Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Hoping the Vagiants dont get Burns..........

If it involves them giving #6 + ‘25 1st + a huge contract to Burns (a franchise tagged player pulls two 1sts, right?), sign me up. They’ll be in roster purgatory for a long time. Would be a sign of absolutely idiotic desperation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

That defense would be nasty with Burns opposite Kayvon. I dont want him in the division. Unless its on our team. 

They would be what sweat and Young were should have been

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

That defense would be nasty with Burns opposite Kayvon. I dont want him in the division. Unless its on our team. 

Yep, that’s a ballsy move by the Giants of it some off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

As a reminder when seeing these high priced signings be announced - its all about guaranteed money. 

Not just that, guaranteed at signing money. Not just guarantees.

• Like 1

I have no problem with AP being cautious in FA. New coaching staff and new schemes may help improve the play of players we have. There is still time for FA pickups too. Don't throw around contracts like they're lollipops.

Having said that, he needs to nail the draft with quality players. RR drafting Forbes and then having to bench him really irked me.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/derwin-james-25112/

Year one cash 24.5 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/minkah-fitzpatrick-25106/

Year one cash 22.1 million

Contracts go up, so it's not that surprising.  Not to mention 24.5mill isn't that far off.

It also completely depends on how the contract is designed in terms of how the cap hits are spread out. Jonathan Allen signed for almost the same deal as McKinney )4/72 vs 4/68) but got 31.5 in the first year. 

1 minute ago, oraphus said:

Gabe Davis is garbage.... he had one good year with Allen throwing him the ball.. has mostly underperformed. packers will regret that one 

I actually liked him for us on an affordable deal in Samuels role. The guy does disappear for entire games at times though. 

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Seeing you be skeptical in here when we finally have some hope, after years of being an unrepentant homer when we had none, is wild 

I said almost the same exact things in 2020 during Rivera's first offseason here and after Bruce Allen had been punted to the curb. I also got criticized for it back then, too lol...I know, I know, Snyder. Like I said a few posts ago, I'm hoping what this shows is that Rivera's approach was pretty much SOP for new coaches but that is talent eval was lacking. But right now I'm not feeling like it's anything noticeably different from offseasons past. I mean, maybe they're using analytics to support their moves, I dunno lol...that would be something I (nor anyone else) would have any idea about. See? Optimism lol...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Gabe Davis is garbage.... he had one good year with Allen throwing him the ball.. has mostly underperformed. packers will regret that one 

agree with you, but it’s the Jaguars who will regret it 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

IMG_1844.gif

Eddie Royal expected to meet with Redskins Commanders staff tonight at Morton’s to discuss contract.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Our new guy is at 11%. At least ours is alignment versatile. If we draft a speedster (Chop?) that'll improve my stance on Armstrong.

Armstrong's 11% was for the whole year...Van Ginkel's 19% was for Weeks 13-18...and I'd be willing to bet those were his best stretch of games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Armstrong's 11% was for the whole year...Van Ginkel's 19% was for Weeks 13-18...and I'd be willing to bet those were his best stretch of games.

Also, the guy's initials are AVG and we've had enough average players.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I said almost the same exact things in 2020 during Rivera's first offseason here and after Bruce Allen had been punted to the curb. I also got criticized for it back then, too lol...I know, I know, Snyder. Like I said a few posts ago, I'm hoping what this shows is that Rivera's approach was pretty much SOP for new coaches but that is talent eval was lacking. But right now I'm not feeling like it's anything noticeably different from offseasons past. I mean, maybe they're using analytics to support their moves, I dunno lol...that would be something I (nor anyone else) would have any idea about. See? Optimism lol...

I think that’s a fair take right now. I said earlier I hope to see some unexpected moves that give insight into Peters being different, be it creative or imagination. Just something different. I’ve suggested the same in the draft thread. 

Time will tell, still plenty of time and players on the market. I’m very optimistic we’ll have a strong free agency. But I do think your take is currently fair enough….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

...I hope to see some unexpected moves that give insight into Peters being different, be it creative or imagination. Just something different.

I think that was me, too...wanted to see something that strongly indicated he was different, not just better than Rivera/Bruce/Snyder/etc. As you said, if all he is is "Better" then time will tell how much better (hopefully a ****load better lol). I do have legit hope that will be the case at the very least.

• Like 4