Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Humor me here… if we beat Dallas… where are we picking?

I think it will still depend on all of the other games but I read somewhere that we would be in the neighborhood of the 7-9th pick.

3 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I think it will still depend on all of the other games but I read somewhere that we would be in the neighborhood of the 7-9th pick.

This is the type of thing that could happen as the last gasp of the Snyder Era.

I’m nervous. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It hadn’t really registered with me how close the Giants are to getting one of the top 3 guys.

Honestly, they could possibly still get one at 5, if the draft breaks their way. Or, if the bears wind up taking Marvin Harrison, I could the the Arizona being willing to move off their pick and trade it to the Giants. 

I feel like the giants are too close to #1, and that could result on striking a deal with the bears to get to #1.  The giants will offer multiple premium picks, and the bears don't tumble down too far.   The bears last year came all the way down to #9 after trading out of #1, at #5 this year they could take MHJ (doubt he is there) or get LT of their choice.  Or bowers since they can afford to take that chance and still have a chance at a solid LT at 9.  Or vice versa.

Hope the giants are motivated to win today and can pull it off.

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I feel like the giants are too close to #1, and that could result on striking a deal with the bears to get to #1.  The giants will offer multiple premium picks, and the bears don't tumble down too far.   The bears last year came all the way down to #9 after trading out of #1, at #5 this year they could take MHJ (doubt he is there) or get LT of their choice.  Or bowers since they can afford to take that chance and still have a chance at a solid LT at 9.  Or vice versa.

What's interesting about the Giants is that once Saquon walks in free agency, they really don't have much offensive talent at all besides Darren Waller (who is usually injured for 50% of any given season). If they opt to replace Daniel Jones, they are committing to a full rebuild of the offense, I think.

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Bryce Young was such a good playmaker. Yes, he was small… but the things he made happen were so damn good. 

And yet the things Bryce Young made happen arent anywhere close to the things Williams or Maye makes happen. I get it. You are not real high on Williams. But there really is no comparison of Young vs. Williams when it comes to quality of prospect imo.

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

What's interesting about the Giants is that once Saquon walks in free agency, they really don't have much offensive talent at all besides Darren Waller (who is usually injured for 50% of any given season). If they opt to replace Daniel Jones, they are committing to a full rebuild of the offense, I think.

Agreed, a rebuild of the offense is needed.  Barkley is probably getting to the age, wear and tear, and price tag where it makes sense to let him walk. 

Giants have good young talent on the oline.  They are in striking distance to get their next QB, I think now is the time.  I just hope they win and ultimately the Bears prefer another offer.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

And yet the things Bryce Young made happen arent anywhere close to the things Williams or Maye makes happen. I get it. You are not real high on Williams. But there really is no comparison of Young vs. Williams when it comes to quality of prospect imo.

Young made a ton happen. You’re underselling him. He was a phenomenal playmaker. He didn’t have the arm Williams has. He also makes Williams look like Andre the Giant.

There are lots of reasons to say Williams > Young, most of which I’d agree with.

But the concept remains. I overlooked size and pocket passing for the athletic playmaker.

And I was wrong. 

Doesn’t mean that is always the case. But I’m not going to overlook red flags.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Young would be the reason you don't trade up, Panthers traded up the future for the no.1.  The Bears have their no.1 pick in the whole draft this year. Either way do not mortgage next year's no.1 to move up. No reason to panic like Carolina.  

I am with you now. Stand pat and take whichever one is left. Use your 2nds to put a weapon and OL around the young QB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Do you know how happy I’d be if the Giants traded multiple high end assets to move up and draft a QB in this class?

Ecstatic. I’d be ecstatic.

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Humor me here… if we beat Dallas… where are we picking?

From what I've seen and playing out game combos, etc...I think the worst we could reasonably fall to is 5th.

Just now, Forehead said:

From what I've seen and playing out game combos, etc...I think the worst we could reasonably fall to is 5th.

Okay, that’s better than 7-9. So if we do a really Snyder thing and win today it’s not THAT bad. But still not a good thing :ols:

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay, that’s better than 7-9. So if we do a really Snyder thing and win today it’s not THAT bad. But still not a good thing :ols:

I think we could still take a great prospect and/or trade down from that position. Not bad. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yeah, it would take too long to post out all the various scenarios, but essentially, some SOS's aren't close enough with us one way or the other to matter, and there are several "hurts team B but also helps team C" type things.

At this point it boils down to three things.

1. We lost

2. New England beat the Jets

3. If #2 doesn't happen, I *think* at this point that assuming both us and NE lose, we're guaranteed pick number 2 if New Orleans beats Atlanta.  If Atlanta wins, there are two other games that have to go our way instead.  

4. Green Bay over Chicago, and I can't remember the other one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Yes they chose to pass up Champ to take the extra picks. Had to it was too good a deal to pass up. Luckily he fell to where they could come back up and get him. What a great draft it was for us either way! 24 years ago, unironically the last time we had a real GM. It’s been Snyder hell ever since.

Yup, it was a very successful draft.  Along with getting most of their 1999 picks, and 2 guys they really desired, they ended out with a 1st and 3rd in 2000. The first turned into the second selection. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Do you know how happy I’d be if the Giants traded multiple high end assets to move up and draft a QB in this class?

Ecstatic. I’d be ecstatic.

I don't know man.  Sure it could blow up in their face, it's far from an exact science, but putting a Caleb Williams type prospect behind a promising young oline has nauseating potential for the gmen.  

The Daniel Jones cap hit in 2024 and lack of other premium draft picks in 24/25 will make it hard to add young cheap talent in the short term, but if the QB pans out, they will have a good young core for years 3-5 of the QB on the rookie contract.  I'd rather they just be stuck in mediocrity with Daniel Jones.

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is the type of thing that could happen as the last gasp of the Snyder Era.

I’m nervous. 

Look at the facts.  Dallas is playing for the division title and most importantly the #2 seed.  They can rest for an extra week.  That's huge and you're freaking out thinking we stand a chance to win the game. Our team gave up weeks ago, KDawg!  Really?  

8 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Yeah, it would take too long to post out all the various scenarios, but essentially, some SOS's aren't close enough with us one way or the other to matter, and there are several "hurts team B but also helps team C" type things.

At this point it boils down to three things.

1. We lost

2. New England beat the Jets

3. If #2 doesn't happen, I *think* at this point that assuming both us and NE lose, we're guaranteed pick number 2 if New Orleans beats Atlanta.  If Atlanta wins, there are two other games that have to go our way instead.  

4. Green Bay over Chicago, and I can't remember the other one.

LV over the Broncos. 

• Like 1