Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

46 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm beginning to think Morris is going to be the coach if we don't get Johnson.

Response not aimed at you, R44 just shooting back a response in general. I'd rather we hired MacDonald or Weaver before Morris as HC if Johnson or Slowik are not hired.  Sorry, but I don't take he was young and not ready for a HC position about Raheem.  The Buc total D is ranked #23 overall for 2023.  Raheem is Raheem and I don't want him as HC.  IMO, Total Fail if Adam Peters hires him as HC.  

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ultravin said:

lol, he's going to sign chase young back to the team for 20 mil!  hahahahahahaa

I doubt anyone is giving Young a five year deal. That’s how you came up with $20M, right?

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Response not aimed at you, R44 just shooting back a response in general. I'd rather we hired MacDonald or Weaver before Morris as HC if Johnson or Slowik are not hired.  Sorry, but I don't take he was young and not ready for a HC position about Raheem.  The Buc total D is ranked #23 overall for 2023.  Raheem is Raheem and I don't want him as HC.  IMO, Total Fail if Adam Peters hires him as HC.  

You do know that Morris didnt coach Tampa’s D this year, no?

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You do know that Morris didnt coach Tampa’s D this year, no?

Your right.  Not enough, Java yet, Ball Security.  The Rams and their D was ranked #20.  Still sucks with a Capital S.  You think that's a good ranking?  Take a look too, @Riggo#44 

Edited by RWJ

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

Buccaneer D is rated #23 overall.  You want him as our HC?  You may want to rethink it.

2023 NFL Defense Rankings: Team Pass and Rush Stats | FOX Sports

Morris is with the Rams, not the Bucs. This year's numbers for the Rams defence are more reflective of a lack of talent than his coaching. All they have is Aaron Donald. He won the SB as DC with them 2 years ago.

As per Peters, the team is looking for a leader of men: "He's been the same great coach that I've always known. He's a great leader. He elevates people and situations that he's a part of and I think that's the greatest sign of leadership," (Sean) McVay said about Morris. "We always talk about trying to help guys reach and realize their highest potential. I think we're seeing a lot of growth and development from a lot of people that he has an influence on."

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Morris is with the Rams, not the Bucs. This year's numbers for the Rams defence are more reflective of a lack of talent than his coaching. All they have is Aaron Donald. He won the SB as DC with them 2 years ago.

As per Peters, the team is looking for a leader of men: "He's been the same great coach that I've always known. He's a great leader. He elevates people and situations that he's a part of and I think that's the greatest sign of leadership," (Sean) McVay said about Morris. "We always talk about trying to help guys reach and realize their highest potential. I think we're seeing a lot of growth and development from a lot of people that he has an influence on."

Love Raheem?  I don't and say epic fail if hired.  I'm out on this conversation.  I watched him here and also when HC.  Don't like the guy. Give me Weaver from Baltimore.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I ignored it the first time because you clearly do not like being quoted and questioned about your strong flip-floppy opinions (you may even have me on ignore, so you may not see this lol) but now you’ve said it multiple times—Morris is not the DC of the Bucs. 

Edit: I see others have already corrected you but as usual, you aren’t interested in delving into why you feel the way you do. Just repeating your strong opinion of the day until you move onto the next one. Carry on. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Larry Kruger (Sports radio host SF) on The Junkies had this to say when asked about Slowik -

• He's young but comes from a football family
  • Shanny believes in hiring from football family's
  • Work for Mike since back in 2010
  • Really sharp guy
  • Began at bottom with quality control which is where all coaches start
  • Slowik was a WR by trade
  • Shanny put him as defensive QC because he believes you can't be really a great offensive player caller unless you have an understanding of defenses
  • Kruger thinks you'd get him for a good $$$ related to annual salary
  • Done a great job in any role he's been in (see Texans)

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Take a look too, @Riggo#44 

Brandon Staley had the Rams Defense #1 in the NFL. Rex Ryan did too--only he had a bevy of hall of famers on his defense. Maybe don't put so much on unit rankings when there are a lot of other factors involved. There's more to being a head coach than calling plays.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Larry Kruger (Sports radio host SF) on The Junkies had this to say when asked about Slowik -

• He's young but comes from a football family
  • Shanny believes in hiring from football family's
  • Work for Mike since back in 2010
  • Really sharp guy
  • Began at bottom with quality control which is where all coaches start
  • Slowik was a WR by trade
  • Shanny put him as defensive QC because he believes you can't be really a great offensive player caller unless you have an understanding of defenses
  • Kruger thinks you'd get him for a good $$$ related to annual salary
  • Done a great job in any role he's been in (see Texans)

I really like the Shanahan model of having everyone learn and understand defenses before being put on the offensive side. I think it's pretty valuable and as far as head coaching candidates, one who understands both sides of the ball really well is an added bonus especially when it's a young coach

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I really like the Shanahan model of having everyone learn and understand defenses before being put on the offensive side. I think it's pretty valuable and as far as head coaching candidates, one who understands both sides of the ball really well is an added bonus especially when it's a young coach

This is the one BIG thing I like about Slowik is that he's coached on D. He knows both sides of the ball, thus my #2 choice and he's right on Ben Johnson's butt as next up if Johnson decides to go elsewhere.  Bring on Slowik!  I'd be a happy man!  See Al Pacino riding in the Farrari in Scent of a Woman.  LOL 

Bobby Slowik | Pro Football History.com (pro-football-history.com)

image.png.99320cbadd35be64ed794fc1bea52b5e.png

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is the one BIG thing I like about Slowik is that he's coached on D.

And Raheem Morris coached far more on the offensive side of the ball than Slowik did on defense. He's not my first choice, but don't be surprised if Peters, Speilman, and Myers like him far more than we do. He's also climbing my list.

image.png.f447a2fce1d286ec53f7723dd0168100.png

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And Raheem Morris coached far more on the offensive side of the ball than Slowik did on defense. He's not my first choice, but don't be surprised if Peters, Speilman, and Myers like him far more than we do. He's also climbing my list.

image.png.f447a2fce1d286ec53f7723dd0168100.png

You missed my point, Slowik has coached on D before and been associated with it.  Has Raheem on O??  Happy for ya liking Raheem as HC.  I don't.  Better options out there.  We pounded this subject enough, wouldn't you say?  Respectfully you have your opinion and others have theirs.  :) 

Edited by RWJ
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think it's real telling he didn't even interview anywhere else. I don't want to jinx it, and Keim has repeatedly said this is no slam dunk, but I have to feel we are the leader in the club house for Johnson.

• Thumb up 1

This is slightly off topic and not meant to derail the convo but I’m not sure I could stomach another conversion to a 3-4 defense if for example, Mike MacDonald were to arrive on the doorstep. The front 7 is set to undergo a major rebuild regardless but do we need a repeat of the turmoil created when Shanny tried the same? It set the whole “era” off on the wrong track, IMO

• Like 2