Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree. Play calling doesnt mean anything when your players are trash. 

You also can’t statistically analyze play calling.  It’s impossible.  

Credentials for statement: working in data and analytics for damn near 30 years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

There are some that are calling Maye a taller Howell on other forums.  Well, they both learned the same system.  Makes sense but you can't compare their talent as Maye is ahead of Howell in every aspect. Their college stats TDs to INTs are similar to a degree but they Maye is ahead in a good QB class.  I believe if Maye is drafted by Peters as I believe and most do Ben Johnson is the HC, he can revive Howell.  I think he can and does.  How can a coach that talks about relationships trade a QB that he bonded with at the Senior Bowl not get Maye and Howell to bond too.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There are some that are calling Maye a taller Howell on other forums.  Well, they both learned the same system.  Makes sense but you can't compare their talent as Maye is ahead of Howell in every aspect. Their college stats TDs to INTs are similar to a degree but they Maye is ahead in a good QB class.  I believe if Maye is drafted by Peters as I believe and most do Ben Johnson is the HC, he can revive Howell.  I think he can and does.  How can a coach that talks about relationships trade a QB that he bonded with at the Senior Bowl not get Maye and Howell to bond too.  

No offense but reviving Howell is irrelevant.

If I draft a guy at #2 I dont concern myself with Sam Howell 

IF he's on the roster he's the second string QB....maybe. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

No offense but reviving Howell is irrelevant.

If I draft a guy at #2 I dont concern myself with Sam Howell 

IF he's on the roster he's the second string QB....maybe. 🤷‍♂️

Agree, 1000%!  Absolutely and rightly so as Maye is THE guy but you have a backup QB and the QB coach and Johnson will spend time with both.  Listen to the video that HTTRDynasty posted and Johnson tells Howell directly the reason why he likes coaching is relationships.  :)      

• Thanks 1

We really arent going to know a whole lot about anything until Feb 11th. Thats when the new league year starts. We will get answers on Fields, Jonathan Allen and a everyone else at that point. This is the most excited I have been for an offseason in 20 years at least. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We really arent going to know a whole lot about anything until Feb 11th. Thats when the new league year starts. We will get answers on Fields, Jonathan Allen and a everyone else at that point. This is the most excited I have been for an offseason in 20 years at least. 

League year begins March 13th, but yes, this will be very exciting.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2023-24-important-nfl-dates/

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

More stuff to throw on the "done deal" pile. Its over. 

Tomorrow tells the tale.  If either Baltimore or Detroit or both loses, we will know.  

11 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Thoughts about MacDonald as HC, Weaver as DC and Slowick as OC?  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Tomorrow tells the tale.  If either Baltimore or Detroit or both loses, we will know.  

Thoughts about MacDonald as HC, Weaver as DC and Slowick as OC?  

I don't know anything about this Weaver guy but Slowik would be a lateral move.  Why would he do that?

• Like 1

Allbright is reposting so it's legit!

Just now, MrJL said:

I don't know anything about this Weaver guy but Slowik would be a lateral move.  Why would he do that?

My bad.  My apologies, MrJL.  Your right.  Let me think who Peters might get as OC.  Still think it's Ben Johnson in Washington and all of this is verbal/mental chess.  I think Seattle really wants MacDonald.  Just a guess.    

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Nah. Its over. Seattle is moving on. They got word. 

Just fired a post to MrJL and told him I believe it's mental/verbal chess with Seattle and they really want MacDonald and we are fully targeted on Ben Johnson.  

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nah. Its over. Seattle is moving on. They got word. 

What?  Seattle moving on.  You mean they know we are going to sign Ben Johnson, right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I don't get it, why is this more evidence that Ben johnson is going to be our new coach?

I think Fowler is stirring the pot but then Allbright repost the tweet as I posted it in this thread above.  Here is the kicker that Fowler added after his original post.  We have already done a virtual with MacDonald and Seattle has not.  I don't know if you must have a virtual before an in person, so I am confused on this.  If you must have a virtual first and Seattle hasn't and they'd have to wait until after Baltimore's season is over with, we sit in a really good position.  Wow!  

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Falcons putting a good staff together!

I knew Raheem would.  :) He was #3 for me as HC for our team. I am happy for him.  He brings a calming effect to any team.  Great leader of men he has become.  

I'll just say this @ThatNFLChick, if somehow, we end up with MacDonald as HC and he's been my #1 choice all along, your chances of landing Daniels as QB go up significantly, IMO.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I knew Raheem would.  :) He was #3 for me as HC for our team. I am happy for him.  He brings a calming effect to any team.  Great leader of men he has become.  

I'll just say this @ThatNFLChick, if somehow, we end up with MacDonald as HC and he's been my #1 choice all along, your chances of landing Daniels as QB go up significantly, IMO.  

I don't presume to know what these coaches want in a QB. Bill B went from Brady to Cam Newton to Mac Jones and then bringing in a more mobile guy in Matt Corral that it seems they were hoping could possibly be the answer (before he quit football).

Kevin O' Connell from the Vikings has Kirk Cousins and then tried to trade up for the total opposite of Kirk in Anthony Richardson. 

The Titans went from Tannehill to drafting Malik Wills to drafting Will Levis....those 3 QBs could not be more different. 

Nobody knows what these HCs will do really. Its all just guessing. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't presume to know what these coaches want in a QB. Bill B went from Brady to Cam Newton to Mac Jones and then bringing in a more mobile guy in Matt Corral that it seems they were hoping could possibly be the answer (before he quit football).

Kevin O' Connell from the Vikings has Kirk Cousins and then tried to trade up for the total opposite of Kirk in Anthony Richardson. 

The Titans went from Tannehill to drafting Malik Wills to drafting Will Levis....those 3 QBs could not be more different. 

Nobody knows what these HCs will do really. Its all just guessing. 

If MacDonald becomes HC here, he may want Greg Roman as his OC and Roman worked with Jackson as you know and Daniels may be more dynamic than Jackson.  I said may but his play is very similar.  We will have competition if MacDonald is the HC and wants Roman because now that Harbaugh is HC In LA he might want to reunite with Greg Roman too.  Just food for thought.  We could still be all on Ben Johnson. I like both Ben and Mike but Mike has beaten up all Os he has played, thus he's my #1 and has been and Ben #2. That speaks volumes to me when you beat all the great Os in the NFL.    

47 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I don't get it, why is this more evidence that Ben johnson is going to be our new coach?

It is us and them left. And they are leaking their interest in Macdonald to see fan feedback imo. It is over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is us and them left. And they are leaking their interest in Macdonald to see fan feedback imo. It is over. 

Could be but Keim has kept saying, "It's not a slam dunk with Ben Johnson and this tweet of who we will be interviewing next week, below.  There are many involved in this search and Shen has a voice in this too.  He has connections with MacDonald.  Many things to think about.  See this article as it is 2 hours old. 

Seahawks’ next steps in coaching search could hinge on NFL conference title games | The Seattle Times

Schnieder has never hired an OF minded HC as long as he's been a GM.  Could he change?  No one knows.  We are at war with Seattle at this time for both Johnson and MacDonald.  We have interviewed both already virtually and Seattle has not interviewed MacDonald at all.  We sit in the driver's seat but again you can cool well believe that arguments are going on between Peters, Harris, Irving Johnson, Shen, the minority owners and The Advisory Team.  Who will we choose.  The tweet from Keim 4 days ago below but a lot will be known tomorrow if Detroit or Baltimore or both lose.