Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone been following the 8 passengers situation (crazy youtube mother)

spjunkies

I know that our site isn't the target range for this type of content, but this situation is way too sad not to follow. I found out about this psycho woman last week and started watching numerous videos on her documented abuse.  

It's amazing/sad that she was able to slide by the law for so damn long.

Here's a few videos that recap her evil ways.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wait. They arrested the mom and her business partner but not her husband for abuse? How does that work? How could he entirely uninvolved and clueless to what was happening to his children in his home?

Apparently he moved out of the home a year or so ago and wasn't present at the compound the kids were found at. Not giving him an out, but that's why he wasn't taken in immediately. 

35 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I know that our site isn't the target range for this type of content, but this situation is way too sad not to follow. I found out about this psycho woman last week and started watching numerous videos on her documented abuse.  

It's amazing/sad that she was able to slide by the law for so damn long.

Here's a few videos that recap her evil ways.

Yo, I have a 13 yo daughter. A few years ago, this **** was blaring from her iPad all the ****ing time.  

Not surprised by any of this.

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Apparently he moved out of the home a year or so ago and wasn't present at the compound the kids were found at. Not giving him an out, but that's why he wasn't taken in immediately. 

So he never had custody and the abuse only existed in the past year? Because a child so malnourished that the cops take them away, isn’t something you would miss if you picked them up for the weekend.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

So he never had custody and the abuse only existed in the past year? Because a child so malnourished that the cops take them away, isn’t something you would miss if you picked them up for the weekend.  

Apparently the woman she was arrested with is a "therapist" known for separating wives and children from fathers. Based off of videos I've seen with him included he's an ahole and probably had no problem living life as a single guy with no involvement with the kids. He probably had no clue what was happening to them tbh.

I hope they can find a way to hit him with something, but it will likely be tougher for the authorities to charge him with anything significant, unfortunately. 

Edited by spjunkies

Thousands try to watch influencer Ruby Franke court hearing in child abuse case

Ruby Franke, a Springville mom who had over 2 million YouTube followers on a family-based channel, appeared virtually before a St. George judge on Friday for an initial court appearance as thousands of people tried tuning in to watch her.

Franke — best known for her YouTube channel "8 Passengers" — is accused of restraining her two youngest children with duct tape and starving them in Jodi Hildebrandt's home in Ivins, Washington County. She was arrested after police say her son climbed out a window with duct tape on his ankles and wrists and asked a neighbor for food and water.

Hildebrandt, 54, appeared before the judge right after Franke did — both from a room in Purgatory Correctional Facility — wearing orange-and-white striped jumpsuits.

Franke and Hildebrandt, a licensed clinical mental health counselor, are each charged with six counts of aggravated child abuse, a second-degree felony. The judge on Friday ordered both to be held without bail pending trial.

The women were running the YouTube channel and a company called Connexions Classroom, or ConneXions. YouTube took the ConneXions and 8 Passengers channels down after their arrests.

The hearing is likely the most attended since Utah began widely using WebEx to conduct remote court hearings. The court was still letting people into the virtual room until well over half an hour after the hearing was scheduled to begin.

The court asked people to mute and turn off their cameras while people were still being let in, but that didn't stop many comments — mostly comments telling other people to mute their microphones.

On Twitter, the Utah courts account said there were over 1,000 people in the room and many more trying to get in — and that was well before they began the hearing. Multiple people were kicked out of the virtual room before the hearing started, including KSL reporters, as the court tried to handle the volume.

Click on the link for the full article

• 3 months later...

Former family vlogger Ruby Franke pleads guilty in child abuse case

Former family vlogger Ruby Franke pleaded guilty on Monday to four felony counts of second-degree aggravated child abuse, according to video footage of the hearing uploaded to YouTube.

The Utah mother of six, known to her nearly 2.3 million YouTube followers for the now-removed family channel “8 Passengers,” was charged in September with six counts of felony child abuse. She and her business partner, Jodi Hildebrandt, were arrested in August after police found one of Franke’s children with open wounds after escaping from Hildebrandt’s home. Another one of her children was found in similar malnourished condition at Hildebrandt’s home.

Franke appeared in court Monday to accept the plea deal in Washington County, Utah. Her sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I told my family she would plead if she is smart.  Seems like the state will go harder after the professionally licensed scam artist therapist. Really curious how this will play in the future but she really seemed to go in with the therapist, so it seems a little disingenuous for her to throw the therapist/business partners under the bus...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I told my family she would plead if she is smart.  Seems like the state will go harder after the professionally licensed scam artist therapist. Really curious how this will play in the future but she really seemed to go in with the therapist, so it seems a little disingenuous for her to throw the therapist/business partners under the bus...

Honestly, I think at this point she had no choice. The son escaping the torture left her absolutely no wiggle room.

Here's a very good breakdown of the evidence that they have against the two psychopaths. 

• 2 months later...

Popular parent blogger Ruby Franke sentenced to consecutive prison terms for 4 counts of aggravated child abuse

Ruby Franke, a mother and popular web personality who pleaded guilty last year to four counts of aggravated child abuse, was sentenced to four consecutive sentences of one to 15 years in a Utah prison Tuesday.

“My charges are just,” Franke said at the sentencing. “They offer safety to my family, accountability to the public, and they did show mercy to me.”

Franke, 42, had vlogged the abuse of her children on her now-deleted YouTube channel “8 Passengers.” She was arrested in August after her 12-year-old son ran away and asked a neighbor to call police.

Franke was initially charged with six counts but pleaded not guilty to two of the counts as part of a plea deal to testify against her business partner, Jodi Hildebrandt, who was also charged with aggravated child abuse but also reached a plea agreement, prosecutors said.

The abuse included denying Franke’s children food and water, kicking her son while wearing boots and depriving him of oxygen, according to court documents.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

They've released the arrest footage and the emergency responders talking to the children. This is one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen how defeated the little girl was. Those kids were going to die if the son didn't escape to the neighbor 😡🥹

*warning* These videos are very hard to watch. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It makes me cry. And these people got caught. Think about all the abusers that aren’t caught.

You're absolutely right there are some screwed up creatures on this planet. It's mind-boggling how people have the nerve to treat anyone like this let alone children. 

I honestly broke down once the son was being comforted by the neighbor. 

Additional evidence of Ruby being trash.