Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I said almost the same exact things in 2020 during Rivera's first offseason here and after Bruce Allen had been punted to the curb. I also got criticized for it back then, too lol...I know, I know, Snyder. Like I said a few posts ago, I'm hoping what this shows is that Rivera's approach was pretty much SOP for new coaches but that is talent eval was lacking. But right now I'm not feeling like it's anything noticeably different from offseasons past. I mean, maybe they're using analytics to support their moves, I dunno lol...that would be something I (nor anyone else) would have any idea about. See? Optimism lol...

I was referring to your older past as a homer, we’ve all been here too long lol.

I think we can do better than the surface level comparison you’re drawing, but I won’t give you too hard a time about it because this is a hard franchise to get behind even after the changes. I’m not even advocating for assuming the best—just not immediately drawing the most shallow comparisons possible. Other than Samuels, every Panthers player Rivera brought in here was already bad or washed up. Quinn is bringing in younger players who haven’t hit their ceiling, who have played well. I’d say it’s very different. Biadasz is not Norwell or Turner (who some talked themselves into at the time, but were clearly washed). Biadasz is a solid starter at worst, which is already better than Norwell/Turner, and nobody is deluding themselves into thinking he’s elite. 

I agree with your point that new coaches are almost always supplied with their former players by their FO. Especially when “establishing a culture”. 

But to say this is feeling the same after 3-4 signings is simplistic. It seems like you want engagement from people. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

If it involves them giving #6 + ‘25 1st + a huge contract to Burns (a franchise tagged player pulls two 1sts, right?), sign me up. They’ll be in roster purgatory for a long time. Would be a sign of absolutely idiotic desperation. 

The original tweet about that Burns trade is from Wesley Steinberg, a satire "Giants beat reporter" account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

https://x.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1767287561897000964?s=20

we are sniffing around Ekeler from LAC. Only 28 and would be great complement at RB.

Have you seen what RBs got this free agency? Even guys like Swift and Singletary get paid top Dollar. I'd much rather add RB depth in the late rounds than spending money on an older, somewhat washed RB. 

Use that money for other positions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I don't like the prospects of a 28+ RB. I hate feeling this way, but older backs hurt my stomach. 

Yep not for me that one.

Zack Moss was the other RB we were earlier linked with.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

https://x.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1767287561897000964?s=20

we are sniffing around Ekeler from LAC. Only 28 and would be great complement at RB.

He’s lost his long speed and some of his quicks, but he can catch the damn ball out of the backfield like no one’s business. And I assume he can pass protect. And he doesn’t give away the play at the GL if you decide to have him in, he’s been a TD hound in his career. He’d be a nice checkdown for Maye imo, at the right price 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Dawkins getting 20M/year is a good barometer for the rest of the market probably.

Been mulling what Jonah Williams would want and my guess is he wants LT money on a big contract (100M over 5 ish) and most teams probably want him at middling RT money (prolly like 60-70M over 5).

I wonder if he ends up on like a 1 year prove it at like 15Mish to play LT somewhere.  Maybe here.

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Offer a 4th for Justin Fields and trade that #2 pick for ALL THE FAT BOYS.

Who says no?

If I’m doing that I would offer them a 6th or no better then a 5th and stay Pat at 2 and take Alt from Notre Dame… but I’m more then likely not doing that deal… at this juncture (even though I’m not as down on Fields as many are) I want to take Maye at 2 and call it a day and have him in the fold for 4yrs

Edited by Command The 414

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I’m slightly concerned we throw a stack of cash at Tyron Smith on a 2/3 year deal.

Meh that seems like outside of Peters' MO.  If he does pay Smith that money I imagine they have great confidence in him and can't blame em.

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

He’s lost his long speed and some of his quicks, but he can catch the damn ball out of the backfield like no one’s business. And I assume he can pass protect. And he doesn’t give away the play at the GL if you decide to have him in, he’s been a TD hound in his career. He’d be a nice checkdown for Maye imo, at the right price 

Exactly

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Meh that seems like outside of Peters' MO.  If he does pay Smith that money I imagine they have great confidence in him and can't blame em.

Well we don’t know Peters’ MO just yet, we’re only finding that out.

Just now, redskinss said:

Wonder what's going on with Calvin ridley?

Haven't heard his name today in any rumors or anything. 

NE would be my best guess.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I don't like the prospects of a 28+ RB. I hate feeling this way, but older backs hurt my stomach. 

I don't think Ekeler has much of a market given his age, injury history and decline last year. If he comes here, it's going to be for a modest deal (I would imagine somewhere in the realm of $5M on a short contract) and to utilize him in a Chris Thompson-esque third down back role. BRob is the obvious starter and CRod is also a solid backup. This coaching staff's goal is to find players' specific strengths and utilize them in that role. Kingsbury's offense's goal is to open the field up and spread the ball around to playmakers. From the standpoint that if we signed Ekeler it is likely to get him between 35-45 catches and extremely sparingly use him in the running game that is a pretty scary open field guy to combine with Terry, Dotson and Ertz on third downs. I'm open to it because he's not really coming here as a RB and I have to trust that is going to be expressed to him about how he would be used here barring injuries to the rest of the backfield room. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1