofl89:

Yes, lying. You pretending to laugh about it doesn't change it.

You admitted on Friday to being on the hype train and wanting others to get on.

I said 

I get that people are on the hype train but we should probably wait until we see in-game action before letting ourselves get carried away.

You said 

Nope, just get on the hype train

Which obviously implies that you're definitely on the train and want others to get on.

So there are two possibilities:

1) You honestly forgot what you wrote, in which case you can just say that and I'll take back my "liar" comment

2) You know you said it and are lying

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You admitted on Friday to being on the hype train and wanting others to get on.

I said 

You said 

Which obviously implies that you're definitely on the train and want others to get on.

So there are two possibilities:

1) You honestly forgot what you wrote, in which case you can just say that and I'll take back my "liar" comment

He said, she said nonsense.

I don’t need convincing about Daniels, you do.  I was there pre draft when you were only focused on Maye. Therefore, you get on the hype train and enjoy the summer instead of wishing for failure or disappointment. 

Embrace the new Era.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I don’t need convincing about Daniels, you do.  I was there pre draft when you were only focused on Maye. Therefore, you get on the hype train and enjoy the summer instead of wishing for failure or disappointment. 

Embrace the new Era.

"How dare you actually being up what I said!"

Ok i will accept your concession that you lied and we can move on.

And I fail to see how me saying that I want to wait to see how things play out on the field before making any judgement on Daniels, positive or negative, is "wishing for failure". There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about this position.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Jayden Daniels is going to be a monster, but I also said that about Ramsey Campbell rgiii and Haskins…..hard not to have blinders on imo but I’m not gonna hold my breath anymore

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Jayden Daniels is going to be a monster, but I also said that about Ramsey Campbell rgiii and Haskins…..hard not to have blinders on imo but I’m not gonna hold my breath anymore

THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. YOU MUST BE ON THE HYPE TRAIN OR YOU ARE INVALID.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"How dare you actually being up what I said!"

Ok i will accept your concession that you lied and we can move on.

And I fail to see how me saying that I want to wait to see how things play out on the field before making any judgement on Daniels, positive or negative, is "wishing for failure". There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about this position.

Concession :rofl89:You’re persistent I’ll give you that. Enjoy your gloomy perspective. Each to their own….:cheers:

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

49 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I don’t need convincing about Daniels, you do.

Can you guys just have a death match (using medieval weapons preferably), and film it for the rest of us?

It's the only logical way to complete this argument while still entertaining us.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Sure, it's nice to hear he's dedicated and working hard. But that's different than seeing how he actually plays when in a live NFL situation, which is the actual test. I could study for an exam really hard but if I still fail the actual test then my study habits didn't mean much.

So, again, nice to hear he's looking good and working hard. But I don't care overall. Just like I wouldn't care if it was reported that he was struggling. I want to see how this all translates onto the field, because at the end of the day that's all that matters.

And what will you do if he struggles in games? Will you say "****, I guess the nice camp reporting was crap, he's a bust"? No, then you'll probably be singing the same tune as I am currently: "We need to give him time to judge"

I get it. You're caught up in the hype. Because you want to be. I remember getting caught up in the RG3 hype as well. I'm not saying Daniels is RG3, but I remember the great reports about RG3 at camp and how I was all aboard the hype train. I've decided to temper myself and simply wait for what actually matters before making any judgement good or bad: real live NFL games

RG3 wasn't hype his rookie year. We saw it then, as we see it now. But, JD looks even more impressive than RG3 did, so I expect more. Thus my prediction of 10 and 7.

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Can you guys just have a death match (using medieval weapons preferably), and film it for the rest of us?

It's the only logical way to complete this argument while still entertaining us.

673390285_grannyfight.gif.55680a5d481aea05a494263aaa5ef398.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He's an Englishman, so the only logical solution is a drinking match.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

673390285_grannyfight.gif.55680a5d481aea05a494263aaa5ef398.gif

Just for clarification purposes, I want everyone to know that I'm the lady on the left.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with the general concept that rookie OTA/training camp performance is not a strict predictor of success or failure on a macro scale.

But I would add a little nuance in that I would argue that consistently-reported positive practice performance should be weighted more heavily than consistently-reported negative practice performance. The idea being that there are far more false negatives among talented prospects in their rookie offseason than there are false positives. Said differently—good performance in camp is a better indicator of good performance during the regular season, than bad performances in camp are for bad regular season performance. The reasoning behind my theory: imo it’s difficult to fake looking good against other NFL players in practice, while it’s pretty easy to practice poorly until you improve or catch on to the speed of the game. 

Player development is not linear, especially at QB. But positive reporting imo (if it’s well-sourced and broadly reported) should be held up as more predictive of future performance than negative reporting. 

So I would argue that I would indeed value well-vetted reports of positive practice performance, while not being terrified of equally well-vetted reports of poor proactive performance. 

And all the while, acknowledge that neither good nor bad performance in practice can truly predict the career outcome for any player. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

The last player I was this hyped about was Chase Young. And I don’t really wish I’d spent the time that I was happy and excited, less happy and excited. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

There's nothing wrong with being excited.

There's nothing wrong with being on the hype train. Just because I'm being more tempered doesn't mean others can't be on that particular train.

I understand what you are saying. But the majority of the last page is you kicking everybody in the shins who happen to see and comment on the seemingly excellent camp that JD is having. We get it! you have a wait-and-see approach. Koolness. I for one, was a Maye fan pre-draft, and was slower to come to the JD-love-him table than others on this board. I am totally bought in now. In fact, I can't see us even being at this point in early camp had we chosen Maye.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I understand what you are saying. But the majority of the last page is you kicking everybody in the shins who happen to see and comment on the seemingly excellent camp that JD is having. We get it! you have a wait-and-see approach. Koolness. I for one, was a Maye fan pre-draft, and was slower to come to the JD-love-him table than others on this board. I am totally bought in now. In fact, I can't see us even being at this point in early camp had we chosen Maye.

I've actually said several times that being excited is fine. Even being on the hype train is fine if that's their choice. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach when in a real NFL game situation before I even begin to make any judgements, positive or negative (hopefully positive, obviously).

However, some people (well mostly one in particular) seem to think that's too "gloomy" and I should just get on the hype train myself. I don't really feel the need to jump on a hype train right now and I don't think my position is in any way unreasonable.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No you aren’t, I am.

Oh come off it. I've never ONCE seen you wear a blue dress. The vast majority of the time the ones you wear are red, though occasionally paisley.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

To no one in particular:

Coaches need to be reasonable, logical, realistic, measured in what they profess publicly, and most importantly should they be fortunate enough to possess an Ace in the hole they must keep it close to the vest until played.

As a fan I renounce all of that nonsense.

I'm unreasonably unreasonable in my analysis of my team's prospects.

I see everything through the prism of my team.

I care not for rational arguments that conflict with my rose colored glasses view of my tean's future.

I believe in the power of rationalization.

I see the world not as it exists, but as I would have it be.

I abhor objective sober truths that predict failure.

Give me lies, just as long as those lies serve my team's cause and I'll embrace them as if they are mana from heaven.

Give me damned lies, including any ridiculous statistics that can be manipulated to show why my team will succeed-- this year!

If they dare proclaim the opposite-- it's summarily dismissed as rank foul hogwash of the worst order, the result of despicable profane works by despicable profane statisticians in league with the demon below.

How dare they!

A pox on all of them, says I.

In short, as a fan I reserve the right to reject any and all realities which do not conform with my preconceived belief that this will be my team's year of years.

The promised land of Lombardi awaits us.

Let us rejoice, my brethren!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1