Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Easy for me to say now, but I'm not terribly impressed by Lawrence. The Jaguars in general were dead today, but Lawrence's 2 picks hurt bad, and he didn't do much to make up for it.

Dennis Allen......dude, that was classless.

Edited by skinzplay
Correction. Allen said the players ran that play even though he told them not to. Damn, if they're that nonchalant about the coach's orders......

Why in the heck did the Packers call a pass near (but not at) the sidelines with 11 seconds left and no timeouts while already in position for a short field goal?  That pass needs to go either Endzone or incomplete.  Instead, receiver was tackled in the field of play and the clock expired when a gimme 3-pointer was right there.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Announcers cannot stop praising Joe Barry.  I feel like there's been a concerted effort by commentators to get Joe Barry to keep his job since calls for him to be fired were renewed again this season.

I have to say it's bizarre that he is in this same position again.  How does he keep getting away with it?!

16 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

I have to say it's bizarre that he is in this same position again.  How does he keep getting away with it?!

Matt LeFleur is a coward that doesn't want to fire someone he likes until well after the entire world knows it needs to be done.  Had a similar problem with putting Amari Rodgers out on Kickoff and Punt returns time and time again even though he never broke one big, but constantly fumbled the ball (you guys might remember winning a game against the Packers the other season as a direct result of one of his muffed punts).  People kept calling for him to be removed, but LaFleur would always deflect and talk about how great he was in practice and that he's not just gonna '****-can' the guy who kept losing the team games while providing absolutely nothing.  Finally ****-cans the guy well after the whole world knew he should, and what do you know, the guy sitting on the bench (Keishawn Nixon) waiting for the opportunity not only doesn't fumble the ball every other touch, but makes big return after big return and gets named all-pro.  But he was stuck on the bench the whole time because LaFleur didn't want to be mean and bench Amari Rodgers for being a complete failure.

Now here we are with Joe Barry running failed defense after failed defense, despite all the resources poured into it.  But LaFleur and he became friends earlier in their careers, so he gets to fail and fail and fail, and it's never the right timing to make a change.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

For the record, I think it's a mistake to fully rest when you have a bye coming up. Just too much time with your guys not playing. 

It probably is, but on the other hand, the Eagles went into their game looking pretty bad and will come out looking much worse if Hurts and AJ Brown are injured by next week. It'll probably get glossed over because of how weak they've been this past month, but I can't think of anything more disastrous than fighting hard the first half and then admitting they're getting crushed and putting in backups after the injuries have happened.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It probably is, but on the other hand, the Eagles went into their game looking pretty bad and will come out looking much worse if Hurts and AJ Brown are injured by next week. It'll probably get glossed over because of how weak they've been this past month, but I can't think of anything more disastrous than fighting hard the first half and then admitting they're getting crushed and putting in backups after the injuries have happened.

seinfeld-shes-a-2-face-v0-b-Bl3xve10p-KG

• Haha 3