Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, illone said:

Love Luvu, he was on my wish list before the season ended...

But I think we need at least 1 more starter and 1 more depth/development guy.  No?

Not sure how this staff views hudson, but Id be shocked if he was the week 1 starter on the outside...

Simmons?  Tons of upside, what can DQ do with him ???

Been working all day. Only came on here in the early morning. Fowler is great. Man the depth at DE and Defensive line all together is great now. But we signed LS Ott. The ott to mean we are gonna win a Championship. Holy moly. I freaking stoked. Who needs Scoot when you got Ott!!!!! HTTR

51 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hey, we went from having 4 1st round picks on the DL to 4 1st round picks on the DL.

And we basically traded Young and Sweat for Fowler, Ferrell and Armstrong + a 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

Yep. We have a nice rotation of ends now. I was wondering if they were going to go big at end or use a rotation, That has been answered. May add a young guy from the draft to develop as well. I like this plan. In fact it has been a pleasure to watch Peters construct a roster over the past two days. Feels good to be a Washington football fan for the first time in a long long time. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, sebestian said:

Simmons?  Tons of upside, what can DQ do with him ???

Simmons is gonna be big $$$. Probably worth it, but he is more of a free safety. He does play in the box so he could be viewed by this staff as a versatile piece, just might cost too much for what he is.

• Like 2

The best thing Kam Curl could do for his career is re-sign at a reasonable price here in Washington, ball out in Quinn's defense, and then go get a big payday on his 3rd contract at 27/28 years old.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The best thing Kam Curl could do for his career is re-sign at a reasonable price here in Washington, ball out in Quinn's defense, and then go get a big payday on his 3rd contract at 27/28 years old.

I agree. He doesn’t strike me as that smart though so I think we end up signing someone else and he accepts less than he originally planned elsewhere. Once the safeties start going we won’t want to wait on him. 

The market at S is clearly flooded but the way he and his dad have been talking for literally years about it, I just can’t see them folding early enough to return here before we go elsewhere with the position. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Love that all these contracts are shorter term, not break the bank offers.  If any of our upcoming draft picks hit, and they are stuck behind these guys, we can cut bait with little issue...

Fixed that for you 😉

And then saying a couple of years later..."well, he hasn't cost us a game yet".

Just now, Conn said:

I agree. He doesn’t strike me as that smart though so I think we end up signing someone else and he accepts less than he originally planned elsewhere. Once the safeties start going we won’t want to wait on him. 

The market at S is clearly flooded but the way he and his dad have been talking for literally heard about it, I just can’t see them folding early enough to return here before we go elsewhere with the position. 

Hopefully he's getting good counsel from his representatives. Now that we have Luvu at MKE and Jamin back at WIL, I'd rather spend big at CB and go reasonable at S than vice versa.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Hopefully he's getting good counsel from his representatives. Now that we have Luvu at MKE and Jamin back at WIL, I'd rather spend big at CB and go reasonable at S than vice versa.

Totally agree 👍 Specially within our division and the WR they face twice…

Edited by Command The 414

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He was never top 10. He was league leader in passing yards because of insane # of pass attempts. He wasn't efficient or playing at a high level. Advanced metrics had him somewhere in the low 20s all year.

No they didn't. He was all over the place for the first half of the year, with a majority of the #'s sitting near the back end to the top 10 and running into the low 20's. In general, for the first half of the year, he was producing #'s comensurate with a below average to above average QB across the board, with some outlier numbers inside the top 10, and some in the bottom 6. 

The second half of the season (really mid November) when the entire team quit, his #'s across the board declined, to steel man, that also corresponded with the schedule getting significantly tougher in terms of quality of opponent (I believe 5 of last 7 games were against playoff teams, and 4 of last 6 opponents had top defenses). Hell, even after the apocalypse that was the end of the season, his advanced metrics #'s with player profiler are in the bottom 3rd, but not consistently bottom 5 overall, and that's telling because we all know he was much better September to mid November, compared to Mid November, to the finale. 

YPA: 28th

AYA: 32nd

AYPA: 22nd

Accuracy Rating: 21st

True Completion Pct: 18th

Deep Ball Completion Pct: 32nd

Pressured Comp pct: 12th

Play Action Comp Pct: 33rd

Red Zone Comp Pct: 24th

Clean Pocket Comp Pct: 25th

True Passer Rating: 27th

QBR: 23rd

EPA: 23rd

Production Premium: 23rd

Red Zone Accuracy: 32nd

Deep Ball Accuracy Rating: 29th

Clean Pocket Accuracy Rating: 23rd

Deep Ball Catchable Pass Rate: 21st

Pressured Catchable Pass Rate: 29th

Catchable Pass Rate: 41st

He finished the season with basically 11 categories where he was typically in the 20th-35th percentile, with a handful that were above average or below average.

