Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

43 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Still had 1064 total yards, 6 TD's in 14 games  1637 total yards in 2022 18 TD's 17games    1558 total yards 2021 20TD's16 games. I see no injury history other than last year and 2020 were he played 10 games 16 the year before and 15050  Total yards.   He has never been injury prone. 7 years missed 7 games. Still 28 years old think he still has some left in the tank.

Ekeler played last year with a severe high ankle sprain that he suffered the first week of the season and although he missed some time he never complained.

Just gutted it out and gave the team the best he had. 

High character guy. Leader. Tough as nails.

Assuming his fall off last year was due to the injury and ge returns to his 2022 form this signing could be the offensive steal of free agency.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 10

Spent all day on here. Literally. Left from 3. Got back at 6. Saw we signed Eckler. We don't need him to be a ball hawk. He has plenty in the tank. When on the field, he will be a great security blanket for a rookie QB, plus he's great in pass protection. Just a great leader to have in our locker room. I honestly didn't expect us to do as much as we did to improve our team today. Hope we can sign an LT. If not, gotta see what we can do to move up into the 1st to get one without giving up future picks. I'd be all for trading both 2nds to get back into the 1st if it got us a starting LT. Today is a great day. Feel really good about the future of this team. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I would definitely prefer Tannehill as a backup over Sam Darnold. 

Also I hope we bring in another kicker to compete because McManus is mid. He was 50% from 50+

Yes but nearly 93% from inside 50

Edited by CommandB11
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Anybody got Adam Peters' phone number?? Dan Quinn? Hell I'll take Marty Hurney

image.thumb.png.2bc26ff986cec2e05c44156d549be5a3.png

A year later and I stand by this.

There is very little reason to pay the RB position. They are not conductive to win shares and they are the easiest position in the NFL to replace.

I will say picking up Ekeler in FA is more palatable than trading for the guy.

End of the day, you can sign some guy who will be bagging groceries post draft and still get Day 1 production... kinda like how Ekler was an UDFA.

We aint paying Ekler much, but any amount is a lot for a RB when you can give them virtually nothing... Its probably a one year deal w/ a cuttable year 2 we can get out of, so not the end of the world or anything, but we still gotta be prepared to replace Gibby's/Ekeler's skill set for 2025 so we still gotta draft a guy at some point. This is just a kick the can situation for 5-6 Mil.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Also I hope we bring in another kicker to compete because McManus is mid. He was 50% from 50+

We probably will.  Need to. 

Edited by RWJ

Just now, bh32 said:

Looks like Howell might actually be gone considering they are looking at vet QB's.

Saw a tweet that the Broncos were interested in trading for him. Not sure how legit the source is though.

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Saw a tweet that the Broncos were interested in trading for him. Not sure how legit the source is though.

I think he gets traded for a 3rd.  If we can't get a 3rd, then we should keep him. 

• Like 1

More love for Frankie Luvu. It really does look like Peters and Q had a good day today. It's so much fun to finally watch someone who knows what they're doing during free agency.

https://riggosrag.com/posts/commanders-hit-significant-home-run-frankie-luvu-signing

image.jpeg.3e34de92a6a2de65e611725a0675ce63.jpeg

>>Commanders hit significant home run with Frankie Luvu signing

This is just what the doctor ordered...

Washington Commanders general manager Adam Peters has pulled off a masterstroke with the signing of linebacker Frankie Luvu.

Finding upgrades at the linebacker position was a key priority for the Washington Commanders this offseason. This area of the field was almost completely ignored by Ron Rivera throughout his four-year tenure - a mistake the new regime wasn't going to make.

According to reports, the Commanders have pulled off a coup with the signing of Frankie Luvu. The former undrafted free agent out of Washington State joins the franchise after starring for the Carolina Panthers over the last three seasons. Simply put, he's exactly what this team has sorely lacked.

Commanders pull off major coup with Frankie Luvu signing

For those unaware, I also have the dubious distinction of covering the Panthers along with the Commanders. I've watched every snap Luvu's taken over the last three years since his arrival in 2021 free agency from the New York Jets. He went from a special teams ace to an integral part of Carolina's defensive strategy. This is a home-run hit by Washington during their first recruitment period with Adam Peters leading the charge.

The Commanders are desperately thin of options at the defensive second level. Pairing Luvu with Jamin Davis instantly improves matters. This also looks like a tremendous fit in terms of the scheme Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt Jr. plan to implement.

There is nothing Luvu doesn't do well. He is a sideline-to-sideline presence against the run, boasting exceptional instincts to identify plays developing and getting to the contact point quickly with supreme aggression. There is also a lot to like about his ability to create pressure on opposing quarterbacks - something he accomplishes with a unique blend of explosiveness and ruthless aggression.

Luvu is also scheme versatile. He can line up on the edge with tremendous effectiveness. After Shaq Thompson went down with a season-ending injury, the Panthers switched him to the interior as part of Ejiro Evero's creative 3-4 base system. The transition was seamless en route to another outstanding year littered with memorable moments.

The Panthers might have been a two-win team last year, but that wasn't because of their defense. They performed well in difficult circumstances with key injuries everywhere. Derrick Brown was their best player. Luvu was their emotional leader and lynchpin.

He plays every down like it's his last. Luvu competes with a ferocity and underdog mentality that will make him a fan favorite in no time at all. The energy and infectious enthusiasm he brings to the table will have an incredibly positive effect on defensive teammates in Washington. He's also durable, missing just one game over three seasons in Carolina.

At the reported cost - which has a maximum value of $36 million - it could be a steal. Luvu will quickly emerge into the heartbeat of Washington's defense under Quinn and Whitt. There is still some work to do in pursuit of solidifying the secondary, but it's hard to envisage a scenario where this second-level enforcer doesn't make the Commanders' defense better.

One only has to look at the dismay within Carolina's fanbase on social media regarding Luvu to see the esteem in which he is held. Peters pulled off a masterstroke by bringing him into the fold. He's a tone-setter who'll give everything to the cause. More importantly, he will make everyone around him better.

A difference-maker in every sense of the word.<<

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 Free Agency & Trades Thread - OUT: Logan Thomas, Leno, Gibson, Brissett IN: TE Ertz, DE Armstrong, C Biadasz, LB Luvu, RB Ekeler, K McManus
3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Mariota literally quit on the Falcons a couple years back. I would blacklist him for life. 

Did you watch Quarterback on Netflix? They explain what happened in the series

Edited by ThatNFLChick

11 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Looks like Howell might actually be gone considering they are looking at vet QB's.

We have 1 QB on the roster.

I don't think looking at Vets means anything about Howell. We need more arms regardless.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Did you watch Quarterback on Netflix? They explain what happened in the series

Yes

He quit.

He coulda been in the locker room. Meeting room. Practice field. Anything to help Ridder

He quit

17 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I would definitely prefer Tannehill as a backup over Sam Darnold. 

With the way the market is going, I don't know if we can afford him. Unless the plan is to have our rook sit for an extended period.  The mid-tier starter QB market is running 100-150 mil if you look at the Carr, Cousins, and Baker deals.  

Edited by NOLA2DC