Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

GMAP got NFCE folks so shook they don't know what to do. Jerruh froze up and didn't do anything, and Howie grabbed the phone and just started blabbing.  Howie Howie Howie... bless your heart, that's just a shame. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39726641/eagles-deny-violating-tampering-rule-saquon-barkley

30 minutes ago

Eagles deny violating tampering rule with RB Saquon Barkley

The Philadelphia Eagles have denied impermissible contact between general manager Howie Roseman and running back Saquon Barkley during the negotiating window before the start of free agency.

Barkley, a Penn State alum and Pennsylvania native, agreed to terms with the Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that includes $26 million fully guaranteed at signing. His former coach at Penn State, James Franklin, suggested Roseman spoke to Barkley directly during the "legal tampering" period, which is not allowed.

Uh Oh!  Naughty, naughty! 😝

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Got an article on this, out of curiosity, MrJL or did you just hear about this?

it was apparently last week

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/football-night-in-chicago/caleb-williams-skips-workout-with-bears/545498/

I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff, so I just stumbled on it on the Commanders reddit and actually looked up an article.

His camp says it was "logistics"

• Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, sebestian said:

This is fake—but even if it wasn’t, why are you posting something from 23 hours ago in the FA news thread? Catch up first, then try to break news homie 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrJL said:

it was apparently last week

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/football-night-in-chicago/caleb-williams-skips-workout-with-bears/545498/

I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff, so I just stumbled on it on the Commanders reddit and actually looked up an article.

His camp says it was "logistics"

Dude wants to play at home so bad he'd eat dirt.  

5 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

GMAP got NFCE folks so shook they don't know what to do. Jerruh froze up and didn't do anything, and Howie grabbed the phone and just started blabbing.  Howie Howie Howie... bless your heart, that's a shame. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39726641/eagles-deny-violating-tampering-rule-saquon-barkley

The Philadelphia Eagles have denied impermissible contact between general manager Howie Roseman and running back Saquon Barkley during the negotiating window before the start of free agency.

Barkley, a Penn State alum and Pennsylvania native, agreed to terms with the Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that includes $26 million fully guaranteed at signing. His former coach at Penn State, James Franklin, suggested Roseman spoke to Barkley directly during the "legal tampering" period, which is not allowed.

Mara doing his bull**** again. That franchise and man are insufferable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You wouldn’t be happy if Tyron Smith only played 13 games at an all pro level? Trent Williams, misses multiple games every year. He hasn’t played a full season in over a decade.

One year deal. Low guaranteed money. If he gets hurt, cut him.

If it’s a low value 1 year deal. Great! I highly doubt that is what Smith is looking for though, and I wouldn’t want to giving him any kind of multi year deal or big guaranteed money. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and what he signs for.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I know exactly what they are doing, we did it with Curt’s Samuel and Deshaun Jackson, but that doesn’t mean I agree with it, especially in a league that is supposed to promote parody. It especially helps teams with a great qb, that is willing to take some of his bonus in voided years. They are kicking the can down the road, and yes it might cause 2 or 3 years of pain once the bill is do, but who cares if it helps your team remain stacked while you have a top teir quality qb that makes you a contender for the Super Bowl year after year? If they are able to keep there studs at other positions while keeping their high priced qb how are the rebuilding teams supposed to catch them without finding their own qb?

The whole point of it is to keep a teams competitive window open longer, that is the exact opposite of parody. Yes it is allowed and no, they aren’t breaking any rules, but I think it’s a flawed system that helps keep the great teams great longer and it needs to change if they are going to continue to promote the NFL as the league of parody. 

Agree to disagree.

The word you’re looking for is “parity” btw. Your posts are a parody, but you want the league to have parity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

If it’s a low value 1 year deal. Great! I highly doubt that is what Smith is looking for though, and I wouldn’t want to giving him any kind of multi year deal or big guaranteed money. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and what he signs for.

I'm guessing, KC for the ring and he's being offered less there.  

On NFL network the host said he was texting with Bobby Wagner and he said DQ and Norton obviously were factors as well as Magic Johnson in coming here. 

Magic is such a great asset to have. Closed Kingsbury. Influenced Wagner coming. Magic is pretty tight with the USC program so if they make a move for Caleb he will be involved along with Kliff. I am pretty positive he will also help get a better stadium deal than we otherwise would. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I actually wouldn’t hate it for a medium money 1 year deal.  If he doesn’t work out, no effect on next year. 

I get the opportunity cost of rolling cap space forward.  But you also need to take shots so your roomie QB doesn’t have to run for their life every play.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yeah I agree with you. If its a value 1 year deal he will go back to Dallas. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My God! Stop listening to the rumor pushers.

Bears are drafting Caleb Williams.  Thats it and that’s all.  (Said as Arnold said it in the shockingly good though totally ridiculous Netflix show Fubar.)

We will draft Maye or Daniels.  Most likely Maye.  And the entire media who’s drumming up this insane push for Daniels is going to lose its mind and say we reached for the lower ceiling QB over the dual threat QB who can’t actually throw a 25 yard out.  

But either way.  That’s what’s happening.  Stop listening to the media idiots who have to find something to talk about for the next 7 weeks so they try and talk stories into existence.

I feel I’m coming in hot tonight.  I guess I feel a little frisky.  😂

Odds don't favor us getting him but I know Calob Williams if they dont want to go somewhere they could be a real pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Agree to disagree.

The word you’re looking for is “parity” btw. Your posts are a parody, but you want the league to have parity. 

Parity is what I want the league to have, thanks for the spelling correction 

So, it's quite apparent and has been that Caleb Williams is doing everything under his own power to play in DC.  The 64K question is and be honest.  When DQ and Adam Peters see this out of him, do they want him as their QB?  Seriously!  Dudes talented no question but so IMMATURE!  

5 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Bobby wags was the reason for this post.. I was told it would be done by 4pm today but there were a few hiccups on numbers

Great tip and I know your psyched!  Many are.  :)  

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

With the amount of Professionalism and leadership we have compiled in the locker room and on the coaching staff, is anyone really concerned about Caleb’s projected psyche?

Me.

• Thumb up 1