He finished with 9 category stats that were more in that bottom 10th percentile.

During the first half of the season to mid November he was much better, his high end #'s were in the teens to the bottom of the top 10, and his bottom #'s were more in that 21sth-26th zone. It was definitely not the same all year by any stretch. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can argue it with a straight face, but to steel man, maybe you would if you'd grown tired of hearing bull---- stats used to puff up his performance weekly when you knew better (total TD's, his place in total passing yards, people did keep pumping that for 3 months and it was lazy as hell analysis and moronic so I can understand why someone might be aggravated at it). 

To steel man the argument here, I would simply say: Howell played solid to good QB, with some major issues around the edges for several months that were quite alarming stats, for a rookie/guy with no experience, he then was below average to bad during the final 1/3 or so of the season, and with us having landed a top 2 pick, Howell flat out did not do enough to stay our hand when it comes to drafting QB, period. We should 1000% draft Maye or Daniels (for me, Maye) next month. But what's the book on Howell for now? I'd argue he's a question mark, that in one lost season with a dog ---- OL, terrible performances from his weapons, and coaches, he proved he belongs in the league as a top 35 QB, with top 15ish ceiling potentially, but a stud, franchise QB? I didn't see anything beyond periodic flashes of that kind of potential and nowhere near enough to pass on QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

No they didn't. He was all over the place for the first half of the year, with a majority of the #'s sitting near the back end to the top 10 and running into the low 20's. In general, for the first half of the year, he was producing #'s comensurate with a below average to above average QB across the board, with some outlier numbers inside the top 10, and some in the bottom 6. 

The second half of the season (really mid November) when the entire team quit, his #'s across the board declined, to steel man, that also corresponded with the schedule getting significantly tougher in terms of quality of opponent (I believe 5 of last 7 games were against playoff teams, and 4 of last 6 opponents had top defenses). Hell, even after the apocalypse that was the end of the season, his advanced metrics #'s with player profiler are in the bottom 3rd, but not consistently bottom 5 overall, and that's telling because we all know he was much better September to mid November, compared to Mid November, to the finale. 

YPA: 28th

AYA: 32nd

AYPA: 22nd

Accuracy Rating: 21st

True Completion Pct: 18th

Deep Ball Completion Pct: 32nd

Pressured Comp pct: 12th

Play Action Comp Pct: 33rd

Red Zone Comp Pct: 24th

Clean Pocket Comp Pct: 25th

True Passer Rating: 27th

QBR: 23rd

EPA: 23rd

Production Premium: 23rd

Red Zone Accuracy: 32nd

Deep Ball Accuracy Rating: 29th

Clean Pocket Accuracy Rating: 23rd

Deep Ball Catchable Pass Rate: 21st

Pressured Catchable Pass Rate: 29th

Catchable Pass Rate: 41st

He finished the season with basically 11 categories where he was typically in the 20th-35th percentile, with a handful that were above average or below average.

He finished with 9 category stats that were more in that bottom 10th percentile.

During the first half of the season to mid November he was much better, his high end #'s were in the teens to the bottom of the top 10, and his bottom #'s were more in that 21sth-26th zone. It was definitely not the same all year by any stretch. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can argue it with a straight face, but to steel man, maybe you would if you'd grown tired of hearing bull---- stats used to puff up his performance weekly when you knew better (total TD's, his place in total passing yards, people did keep pumping that for 3 months and it was lazy as hell analysis and moronic so I can understand why someone might be aggravated at it). 

To steel man the argument here, I would simply say: Howell played solid to good QB, with some major issues around the edges for several months that were quite alarming stats, for a rookie/guy with no experience, he then was below average to bad during the final 1/3 or so of the season, and with us having landed a top 2 pick, Howell flat out did not do enough to stay our hand when it comes to drafting QB, period. We should 1000% draft Maye or Daniels (for me, Maye) next month. But what's the book on Howell for now? I'd argue he's a question mark, that in one lost season with a dog ---- OL, terrible performances from his weapons, and coaches, he proved he belongs in the league as a top 35 QB, with top 15ish ceiling potentially, but a stud, franchise QB? I didn't see anything beyond periodic flashes of that kind of potential and nowhere near enough to pass on QB. 

Take it to the qb thread. This is for free agents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The NFL isn't fair. At the end of the day he was a bottom 5 QB former 5th round pick whos rookie contract is halfway expired. He's dunzo.

Not bottom 5, but yes, agree the NFL is unfair. I don't think he's donezo. I'm not sure what's going to happen (if you mean with us, as a starter? I'd say there's 95% chance he's donezo, but sometimes surprises happen).